TV: Big Brother Canada

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Can't say I'm too disappointed. The season was a shitshow and didn't even feel like Big Brother.

I do feel bad for the houseguests, though. This was their shot, they won't get to play Big Brother again.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
They said they're still doing an episode tomorrow and then a final episode next Wednesday. They've got time to do a whole pile of HOHs and evictions between now and next Wednesday, we could still get a winner. Come on. LOL

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What about production and their whole house set up/decorating/theme. They put a lot into it. Maybe they will re-use it in the future.

Shame

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
They said they're still doing an episode tomorrow and then a final episode next Wednesday. They've got time to do a whole pile of HOHs and evictions between now and next Wednesday, we could still get a winner. Come on. LOL
Everyone will already be out of the house by then, I would assume they're all leaving today.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That was expected a mile away. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Ontario declared a state of emergency and all non essential business had to close up shop. The list came out today and is a bit of a farce on what they consider essential(hint: basically everything), but there's no way Big Brother was ever going to make the cut and my guess is they were forced to shut down for that reason.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There are over 200 people on the production team for that show.

OF COURSE it was gonna get nixed.

I just wish Taran on the social media updates would understand Vanessa's strategy. She said it in her ET Canada pre-interview:

a) get in an alliance and then "develop a SIDE alliance" (which she did with Carol and Minh - both of whom did not believe she was with Kyle or Brooke - and by extension Sheldon - BECAUSE she badmouthed the K and B of her original KVBS alliance!!! Vanessa had no loyalty to the alliance, but knew it was strong and covered herself by developing another option. Heck, she even told us that she worried she was at the bottom of KVBS *bad for the end game*

b) "not be two faced, be QUADRUPLE faced". And indeed she lied to everyone. Yeah, at times they were risky lies, but the purpose was understandable: stay on both sides of two alliances without being the target of either. *Only the remaining members of the Evictors alliance foils her, and indeed Maddy and Ree were her targets.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

I just wish Taran on the social media updates would understand Vanessa's strategy. She said it in her ET Canada pre-interview:

a) get in an alliance and then "develop a SIDE alliance" (which she did with Carol and Minh - both of whom did not believe she was with Kyle or Brooke - and by extension Sheldon - BECAUSE she badmouthed the K and B of her original KVBS alliance!!! Vanessa had no loyalty to the alliance, but knew it was strong and covered herself by developing another option. Heck, she even told us that she worried she was at the bottom of KVBS *bad for the end game*

b) "not be two faced, be QUADRUPLE faced". And indeed she lied to everyone. Yeah, at times they were risky lies, but the purpose was understandable: stay on both sides of two alliances without being the target of either. *Only the remaining members of the Evictors alliance foils her, and indeed Maddy and Ree were her targets.

Didn’t know you were a fellow BB fan!

Add me to the group that isn’t surprised at all this got shut down. The writing was on the wall.

4 people out of the house and only 1 was evicted the old fashion way. Carol was about to be the 5th and she was essentially quitting. So this was yet another pointless week. What was played of the game so far was done so by an AWFUL cast for the most part.

Obviously sucks for the ones that actually came to play the game and are losing out on their chance. Real life takes priority though so it was the right call for all involved.

Reactions: VanIslander

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I feel bad for Sheldon, he was going to be the obvious winner, I wonder if anyone will get some money for this because I'm sure some of these contestants had to take vacation time or no pay for a month or more.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

You can just tell Vanessa is a horrible person though.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It's too bad that Big Brother is cancelled because of the no essential services ban, without sports and most of tv are just showing reruns there's nothing to watch on tv. I hope that Survivor isn't affected by this.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You can just tell Vanessa is a horrible person though.
Everybody in the house likes Vanessa.

She is agreeable, friendly, a down to earth hard working rural lobster fisher from PEI. Only moralizing types would baulk at her fearless lying, her determination to say whatever to diversift and assure her position in the game. What harm comes from it? She is not jealous, vindictive or mean spirited. She loves the game and the worst that will happen is sone would be sent home.

Please watch her Ika pre-game interview on ET Canada (google it) before judging her.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It's too bad that Big Brother is cancelled because of the no essential services ban, without sports and most of tv are just showing reruns there's nothing to watch on tv. I hope that Survivor isn't affected by this.
The current Survivor season was filmed last year.

Production for season 41 and 42 have already been delayed/postponed.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The current Survivor season was filmed last year.

Production for season 41 and 42 have already been delayed/postponed.
The finale is live and is scheduled for late May, but that may be delayed. How did they postpone season 41? did they go to the tribal council and say this season is over, "the covid 19 has spoken"?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The finale is live and is scheduled for late May, but that may be delayed. How did they postpone season 41? did they go to the tribal council and say this season is over, "the covid 19 has spoken"?
Yeah I have no idea what they will do about the finale. Its possible they might just completely down scale it with no cast/audience in the studio? Who knows.

And for season 41, they hadn't left for Fiji yet before they decided to postpone.

Update: Survivor Production Delayed Due To Coronavirus Fears

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wonder if they all just get to split the prize money or if they end up donating it to Covid relief.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The Wife and I made a little bet on who we think will win this year.
I picked Sheldon. Never underestimate a professional wrestler.
I never did mention who my wife selected. She picked Hira. At the time I didn't think that was the best pick, but he's proved otherwise. A lot better physically than I gave him credit for, as well as strong social game.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Everybody in the house likes Vanessa.

She is agreeable, friendly, a down to earth hard working rural lobster fisher from PEI. Only moralizing types would baulk at her fearless lying, her determination to say whatever to diversift and assure her position in the game. What harm comes from it? She is not jealous, vindictive or mean spirited. She loves the game and the worst that will happen is sone would be sent home.

Please watch her Ika pre-game interview on ET Canada (google it) before judging her.

It's her bullshit "I feel threatened and scared" anytime anyone confronts her on anything. In the times were in those are powerful words and she knows it, she feels too comfor table using them and I wouldn't be surprised if she does it often. I bet a lot of those lobster fisherman don't like her.

I'm also pretty sure I know some of her family (different part of the country but same last name and I know they had family in pei) and they're completely f***ing nuts.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It's her bullshit "I feel threatened and scared" anytime anyone confronts her on anything. In the times were in those are powerful words and she knows it, she feels too comfor table using them and I wouldn't be surprised if she does it often. I bet a lot of those lobster fisherman don't like her.

I'm also pretty sure I know some of her family (different part of the country but same last name and I know they had family in pei) and they're completely f***ing nuts.
Are you saying that Vanessa uses "I feel threatened, yada yada yada" to falsely accuse men of sexual harassment? I wonder if that's why Jamar and Kyle were removed because the management from Big Brother fell for her tactics.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So I watched last nights finale.
To me, once they announced early that the show was over, I kind of lost interest. There was a heck of a lot of crying. It almost reminded me of kids when they are leaving camp saying goodbye to each other.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I thought the episode was pretty good, actually last night. Didn't think I'd like it, but I like what they did. A complete ode to how they saw the season playing out. If you were paying attention to the order they left the house, you could see how production expected the rest of the season to play out.

1st out (12th place) - Carol
2nd/3rd/4th out (11th, 10th, 9th place) - The Evictors, JL, Reanne & Madeline
5th out (8th place) - Angie
6th out (7th place) - Hira
7th/8th out (6th & 5th place) - Chris and Suzanne
9th out (4th place) - Vanessa
10th out (3rd place) - Minh-Ly
11th/12th out (2nd & 1st place) - Sheldon and Brooke

So they vote out Carol this week as planned. The Evictors go next, probably led by Chris. They're done with Angie, so she goes next, then they get the Veto king, Hera out after that, probably in a back door. At this point, Minh-Ly has entrenched herself with Brooke and Sheldon while Chris and Suzanne became closer so Chris and Suzanne go next to solidify the final four. Minh-Ly wins the final four HOH, puts up Brooke and Sheldon, but Sheldon wins Veto and then votes out Vanessa. Brooke and Sheldon take each other to the end, Sheldon wins.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I thought the episode was pretty good, actually last night. Didn't think I'd like it, but I like what they did. A complete ode to how they saw the season playing out. If you were paying attention to the order they left the house, you could see how production expected the rest of the season to play out.

So they vote out Carol this week as planned. The Evictors go next, probably led by Chris. They're done with Angie, so she goes next, then they get the Veto king, Hera out after that, probably in a back door. At this point, Minh-Ly has entrenched herself with Brooke and Sheldon while Chris and Suzanne became closer so Chris and Suzanne go next to solidify the final four. Minh-Ly wins the final four HOH, puts up Brooke and Sheldon, but Sheldon wins Veto and then votes out Vanessa. Brooke and Sheldon take each other to the end, Sheldon wins.
I totally agree.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

That's quite the speculation.

Here I thought they were just pulling people from the house in order to catch planes. :punk:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It was pretty obvious they wanted Sheldon and Brooke to exit last, Carol first, and they wanted players to leave in groups they were closest with. Besides that I would say it probably had more to do with flights than a specific order. From what I've heard there were 2 sides to the house since Jamar, and Kyle left with Sheldon/Brooke in the middle, and the way the season played out depends entirely on who wins with Chris/Vanessa, and Hira being the initial targets. No way Angie would have left that soon, she was the perfect goat to bring to the end, and not a real target. Either she makes the end or she's someone who leaves when the real target wins the veto or a vote flip when she's a pawn. I would have been shocked to see both Chris and Vanessa be in the final 6 unless Hira and Evictors never won as they were their targets. Minh and Susanne were the interesting ones though. They were each others targets, but nobody else really cared to go after either(except maybe Sheldon going after Minh). I have no idea what their games would have went like.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought that Vanessa was horrible. Told my wife that if the season hadn't been cancelled, she was going home in the next three weeks, tops. Not a good liar and throws out the "I feel threatened" verbiage.

Just a horrible cast all around. Only ones I liked were Sheldon and Brooke, and I could absolutely see them running the house until the very end. What's unfortunate now is that they probably will never get to play Big Brother again and, if they do, the house guests will know exactly what they're about.

Oh, and **** Carol. Just wanted to get evicted so she could keep collecting the weekly stipend Big Brother pays out, and get her flight back home paid for. Ridiculous. Glad that Twitter just crushed her. If you can't be on the show mentally, don't ****ing audition for it. You took someone else's dream away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad