OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Run's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
For me: 130 hours of train travel the next couple weeks.

As for yinz...
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31092-1369081284-6.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Bill Burr, neck and neck with Louis CK for my favorite comedian of all time, has a new show on Netflix called F is for Family.

It's like Married With Children and Bob's Burgers had a baby and it was born on censor-free Netflix.

It's pretty good so far.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm actually on a train right now. Going from Pittsburgh to DC. Just over half way there.

Haven't heard any Star Wars spoilers yet. Had to blast some music since I heard people talking about it. I thought I'd be safe from spoilers since there are a bunch of Mennonites here.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
work is awkward today. I work in a chem lab, so obviously there are 5 star wars nerds. Three of us saw it last night, and the other two haven't. We just want to talk about it, but we can't if they are in the room :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm actually on a train right now. Going from Pittsburgh to DC. Just over half way there.

Haven't heard any Star Wars spoilers yet. Had to blast some music since I heard people talking about it. I thought I'd be safe from spoilers since there are a bunch of Mennonites here.

Capitol Limited A#1.

For me - Southwest Chief - > Capitol Limited - Week in Pittsburgh - Capitol Limited -> Texas Eagle

Malkin112*

wow Star Wars is the most hyped thing I have ever seen. All of a sudden everybody and their mother is losing their minds over this ****

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
work is awkward today. I work in a chem lab, so obviously there are 5 star wars nerds. Three of us saw it last night, and the other two haven't. We just want to talk about it, but we can't if they are in the room :laugh:

No such thing as a spoiler imo. Like why does knowing the plot to something make it worse? Sometimes I prefer to know the ending so I can pay attention to the plot development and stuff. I like seeing how things go from point a to point b. Which is easier to notice if you know what point b is. ☺

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
No such thing as a spoiler imo. Like why does knowing the plot to something make it worse? Sometimes I prefer to know the ending so I can pay attention to the plot development and stuff. I like seeing how things go from point a to point b. Which is easier to notice if you know what point b is. ☺

I disagree with this so much. I'm not saying a movie isn't good when spoiled, but the first time I see something I want to know as little about it as possible. Wanting to know what happens next is a HUGE part of what makes me really enjoy a story. Its not the only thing, but its pretty damn important thing. Knowing the ending can completely take the tension out of a situation. This is one big reason why so many people end up changing their opinions of movies down the line, too. Some of it is just initial hype and whatnot, but a lot of it is just how well the story holds up when you already know what happens.

Sure, there are a lot of movies where watching them a 2nd time after you know the twists and turns is cool to see if you can spot the clues. But I don't want to be watching for clues the first time I watch a movie, I want to be watching the movie.

Last edited:

member 51464

I watched IV, V, and VI forever ago and only watched I when the prequels came out.

What do I need to do to be ready for the new one?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I watched IV, V, and VI forever ago and only watched I when the prequels came out.

What do I need to do to be ready for the new one?

honestly, probably not much as long as you remember who the main characters from the original trilogy are. If you remember who Luke, Leia, Han and Darth Vader are, you should be good to go. You don't need to know a damn thing about the prequels.

The things that are really relevant.

30+ Year Old Spoilers Below

Leia was with the Rebel Alliance trying to stop the Empire.
Luke saved Leia, joined the rebels and became the last Jedi and stopped the Empire including Vader. Luke and Leia are brother and sister. Vader was their father. Luke defeated Vader but wouldn't kill him, believing there was still good in Vader and not wanting to fall to the dark side himself. The emperor then tried to kill Luke. Vader stopped and killed the emperor, and then died.
Han was a smuggler who helped, though he was much less idealistic in his heroism. Him and Leia fell in love. He also had a Wookiee friend named Chewie who is awesome.

There, you're ready for The Force Awakens :laugh:

Last edited:

member 51464

haha, before reading your spoilers, I wrote the following:

Leia and Luke are bro and sis. They kissed for some reason and Luke was like the pansy kid with great potential at sports who needed a push from his overbearing dad.

Emperor=evil. Vader=evil. Yoda = oddly phrased sentences

Han was a cool guy and whether or not he shot first is important to most non-me humans in the western world.

So, I guess I got the gist ;) Thanks!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
haha, before reading your spoilers, I wrote the following:

Leia and Luke are bro and sis. They kissed for some reason and Luke was like the pansy kid with great potential at sports who needed a push from his overbearing dad.

Emperor=evil. Vader=evil. Yoda = oddly phrased sentences

Han was a cool guy and whether or not he shot first is important to most non-me humans in the western world.

So, I guess I got the gist ;) Thanks!

I'd add that everyone believed Vader was evil, including Vader, except for Luke who thought there was still good in him. In the end, Luke was right for just a brief moment for Vader to save him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Haven't seen the Star Wars movie yet.

But I binge watched up to Episode 7 of that Avery case documentary on Netflix. Thoroughly disgusted with the legal system in some parts of America, but also know that this is the norm in far too many states over the years.

I mean...some parts, it's just...absurd. If that's how people that are supposed to be unbiased are supposed to behave, I feel for the people that sit in jail for something they didn't do and just accepted it thinking they have no leg to stand on to get out.

It's a trip watching this and talking to my cousin back in NY who is a retired prosecutor, he had no words for how botched that entire murder case was/is by law enforcement and even the judge and prosecutors alike.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
So I made it to the finals of my fantasy league and the guy I`m facing texted me to ask me if I wanted to just split the money 50/50 and play for bragging rights plus our WWE belt. I took the deal so now I'm $650 richer 3 days before Christmas.

We are being razzed by our fellow league mates but the way the NFL is being officiated this year, I don't want to be screwed out of 600 bucks(difference between $950 and $350)because of some dumb no catch rule or something.

It's already starting to be a good Christmas. :)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm a game away from back to back championships in fantasy football. Also in first in one of my fantasy hockey leagues. I'm doing much much worse in my other hockey league though; sadly the one with some people from HF Pens :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad