S. Pasadena, CA
Weird-Al-Yankovic-eyebrow-raise-in-GIF.gif

Last edited:

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
For proper French toast, 2 things.

Don't just dip bread in milk, or scrambled eggs.

Make a custard first (which is by definition both eggs and milk). I like to use 3 eggs per cup of half and half, sweetened with 2 tablespoons of honey, plus a pinch of salt.

Second - make sure the bread is stale first - so get a loaf of bread that has eggs as an ingredient.
Challah, Brioche, Hefezopf etc.

Use really thick slices and allow them to go stale overnight - when they soak up the custard they will still hold their structure.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
For proper French toast, 2 things.

Don't just dip bread in milk, or scrambled eggs.

Make a custard first (which is by definition both eggs and milk). I like to use 3 eggs per cup of half and half, sweetened with 2 tablespoons of honey, plus a pinch of salt.

Second - make sure the bread is stale first - so get a loaf of bread that has eggs as an ingredient.
Challah, Brioche, Hefezopf etc.

Use really thick slices and allow them to go stale overnight - when they soak up the custard they will still hold their structure.

that does sound good. the problem is I don't plan my breakfast out in advance like that. Eggs, Milk, salt, cinnamon and cheap white bread from wal-mart still makes for a very tasty breakfast about 20 minutes after I decide I want it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If you can't get your eggs fresh from one of Greenland's once per century free range chicken operated chicken farms, store bought is fine.

I bet those are amazing. I seriously considered having a chicken coop in my back yard, but I live in a city and couldn't have it within 5 feet of a side property line so it didn't work out.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Got rear-ended by a Porsche today and now I have a splitting headache. Yay.

As an almostsoontobebutnotreallysoontobeitsacoupleofyearsleftbutyouknowhowitis-doctor, i concur with Ogre. The physical and mental trauma that you have been put through should be well compensated for.

Sue for one billion dollars, no less, no more. I'll sign any papers needed.

It's also my birthday today, I don't see no thread about it. I'm very disappointed. Darth Vitale got one last year (or was it the year before?)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I may be American, but I'm only going to sue someone if it is absolutely necessary. I'm feeling fine today, no damage was done to the car, yadda yadda yadda.

Just because I can do something doesn't mean I should do something.

Freedom.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm from the Jersey Shore and my name is Tony. I'm thinking about buying an IROC just to really fit the stereotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad