OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Party Like It's 1699

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Thanks, man.

The worst thing about it is, I gotta sit next to her in class for the next three MONTHS and we're doing our final exam together. I'll try to act normal, but that's not gonna be easy.

If I hear her talking about a guy she's dating or something like that, I think I'm gonna lose it. :shakehead

Unless she is a dick I doubt she does something like that.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Unless she is a dick I doubt she does something like that.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Plenty of people don't realize what their actions do to other people. For example, when I was saying goodbye to my ex and her kid, she decided to show me a picture of who she started seeing. Why the **** would I want to know?

Best to move on and find a new chick ASAP -- be it just a random hook up or a relationship. Easier said than done, but I find this helps me out. Definitely wish my friend would listen to this advice.

You can always drink drugs and do alcohol though.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Plenty of people don't realize what their actions do to other people.

Best to move on and find a new chick ASAP -- be it just a random hook up or a relationship. Easier said than done, but I find this helps me out.

Yeah, weekend will be interesting for sure. We are both invited to a birthday party at a club on Satuday. I'm gonna get wasted for sure. Random hook up sounds good, haven't had that in a while.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Plenty of people don't realize what their actions do to other people. For example, when I was saying goodbye to my ex and her kid, she decided to show me a picture of who she started seeing. Why the **** would I want to know?

Best to move on and find a new chick ASAP -- be it just a random hook up or a relationship. Easier said than done, but I find this helps me out. Definitely wish my friend would listen to this advice.

This.

Some think that there is only a 'the one'. The truth is that there are a ton of girls out there, most of whom would love to be caught. Not worth wasting time on the ones who do not want to be. Though a party where that girl is may not be the best place. I would find another party and another (or two or three other) girls.

Eventually you do find one who fits. I have dated (never married) the same girl for what will be 24 years in June. But she is not 'the one', no one is. She is 'one' enough though that it works well for us.

For now though have a good time. Go through a lot of girls in that search. It is a lot of fun.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Thanks, man.

The worst thing about it is, I gotta sit next to her in class for the next three MONTHS and we're doing our final exam together. I'll try to act normal, but that's not gonna be easy.

If I hear her talking about a guy she's dating or something like that, I think I'm gonna lose it. :shakehead

Probably would have benefited you to wait until the end of the semester, but I know how that stuff goes. I got friend zoned real hard in college. I haven't talked to the girl since, and if I had to after she decided against a more serious relationship, it'd be super weird.

Best of luck to you.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And the funny thing about ^ that story is her and I got drunk at a bar and it was the playoff game the Pens got eliminated by the Canadiens. I basically thought to myself, "**** it...this night sucks, let's see what happens." Well the night ended up sucking much, much more.

penguins2946*

3 semesters left of college. Where did the time go?

I have at least 7, I'm trying to figure out how I can double major and still graduate on time.

On the topic of discussion, I got friendzoned 4 times in first semester at college, so I'm gave up on that to just focus on my grades :laugh:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I have at least 7, I'm trying to figure out how I can double major and still graduate on time.

On the topic of discussion, I got friendzoned 4 times in first semester at college, so I'm gave up on that to just focus on my grades :laugh:

Look at you overachieving and ish. Yeah if you can definitely do it, but otherwise just pick up a minor. I wouldn't stay in school longer than you have to unless you're going for your CPA or something like that.

penguins2946*

Look at you overachieving and ish. Yeah if you can definitely do it, but otherwise just pick up a minor. I wouldn't stay in school longer than you have to unless you're going for your CPA or something like that.

I wasn't planning on staying any later, I wouldn't duel major unless I can graduate on time. Pitt sadly doesn't have an astronomy and physics minor, which was going to be one of my 2 majors (other is mechanical engineering).

Minors aren't too helpful. I'd suggest getting your bachelor's, getting a job, and then getting your company to pay for any additional education.

Westinghouse runs something through Pitt where they basically guarantee employment if you complete classes on basically how to work at Westinghouse. That's what I want to do, but we'll see if that changes in the next 4 years :laugh:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I said that same thing at least 4 times.

Hahaha I can only hope the same thing happens to me. Maybe I'll just pull an Edmonton and begin the tank...

I have plenty of friends that are 1-4 years behind. Going into college I thought that was a bad thing, but now I'm so jealous of those guys for being able to stretch it out that long. Too bad I can't.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Try out every minor in the book before deciding minors are for suckers, take a semester abroad (with a school your University is partnered with, but it turns out they won't actually take their credits from because I don't know, money), and then have a medical leave (though starting in the 9th week of the semester so no money could be recouped).

I love my alma mater, but they're never seeing a dime out of me if I make it big. As far as I'm concerned I've already donated $50k to the University of Montana.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
That sucks, man. My cousin did a semester abroad in Prague and got really sick and couldn't finish. He graduated on time, but he had to drop a minor or something like that. After his experience I didn't really have a desire to study abroad. I didn't plan on doing it in the first place, but after his experience I decided that it wasn't for me.

Although if I did have to stay an extra semester or two, it would only run me an extra 10 or 20k, which in the whole scheme of things isn't that bad. Gotta love state schools... Until it comes time to look for a job.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I graduated a semester late to turn a minor into a major. It was worth my time and money.

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
Probably would have benefited you to wait until the end of the semester, but I know how that stuff goes. I got friend zoned real hard in college. I haven't talked to the girl since, and if I had to after she decided against a more serious relationship, it'd be super weird.

Best of luck to you.

Yeah, that's what I thought after I told her. But this way, we have 3 more months to sort things out and maybe we can stay friends. I told her Tuesday and yesterday was really awkward. I've never been so uncomfortable sitting in class.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yeah, that's what I thought after I told her. But this way, we have 3 more months to sort things out and maybe we can stay friends. I told her Tuesday and yesterday was really awkward. I've never been so uncomfortable sitting in class.

Probably best not to "try" to still be friends. Take a break from her and just go about business as usual. If you end up still being friends, then that's it. If not, let it go.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I graduated a semester late to turn a minor into a major. It was worth my time and money.

Anyone that's not taking a highly employable major like engineering or computer science is well served to pick up a second major in something like accounting or marketing if it isn't too much extra money. It can also be an excellent way to strategically hide an extra year looking for work if the job market is weak.

member 51464

Try out every minor in the book before deciding minors are for suckers, take a semester abroad (with a school your University is partnered with, but it turns out they won't actually take their credits from because I don't know, money), and then have a medical leave (though starting in the 9th week of the semester so no money could be recouped).

I love my alma mater, but they're never seeing a dime out of me if I make it big. As far as I'm concerned I've already donated $50k to the University of Montana.
What ever happened to Montana State guy? Dredd Pirate or whatever.

That sucks, man. My cousin did a semester abroad in Prague and got really sick and couldn't finish. He graduated on time, but he had to drop a minor or something like that. After his experience I didn't really have a desire to study abroad. I didn't plan on doing it in the first place, but after his experience I decided that it wasn't for me.

Although if I did have to stay an extra semester or two, it would only run me an extra 10 or 20k, which in the whole scheme of things isn't that bad. Gotta love state schools... Until it comes time to look for a job.

Hmmmm.......

I got a job out of college that pays more than I ever thought I would make and has amazing benefits (health, retirement, etc....). ANd I was a Humanities guy at a public school to boot.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
What ever happened to Montana State guy? Dredd Pirate or whatever.

Hmmmm.......

I got a job out of college that pays more than I ever thought I would make and has amazing benefits (health, retirement, etc....). ANd I was a Humanities guy at a public school to boot.

Bad joke. I feel that I'm getting a good education, but sometimes I just wish that I would've transfered to Penn State or Pitt. Regardless, a good GPA is what's most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad