OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Run's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Kevin Smith fan here, except for Jay & Silent Bob do Degrassi (the next generation of Degrassi). Picked it up for practically nothing, thought it was a rat pack pleasure until i found out what it was. Didn't know about Degrassi (never watched the 1st series) so i might be biased but Smith's torque just lost a gear for me there although i understand why it would be more tame (like a lot) & lower budget. Oh well, he likes Degrassi, had his fun & i did laugh a few times but eeew slow ****, predictable slow ****.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
EXPEDIA go F yourself.

Purchased a trip for my niece to visit and purchased the insurance which said "FULL REFUND for ANY REASON."

When ANY ANSWER happens, and I go to get my refund, guess what? No refund. I got BAIT and SWITCHED.

Obviously will never use that pos company again.

Spoke to a supervisor, who refused to give me her name or any sort of operator/supervisory #. "all I can give you is Marge. Which maybe true, but with her broken english, I am guessing she might not been an actual Marge, haha.

Spent 70 minutes on the phone with them. Missing the Bucco game.

Again, F YOU Expedia.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Fun watching periscopes of GnR Coachella last night.

Axl is fronting AC/DC for the rest of their 2016 dates, which was made official yesterday morning and Angus Young comes out last night and does 2 songs with the band. Stallone & Schwarzenegger, Leo DiCaprio, even Courtney Love (lol), and many others were there.

Chvrches' Lauren Mayberry was ridiculously attractive as usual.

Most of the acts were live streamed at the Coachella site, GnR wasn't, though (had to do periscope). Watched a few other acts, including Ice Cube, who brought out Snoop Dogg for the last song, great set as well. There were a dozen or so acts I wanted to see but forgot about the live stream until late, I'll have to catch them live next weekend.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I watched the new ep off the dvr last night. By the look of the previews for next week, Martha is pretty much screwed.

Episode 4 was the one that got me. I was not ready for that. Poor Martha... Which is pretty much how I always feel about her. :(

They better not kill Martha. Seriously, have mercy, show. Good people being dragged into it is a huge strength of the show and I always care about them.

The Americans is one of the many shows on my list of things to watch. What sort of priority do you guys think it deserves?

Top priority. I'd argue that it's the best show on tv and then you can complain about how it deserves more recognition as well. It deserves more recognition. :rant:

I've got to get caught up on shows, that's my current thing. Netflix got me distracted from things that are currently airing on tv.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If a small taco is a taquito, then a small judge... must be a Judge Ito!

tumblr_mnxsxxLWCS1qk4d9xo1_500.gif

I was in the same courthouse as the Simpson trial...place is a total dump, go figure. Ito retired last year, if I'm not mistaken.

Round two of jury selection tomorrow. Yayyy.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, I've been called up for Jury Duty next month for an anticipated 14 week trial. I'm begging for some serious ju-ju that something happens between now and then that the trial never happens.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
You'll have to get creative.

giphy.gif

Thankfully it looks like I won't even have to shirk my civic duty...they're bringing back ~30 of us just to pick the 2 alternates so I doubt they even make it to me before they finish.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah, I've been called up for Jury Duty next month for an anticipated 14 week trial. I'm begging for some serious ju-ju that something happens between now and then that the trial never happens.

This is when you get your doctor to say that you have an anxiety problem that would be awful for you to deal with during a trial. Or to play up any other health issue.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I'm actually just probably going to tell them the God's honest truth on the day. A trial that long is almost certainly either going to be a) something gravely serious or b) something overwhelmingly convoluted. Hell, likely both.

If it's the former, I don't want that responsibility at all. If it's the latter, I really don't see myself being able to maintain attention for three and a half months while lawyers argue over the minutia of thousands of pages of tax law or something.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Last summer I had JD, and was selected as part of a big group for some big medical malpractice trial that could last several weeks. Fortunately they settled the Friday before it started.

A few years back when I also had it, there was a huge embezzlement and other fun stuff trial that was potentially months long and they settled the morning it was scheduled to begin. I showed up to the building (news trucks all over the place) and as I was walking up the steps they were coming out telling us to go home.

Good luck to you on an early settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad