OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Run's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
GGG with another brutal KO victory tonight on HBO boxing!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Shame they couldn't find a live body for him to fight, Wade proved to be a bum. Guy was knocked out after a punch to the arm. :laugh:

You could tell he felt his power in the first and was more or less trying to find a way out in the second.

GGG/Canelo would be interesting later this year. Outside of that, Kovalev or Ward vs GGG would be awesome. GGG is 34, so he needs to take these guys on before he is out of his prime. If they are just ducking him, someone needs to step in and make them happen.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Shame they couldn't find a live body for him to fight, Wade proved to be a bum. Guy was knocked out after a punch to the arm. :laugh:

You could tell he felt his power in the first and was more or less trying to find a way out in the second.

GGG/Canelo would be interesting later this year. Outside of that, Kovalev or Ward vs GGG would be awesome. GGG is 34, so he needs to take these guys on before he is out of his prime. If they are just ducking him, someone needs to step in and make them happen.

Yeah after the knockdown in the first, Wade knew he was toast I think. :laugh:

I doubt GGG vs. Canelo will happen any time soon though, if it even does?? Frankly I think Kovalev/Ward or Kovalev/Stevenson will happen first. :laugh:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Take any job you can find. That would be my recommendation. The quicker you find any job that pays you, the easier it is to find a job you really want. As the saying goes, it's easier to find a job when you have one.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Not sure, I've been faking it myself since 2006

But congrats. The fun part of your life is over :laugh:

Maybe I'm an optimist but just like the changing of the seasons, different life changes are something to look forward to. College was fun, but the drunken stupor and lack of money gets old. Then post college life was fun due to all the freedoms and how easy my jobs were, but I was still broke. Now my job is a complete nightmare, but I can travel a bit, buy cool stuff every so often, and generally do whatever I want.

member 51464

My advice is to take the long view. You may not get the dream job right out of college, you may find that it isn't quite as easy to have a big social circle (for example, if you have to relocate for work), and you may find the grind a bit tough your first few years out there. But take it all in stride and just look to grow at every opportunity.

By your late 20s/early 30s you will hopefully be financially established, have more perspective on things, and have found those people you really care about that are important to you for keeping in your life (like the Pens board, obvi).

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
A lot of us graduated college during the recession and there was pretty much no work to be had. I first sat jobless, and then I took whatever I can find. I now have a really good gig. It took me a while, but I'm there now. I'm 29 years old, and I wouldn't do pretty much any of my early-mid 20's over. Being established and comfortable is a much better place to be in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad