TV: Big Brother Canada

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The Wife and I made a little bet on who we think will win this year.
I picked Sheldon. Never underestimate a professional wrestler.
I like how he seems with his HOH to want to go after easy targets. That way he won't get blood on his hands. Stay under the radar Young Buck. He's playing a good game right now.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What a shit show. Omg

Kyle kicked off as well.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hooooly this season.

From what I’ve read, the second person was as much, or more deserving to be be booted then the second person. So it’s good they booted him as well or it would’ve looked real bad.

Craziest start to a Big Brother season..... perhaps ever

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
3 weeks, 4 people gone, only 1 of them voted out, and there was 1 other person they convinced not to self evict during the Chris HOH week. Had that happened and they didn’t vote we’d be 4/4 on people not voted out. It’s all just foreshadowing the season being cancelled by Coronavirus eventually. I think they’ll need a lot of luck to avoid that fate.

From what I read neither deserved to be booted, and there’s been speculation that they probably booted the 2nd person to appease the outrage from the fans after the booted the first person.

Last edited:
Reactions: irunthepeg

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
During the news about coronavirus last night, I can't believe that people are not voluntary quitting the show. Especially those that have children of Their Own. It's just a game, I would have been out so fast upon hearing the news.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Wow, I wonder what happened. Why is there even an HOH competition this week? Sheldon didn't get to use his, it doesn't make sense.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Vanessa saying she feels intimidated and threatened probably caused this. What a joke.
You're playing a game where manipulation and intimidation are important to gain power and ultimately win. If this is the reason why they were removed from the game then big brother should be embarrassed, also why is Sheldon's head of household not being used? He was ripped off.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
You're playing a game where manipulation and intimidation are important to gain power and ultimately win. If this is the reason why they were removed from the game then big brother should be embarrassed, also why is Sheldon's head of household not being used? He was ripped off.

I don't know for sure that this is the reason they were kicked off but there is a clip on youtube of the full house meeting and in that meeting Jamar is talking to Vanessa and she says that and then Kyle jumps in and they get into an argument and then they're both removed. I think it had an effect into the final decision.

As for Sheldon, that's common in Big Brother. If there is an eviction for some reason that doesn't involve game play they will typically cancel the HOH and allow him to compete in the next HOH. This is because Big Brother is on a timeline and if they lose a player unexpectedly then the timeline goes out of wack. Because they already lost 2 this week they really can't afford to lose another this week as their schedule is already messed up.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It's not a good season so far, too many of the house guests are either self evicting or getting kicked out by the show. Usually the Canadian version of this game is better than the USA, but not this year.

Reactions: Cold Cat

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Friend of mine is staff on the show this season. Apparently, more craziness to come. His words "the season that keeps on giving."

I can't believe the duds they've casted. If Carol wanting to leave is Covid-19 related, I completely get it. But I don't think it is. It's simply not being able to do it and self-evicting. Dumb. Hilariously bad casting. If I was Sheldon, I would have asked production to step in. Tell them, make Carol self-evict right now or the week goes on as planned. Then put who you want on the block. I would have never caved to her demands.

It was threats of violence that got both kicked out.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Friend of mine is staff on the show this season. Apparently, more craziness to come. His words "the season that keeps on giving."

I can't believe the duds they've casted. If Carol wanting to leave is Covid-19 related, I completely get it. But I don't think it is. It's simply not being able to do it and self-evicting. Dumb. Hilariously bad casting. If I was Sheldon, I would have asked production to step in. Tell them, make Carol self-evict right now or the week goes on as planned. Then put who you want on the block. I would have never caved to her demands.

Yeah, Sheldon has been ripped off, he's won two HOH in a row and it looks like both times he doesn't get to use it because of all these self evicting house guests.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Carol wanted to go during Chris's HOH and apparently it's rumoured they told her she'd never be a have not again and that helped convince her to stay as diet was a big part of the reason then.

They love twists, if someone wants to leave let them leave, continue with the week as planned, and then just add a stupid twist later. Whether that's a battle back, some random secret power than stops an eviction, or better yet cancel the double or triple eviction they likely have planned. If someone wants to leave they shouldn't be there. Keeping them there is just going to either drag them to the end because they're an easy goat, or burn a week like Carol is trying to get them to do.

Holding the house hostage to evicted her is stupid. Somehow that's supposed to make Carol feel better? Hey I didn't self evict I was voted out of the game after I forced my houseguests to do it under threat of self eviction after I already tried to self evict 2 weeks ago and got the extreme advantage of never having to eat slop again but that still wasn't enough. Yeah that's a great way to go out.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I would call Carol's Bluff and make her self evict.

Also I had a really good call with Sheldon winning the game. :clap:
Although I think he may be showing his cards a bit early. Sometimes I believe it's hard to hide the Competitive Edge that makes a person so great.

Reactions: hoglund

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Not a spoiler since it’s official.

In total this season: 2 people were kicked off the show, 1 person quit, another person wanted to quit, and only 1 person was actually evicted.

I feel bad for the people remaining. There were some good people remaining too, but overall this season was a tire fire.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This was expected I think. Me and my wife talked it during last episode that it was just a matter of time.

This season was a disaster from the start.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
This was a bad season so far, it's too bad that it's gone because without sports now there really is nothing to watch, I guess Survivor, what else?

Reactions: Canadian Game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad