WJC: Big story about to drop -Kadri/Nino

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
It certainly does happen all the time. That doesn't make it okay, and doesn't mean it should be dismissed with "I'm sorry but it's hockey." Do you think a person should have to go to work everyday expecting to be the target of racist remarks? Would that be tolerated in any other workplace besides a pro sport? Certainly not.

Right, because every workplace has the same environment?

If you get offended by cussing, stay away from construction.

If you can't help but cuss, don't expect to last long in a high end business.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Kadri...is Nino!

Nino...is Kadri!

...oh my god!

finkle_profile_page.jpg

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
It certainly does happen all the time. That doesn't make it okay, and doesn't mean it should be dismissed with "I'm sorry but it's hockey." Do you think a person should have to go to work everyday expecting to be the target of racist remarks? Would that be tolerated in any other workplace besides a pro sport? Certainly not.

It shouldn't be tolerated in the workplace but hockey is a physical game with a lot of emotions and most workplaces aren't. A lot of off-the-cuff remarks are said in hockey. It doesn't make it right, but it happens.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
its hilarious how kadri comes out looking like the bad guy on these boards no matter what is reported.

It looks more like it's the leafs fans who are coming out looking bad after screaming racism without proofs.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Watch it be nothing a la The Darkest Day in Habs History.

This thread will be 20 pages of speculation followed by another 20 of facepalming.

But that epic hab story was amazing, I remember being on HF when that dropped, and the forums exploded.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I agree with what you're saying, but in reality nothing is gonna stop racial comments in games.

But we can try, and that's the important part. Effort. However, it's clear that some people, even on this board, are more than happy to hear, or see something like that happen in games.

Rooooooooooxxxanne*

so does anyone know what this is all about? or is this whole thread basically people speculating it has something to do with race?

Pyke*

Complete hyperbole.

Yeah but racist comments are going to lend themselves to warm and cuddly feelings inside. It's certainly not going to lead to some feelings of hatred that will lead to attacks on ice :laugh:

Sorry but, I don't consider a racist comment to be equivalent to a gesture which is used as a death threat.

Whether you consider the underlying logic to be hyperbole or not, they're not comparable.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Watch it be nothing a la The Darkest Day in Habs History.

This thread will be 20 pages of speculation followed by another 20 of facepalming.

:laugh::laugh: Greatest day in HF Boards history. I remember it like it was yesterday.

- Police team at airport waiting for plane to arrive.

- 3 players in BIG trouble and their NHL careers are over.

- Gainey and co in SERIOUS meeting with Bettman all day.

Jacques Demers was on RDS practically crying and saying that all the Habs greats would be ashamed and disgusted.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
So dissapointed with my countrymen, slamming down on Kadri even tho all we know is that Nino went overboard and Kadri excersized his right to not shake hands.

It's a players choice. It was Marty's choice to not shake Avery's hand because Avery went over the line.

Forget he's a Leaf prospect for two weeks and take the side of your country. The Swiss aren't fairy boys who need to be cuddled...the throat slit gesture seems more appropriate afer seeing how dirty they were in last nights game.

Huh? We dont know that. Kadri said that Nino didnt say anything that you dont normally hear in hockey.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
If whatever happened goes public, Kadri is an even bigger dbag than I thought.

It's a shame, as a player he certainly has potential.

BlackAces*

Haha I don't think Nino's character was at all tainted judging by the number of people saying that racist comments in hockey are okay.

That still begs the question of what the story is now that we know it isn't about race.

Yeah, I really wanna know now. Well done media:laugh:

I hope this is true, because I like both players and I'd hate to see Nino tainted for something he didn't do.

It would certainly be unfair.

Where did I say anything about race? If you're trying to make a snide remark, it was a failure.

What the hell are you talking about?

Mr Lahey*

You've put Kadri in a situation where he can't possibly win.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
kadri said "peace out swiss your team sucks"

nino said "were still better than the leafs, have fun playing in hell your whole career, or the 27 games you actually do play"

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006

Why? What do you know? Biased comments like this make all Sens fans look bad. You should be flamed by your own fanbase as should anyone rushing to judgement on baseless accusations made about teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad