TV: Big Brother US 18 Pt. 3 & Big Brother Over the Top

void

Jan 5, 2006
You guys are missing one of the best seasons of all time. Tons of awesome drama and most of the cast are hardcore gamers. So so good.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Except this season is heavily favouriting Jason, as well as production. 2 weeks in and the only thing that has matter has been America's nom.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't get behind a season where America is the jury

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm impressed with how quickly the hype for this disappeared :laugh:

Not just here, but social media as well.

Safe to say this was a complete failure

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Too much too soon for me. I need a break in between Big Brothers :laugh: The months between the Canadian and U.S. versions is enough of a breather for me to get excited about each one again.

Not to mention the hoops you have to jump through as a Canadian to even watch it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Too much too soon for me. I need a break in between Big Brothers :laugh: The months between the Canadian and U.S. versions is enough of a breather for me to get excited about each one again.

Not to mention the hoops you have to jump through as a Canadian to even watch it.

Yeah. Canada BB really did pick the perfect time frame to go to air.

This, just makes no sense to do TBH. I'm pretty sure people got over the extreme over the top personalities pretty quickly.

People have been calling for more strategic players, but they went in the complete wrong direction with it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Theres a few gems in this cast. I'll only be watching the weekly episodes for this season though.

I honestly wonder if theyre going to make a profit off of this season. Where are they getting their revenue from? I doubt a $5 a month fee is going to cover all of it.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Yeah. Canada BB really did pick the perfect time frame to go to air.

This, just makes no sense to do TBH. I'm pretty sure people got over the extreme over the top personalities pretty quickly.

People have been calling for more strategic players, but they went in the complete wrong direction with it.

There aren't many (if any at all) "extreme over the top personalities" this season. Most of the cast are actually hardcore gamers. America has way too much power, though. I'm sure they'll be taking that down a notch next season.

Theres a few gems in this cast. I'll only be watching the weekly episodes for this season though.

I honestly wonder if theyre going to make a profit off of this season. Where are they getting their revenue from? I doubt a $5 a month fee is going to cover all of it.

I'm sure they're making enough money. I mean, it's not as if they're actually spending much on it. The house is identical to last season and the comps have been pretty "budget" so far. There's also no jury, which cuts the cost a ton (no jury stipend and no jury house to rent).

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'm sure they're making enough money. I mean, it's not as if they're actually spending much on it. The house is identical to last season and the comps have been pretty "budget" so far. There's also no jury, which cuts the cost a ton (no jury stipend and no jury house to rent).

But theres still $250k price, plus all the staff required to run all the cameras etc. I'd love to see the numbers that they pull in but I doubt that would happen.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Victor and Paul were at West Edmonton Mall yesterday for photos and autographs. Victor looks a lot smaller then he did on TV, like thinner the Paul. My wife and I soooo wanted to start heckling Paul from the second floor but we had dinner reservations to make.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So 3/4 people that went home were American's nom. I know its a different format and all, but America has way to much power this season. Its essentially a popularity contest.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
So 3/4 people that went home were American's nom. I know its a different format and all, but America has way to much power this season. Its essentially a popularity contest.

If you remember the first season of Big Brother in 2000, the audience voted who to evict, it was a popularity contest, I think BB UK still does it this way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Biggest reason I haven't been watching. Although I've seen some buzz surrounding Scott. I hope they've figured out that to win, America has to like them the best.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Haaaaaaaa

[spoil]Jason lost! I liked him at first but he ended up being the biggest piece of **** ever. Rotten person. Good riddance![/spoil]

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
[spoil]interesting how returning popular houseguests are often disliked the second time around

just goes to show how much sympathy they get when they get ganged up on within the house[/spoil]

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't he always a piece of ****?

He talked a lot before, but like people started to do with Frank this year, they just took a pass on it because they disliked other people more, and he was rolling with players people liked.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Friendship should have won. Nicole is probably one of the most dull people ever. She's cute but I wouldn't be able to handle her annoying ass voice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad