TV: Big Brother Canada

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I'm surprised that there isn't already a thread for this or maybe I missed it. Anyways they had the preview show last night and it starts on Wednesday at 7 pm just before Survivor. Lately the Canadian version has been better than the American, I hope that it continues.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
800 people from the GTA. 1 from the atlantic provinces(and she seems annoying). Shocker

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
800 people from the GTA. 1 from the atlantic provinces(and she seems annoying). Shocker
Haven't watched since season 2, but it has always been like that. 80% of the cast is from the GTA, then 20% from the rest of Canada.

Met the girl from Sudbury who was in season 2 and after she told me about how much of an influence production has, I quit watching

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It looks like the cast is pretty evenly distributed, did you watch the preview last night?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It looks like the cast is pretty evenly distributed, did you watch the preview last night?

From around the country you mean?

6 GTA, 4 BC, 2 Alberta, 1 Montreal, 1 Ottawa, 1 Winnipeg, 1 PEI.

I know it's always like this(usually Alberta instead of BC), but 10 of 16 people being from the GTA and BC is not what I'd call evenly distributed.

Background wise they seem pretty diverse though.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
From around the country you mean?

6 GTA, 4 BC, 2 Alberta, 1 Montreal, 1 Ottawa, 1 Winnipeg, 1 PEI.

I know it's always like this(usually Alberta instead of BC), but 10 of 16 people being from the GTA and BC is not what I'd call evenly distributed.

Background wise they seem pretty diverse though.
Look again, there are 5 from the GTA 6 if you count Ottawa, which I wouldn't. Because of the population of Ontario it makes sense that 6 contestants are from Ontario.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Look again, there are 5 from the GTA 6 if you count Ottawa, which I wouldn't. Because of the population of Ontario it makes sense that 6 contestants are from Ontario.

6 are listed as Markham, Brampton, Ajax, Vaughan, and 2 from Toronto.

It's fine, I expect it, and it probably even makes the most sense just diversity wise. They probably get a better cast this way than forcing a couple more Prairie, Atlantic or Territory contestants. I just wouldn't describe 10 people from BC and the GTA as evenly distributed.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I hope the contestants are a little smarter than last season's. Dane and Adam were outstanding at comps, but The Pretty Boys overhyped dominance of running the house was mostly due to how weak the others were. Damien, Cory and Estefina seemed like nice people, but were unbelievably clueless about what was going on.

And I think Anthony was the only one last season from the GTA. They had 4 from Alberta and 3 from the Maritimes. I don't think there's a pro-Toronto bias.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I hope the contestants are a little smarter than last season's. Dane and Adam were outstanding at comps, but The Pretty Boys overhyped dominance of running the house was mostly due to how weak the others were. Damien, Cory and Estefina seemed like nice people, but were unbelievably clueless about what was going on.

And I think Anthony was the only one last season from the GTA. They had 4 from Alberta and 3 from the Maritimes. I don't think there's a pro-Toronto bias.

I'm not suggesting there's a bias, and there are certainly outliers. Season 1 and 2 had 3 Atlantic players too. Overall I feel like it's usually but not always a lot of Toronto, and often a fair chunk of Alberta too. Which make sense, and it's fine. It's just annoys me a bit.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The Wife and I made a little bet on who we think will win this year.
I picked Sheldon. Never underestimate a professional wrestler.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think that the women seem arrogant, there's probably going to be a women's alliance, but their arrogance may hurt them.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I am still learning the names of all the people and so far I don't know who I want to win, but I do know who I don't and that's Chris and Myn-ly, Chris is constantly flexing his muscles and too arrogant and Myn-ly is a bitch.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The Minh-Ly/whatever the hell his name is showmance shit is hilarious though.

Reactions: Cold Cat

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The Minh-Ly/whatever the hell his name is showmance shit is hilarious though.
I can't remember his name either, their showmance is funny because they do like each other, but are trying to hide it from the rest of the house.

Reactions: TP

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I've haven't got around to watching any of the current season yet, but are they still proceeding with it as normal despite what's going on in the world?
I guess it's possible considering that they're isolated from society anyways. I'm just surprised considering that everything else has stopped.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I've haven't got around to watching any of the current season yet, but are they still proceeding with it as normal despite what's going on in the world?
I guess it's possible considering that they're isolated from society anyways. I'm just surprised considering that everything else has stopped.

Up until Sunday's episode yes, and I haven't heard any different since. They're obviously isolated but the crew is still not and are handling everything that goes into the house as well as all the competition sets. It's harder to transmit on surfaces rather that direct contact which would help I guess, but pending how out of hand this gets I wouldn't be shocked if a houseguest got it eventually and the moment 1 of them does they'd have to shut down.

I'm more curious in how much they've told them. You'd think they'd have to let them know to use more precautions in hygiene just in case, but there was no crowd last Thursday for the eviction and they didn't seem to know why on the feeds so I've heard. They would have known before going into sequester about the outbreak in China but if they haven't told them anything it's going to be surreal for each houseguest that comes out to the current situation since it wouldn't have been mid to late February when they went into sequester initially.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
[MOD]
Just saw that Jamar was kicked off the show.

He was doing a hand gesture towards Kyle, it offended him.
Plus he was getting all up in Vanessa's Grill.

He gone.[/spoilers]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad