OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Party Like It's 1699

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Frankly, from the perspective as Humanities guy who makes a living doing humanities things, one of the major qualifications you can take up is a language. Being a native English speaker and fluent in one or more second languages is probably the best thing for your career in the humanities. In media, advertising, and marketing, if you want to work for one of the top agencies/companies, it opens you up to working abroad, which makes you a VERY attractive candidate, not even going into the benefits that multi-lingual people have as employees in general.

The worst thing about the American educational system is that people aren't forced to learn a second or third language, which is why lots of companies like Google are moving a lot of their marketing and advertising work to agencies outside the US-- less overhead (i.e. smaller agencies, not necessarily lower pay), highly skilled workforces, and in-house translation make for something way more attractive than what you get in the US these days.

That's a good point. I guess it's just down to being more useful to potential employers.

That view is pretty nice, too.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
today i replied to an email that was sent in 2010.
on purpose?
Keira Knightley is only 29.

It makes sense, she looks 29. But she's looked 29 for 10 years now :laugh: Rare case of someone playing characters that are their age or older than they actually are. That usually works backwards. She was playing high schools kids when she was 17, then jumped right into being an adult in Pirates at 18. Weird.

Last edited:

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
Keira Knightley isn't even pretty.

nmkz7n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad