TV: Big Brother US 18 Pt. 3 & Big Brother Over the Top

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
While I was rooting for Paul I don't see Nicole as an undeserving winner, she played a hell of a game too. Paul definitely should have taken James though, he screwed up. Bad.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I used to love Nicole but Paul deserved to win. Although he took Nicole so maybe he deserved to lose. I get his standpoint of wanting the better player to get runner up money but hey dude, worry about yourself only, the rest of them would have. He was so good early on at cutting his losses and focusing on himself but got caught up in it at the end...

Should have taken James :cry:

void

Jan 5, 2006
Paul brought Nicole to the end because he thought James played such a terrible game that he didn't even deserve $50k. He was also convinced that he was going to beat both of them anyway.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Did anyone else hear Nicole asking whoever it was (probably mom) if she was portrayed as a villain? She was like "I was, wasn't I?" :laugh: All the "fan favourite" returnees ended up looking like villains by the end. That's why I'm always in favour of new HGs. The flair and bond you form to players on their season never translates to a comeback.

Nicole made one good point though about everyone already knew her strategy from her first season. Most people come back with a different strategy but Nicole played largely the same. The reason most of you think she was so catty is because these HGs were more catty like that so she could express that part of herself. 16 had a different environment of people. It was way more "bro" (Hayden, Caleb, Devin, Cody, even Derrick to an extent).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So I guess this ends the theory that Derrick didn't play against anyone

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I used to love Nicole but Paul deserved to win. Although he took Nicole so maybe he deserved to lose. I get his standpoint of wanting the better player to get runner up money but hey dude, worry about yourself only, the rest of them would have. He was so good early on at cutting his losses and focusing on himself but got caught up in it at the end...

Should have taken James :cry:

100% agree. I dropped a few F bombs over that. I was rooting for James as I picked him in a pool. Watching the whole season though I found Paul more engaged and in the mix all the time. He played the game from start to finish. Nicole made some moves late in the game and coordinated herself well in alliances. I tend to root for the person who has the hardest struggle to get to the end and the last few weeks it really blew me away the road Paul took to get to the end. He played a better game in my opinion over Nicole. but I guess Nicole was a better liked personality....quite telling when the first thing she says when she hit the stage was “how did I win?â€, kind of shows that her as a fan saw Paul playing a better game.

am I bitter? a bit lol. Maybe disappointed with the outcome...heck I was not even a big Paul fan but this outcome :shakehead

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
How soon will Natalie get a restraining order against James?:laugh: I'm glad that Victor got AFP and not her.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-janelle-pierzina-929768

They asked 9 former houseguests who they would have voted for and it was 8-1 for Paul.

So I guess this means that for every season from now on they are going to give us nauseating updates on Nicole and Corey like they do with the Jordan/Jeff and Brendan/Rachel?:shakehead

For as dumb as it was for Paul not to take James his clothing business should really take off now with all the publicity he got.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
How soon will Natalie get a restraining order against James?:laugh: I'm glad that Victor got AFP and not her.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-janelle-pierzina-929768

They asked 9 former houseguests who they would have voted for and it was 8-1 for Paul.

So I guess this means that for every season from now on they are going to give us nauseating updates on Nicole and Corey like they do with the Jordan/Jeff and Brendan/Rachel?:shakehead

For as dumb as it was for Paul not to take James his clothing business should really take off now with all the publicity he got.

:laugh:

that was too good

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
So I guess this ends the theory that Derrick didn't play against anyone

Just because Nicole won doesn't make her play in season 16 any better. Derrick played a phenomenal game and I think that contributed to his competition looking mediocre.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
100% agree. I dropped a few F bombs over that. I was rooting for James as I picked him in a pool. Watching the whole season though I found Paul more engaged and in the mix all the time. He played the game from start to finish. Nicole made some moves late in the game and coordinated herself well in alliances. I tend to root for the person who has the hardest struggle to get to the end and the last few weeks it really blew me away the road Paul took to get to the end. He played a better game in my opinion over Nicole. but I guess Nicole was a better liked personality....quite telling when the first thing she says when she hit the stage was “how did I win?â€, kind of shows that her as a fan saw Paul playing a better game.

am I bitter? a bit lol. Maybe disappointed with the outcome...heck I was not even a big Paul fan but this outcome :shakehead

I was right there with everyone hating Paul in week 1 but mostly because of Jozea. Once Jozea was gone I was like okay I can give Paul and Victor a new shot and then once I saw Paul cut his losses with Victor's first eviction I was like wow this guy is actually playing the game and not getting too stubbornly sided with his "alliance" to go down with them. Became a fan at that point (and I like Vic too).

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
While I was rooting for Paul I don't see Nicole as an undeserving winner, she played a hell of a game too. Paul definitely should have taken James though, he screwed up. Bad.

I think he took Nicole because he thought she was more hated by the jury than James, all the girls in the jury appeared to hate Nicole, but in the end they voted for her to win. Paul was probably the more deserving, but how often does the deserving player win?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Yeah, Paul is probably going to make more money out of this now. Like... a lot.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Did anyone else hear Nicole asking whoever it was (probably mom) if she was portrayed as a villain?

I thought she was asking her mom if she was portrayed as a brat. I laughed when she was saying "how did i win??" lol.

Paul had the game and probably should have won it but how can you not take James to the final. Nicole had a case, James had nothing.. That one last move cost him $450000.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I thought she was asking her mom if she was portrayed as a brat. I laughed when she was saying "how did i win??" lol.

Paul had the game and probably should have won it but how can you not take James to the final. Nicole had a case, James had nothing.. That one last move cost him $450000.

Paul is kind of an ass hole and he admitted as much many times. He said in his post game interview that he didn't like any of them except Victor and Glenn. I think he assumed against James (someone people like) he'd have no chance because the jury would be bitter against him because they mutually disliked each other, so he figured he'd take a chance against someone he knew people didn't like.

That or he really meant it when he said James didn't deserve to be there. Paul is already from a loaded family afaik, the money probably wasn't his main motivator.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I said earlier Paul played better then Derrick and I think I disagree with that now thinking back. I still think Derrick would be toast against semi competent players, but it's unfair to judge since you can only work with what you have.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Paul is not a terrible player by any means, and he certainly got better as the game went a long. And I know that almost every season, fans overate one player, but come on. Paul is nowhere near as good as some make him out to be. Not even close. TOP 3 all time!? :laugh: He's nowhere near top 15, actually.

To be clear, that doesn't mean that he didn't play a good game. He obviously did. And he played well enough to beat Nicole. The problem is, Nicole also played well enough to beat Paul. Clearly. This season is one of the rare seasons in BB when either of the last two were deserving of the win.

Which leads to me this point: Paul's decision to take Nicole to the final two confirmed my assessment of him: he's just not that bright.

Look, as I said, Paul played well this season. But not that well. Paul may have strategized--he may have thought things out a lot this season. And I appreciate that a lot. But that by itself doesn't make you a great player. All the thinking and strategies in the world means nothing if you're still too trusting and emotional in this game.

And that's what ultimately cost him the 500 K, he threw out reason for emotionalism. Paul knew that Nicole was a better player than James. Heck, he talked about how useless James was. And YET, he voted him out because James was untrustworthy...when it didn't matter anymore?

It's interesting, I understand that as Paul be genuinely frustrated by being constantly backstabbed throughout the season. Trustworthiness is obviously very important to him, and I think that's why he got rid of James. The problem with that is, it wasn't solid strategically, it was a decision based on emotions, not reason. And to be frank, such a terrible move like that highlights one of Paul's weaknesses, a glaring weakness that makes him nowhere near as good as some make him out to be. That was truly one of the worst final three decisions of all time.

By the way, I was not particularly rooting for Nicole. I find her annoying. But I respected her gameplay this season. It was very impressive. And I cannot stand Dayvonne, but I respected her vote. She doesn't like Nicole, but she chose not to be bitter.

Honestly, Paul's decision to take Nicole was so bad that it only strengthens the idea that Nicole deserved to win it over him. I can't imagine Nicole voting out James in favour of Paul. No way.

Devastating move by Paul. I genuinely feel bad for the guy, though. He left everything in that house. One of the hardest working players in BB history, just not near one of the best.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I imagine he thought he beats either , but he def smokes James as he is just horrible at the game. I thought Nicole would get maybe 3 votes, but never thought she would win.

And as mentioned in last thread, camera cutting to James after Vic won was fantastic !

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Im still pretty pissed off about this. Nicole easily deserved it more than James but no way in hell did she deserve it more than Paul. No way in hell. Nicole goes into the least deserving winner group with the likes of Jordan and Rachel. Paul goes into the best player to never win canoe with Vanessa and Danielle Reyes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just because Nicole won doesn't make her play in season 16 any better. Derrick played a phenomenal game and I think that contributed to his competition looking mediocre.

Nicole's problem the first time around was getting hung up with the teenage child. This time she didn't get hung up on the airhead she wanted to sleep with

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/22/big-brother-18-paul-abrahamian-ew-morning-live-podcast

On how he felt the jury math would go before the final vote:
“I honestly thought I could beat both of them by either a 7-2 or 6-3 vote. But seeing as how it ended with Nicole — especially with the enemies she had in the house — I knew James created less enemies in the house and Nicole had a little bit more heat on her, so I thought it would be my best move to take her. But clearly seeing how that turned out, I think it would have been the same way with James. I think there was just a slight distaste for how crazy I was.”

On whose vote surprised him the most:
“I was really shocked by Da’Vonne’s vote. I didn’t really understand why she did that. I know she didn’t necessarily like Nicole throughout the game and even though she went out on my HOH, it was discussed that it was what the entire house wanted.”

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Nicole played a great 2nd half. Paul played a great game through its entirety. Plus you could easily argue Paul had a better 2nd half then Nicole's 2nd half. Paul deserves to come back. Should have won. Annoys me.

I remember a month ago when people thought Nicole and Corey were complete non-players that did nothing but sex each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad