TV: Big Brother 22 - ALLSTARS

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It is live*, but I feel like the show is legit made for a pandemic. The concept of the show is to quarantine people in a house together with no interaction from the outside world. If you also quarantine the contestants for 2 weeks before it starts (which they typically do anyway) and give them tests periodically and right before they enter to ensure they don't have Covid, then you're good to go.

At that point you're just sanitizing anything you're giving them like food or set pieces/props for the challenges.

*Unless you're referring to the eviction night episodes. Those typically have a live audience, but they won't this year.
What about there's a showmance or close contact? I want to see Big brother, but don't you think that someone or many will test positive after a week or two?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There’s some kind of beef going on with Nicole (the blonde one) vs. Derrick and Dan but no one can tell if it’s real or not.

A few days ago, Dick posted what he was told was the real cast but doesn’t know that for sure.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
What about there's a showmance or close contact? I want to see Big brother, but don't you think that someone or many will test positive after a week or two?

If they can ensure via testing and quarantine (think the NBA and NHL procedures to enter the Bubbles) that no contestant has it before entering the house, I think they are in the clear. If one of them does it have and they enter the house, they are definitely all getting it.

The NBA has actually successfully pulled this off so far and they have way more people in their Bubble and they have the ability to go to way more places than the house guests would have.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It is live*, but I feel like the show is legit made for a pandemic. The concept of the show is to quarantine people in a house together with no interaction from the outside world. If you also quarantine the contestants for 2 weeks before it starts (which they typically do anyway) and give them tests periodically and right before they enter to ensure they don't have Covid, then you're good to go.

At that point you're just sanitizing anything you're giving them like food or set pieces/props for the challenges.

*Unless you're referring to the eviction night episodes. Those typically have a live audience, but they won't this year.

If it was only the contestants you had to care about then yes it's fine. The crew is the bigger concern, it's the reason BBCAN was cancelled halfway through when this all started.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
If they can ensure via testing and quarantine (think the NBA and NHL procedures to enter the Bubbles) that no contestant has it before entering the house, I think they are in the clear. If one of them does it have and they enter the house, they are definitely all getting it.

The NBA has actually successfully pulled this off so far and they have way more people in their Bubble and they have the ability to go to way more places than the house guests would have.
Well remember Big brother Canada was cancelled in mid March and none of the contestants had the virus because they were confined to the house for over a month, why did they cancel?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well remember Big brother Canada was cancelled in mid March and none of the contestants had the virus because they were confined to the house for over a month, why did they cancel?

The problem wasn't the players, it was the production.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Sooo hyped for this season. A small comfort within all of the craziness of the current world status.

One of the best parts of the "pre-season" is when former BB players come out to try to revive any relevance that they had. Rockstar and Brett have still been going at it two years later.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I guess it will kind of replace Survivor because it will probably end in mid November, the problem is it's starting during the hockey tournament.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
lol, So Christmas Abbott's team sent out a mass email to everyone on her website's mailing list, confirming her for this season, and now people are spamming it to CBS and the producer's hoping it will get her kicked off XD

They had to send out a second mass email telling people not to share it or anything cause it could get her removed lol.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
lol, So Christmas Abbott's team sent out a mass email to everyone on her website's mailing list, confirming her for this season, and now people are spamming it to CBS and the producer's hoping it will get her kicked off XD

They had to send out a second mass email telling people not to share it or anything cause it could get her removed lol.
Wooomppp wompppppppp.

Man, I'm really sick of the wayyyy over-hyping of this situation though. Most dedicated BB fans are already pretty excited, but the level of extreme teasing has been so excessive IMO.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've been wanting all-stars for a while.

I actually really like the speculated cast. The early speculation of Derrick and Dan involved got people excited, but I never really believed it, as cool as it would've been.

I think there's fan favorites who went out early, a couple winners, a handful of AFP, a bunch of people who came close to winning (top 5).

Honestly, the only person I dislike is Christmas, but to be fair, she is going to be able to play an entirely different game. Assuming she doesn't break her leg again lol. But she doesn't have the Josh and Paul in there to follow. The rest of the cast won't be idiots.

I think Christmas will either be one of the first two gone, or she's going to impress people and go far.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

I actually really like the speculated cast. The early speculation of Derrick and Dan involved got people excited, but I never really believed it, as cool as it would've been.

I think there's fan favorites who went out early, a couple winners, a handful of AFP, a bunch of people who came close to winning (top 5).

Honestly, the only person I dislike is Christmas, but to be fair, she is going to be able to play an entirely different game. Assuming she doesn't break her leg again lol. But she doesn't have the Josh and Paul in there to follow. The rest of the cast won't be idiots.

I think Christmas will either be one of the first two gone, or she's going to impress people and go far.
Would have absolutely LOVED to see Dan come back, but as you said, I never really believed he was an option.

I don't understand what Bayleigh really did to deserve to come back, aside from having a showmance with one of the most annoying Houseguests ever. She only won one single comp (which was way more luck-based than skill), played a horrible strategic game, she blew up her own HoH reign, she had a power app that she didn't use (and told everyone she had).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

If Christmas had never broken her leg in BB19 do you think they would ask her back and see how she can be at 100%, instead of seeing things like Paul fixing the HoH competition so she could win it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If Christmas had never broken her leg in BB19 do you think they would ask her back and see how she can be at 100%, instead of seeing things like Paul fixing the HoH competition so she could win it.

Who knows what she does with an unbroken leg.

Maybe she’s a comp beast. Maybe she’s doesn’t rely on Josh/Paul as much and maybe she ends up being the one to get one or both out.

Whether we like the way she did it or not, she came third place with a broken leg. That’s never been done on a reality show, and probably never will again. It’s important.

I don’t consider her an all-star. I do find her a little bit intriguing. Just like David. Their stories are interesting enough to warrant a second go round.

The biggest issue with Christmas is she was recently arrested for things that you wouldn’t think CBS would want to associate with, so that’s the most surprising part about it.

Im actually far more for Christmas being on the show, knowing Paul, Josh and Kaycee were dropped late for whatever reason.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Who knows what she does with an unbroken leg.

Maybe she’s a comp beast. Maybe she’s doesn’t rely on Josh/Paul as much and maybe she ends up being the one to get one or both out.

Whether we like the way she did it or not, she came third place with a broken leg. That’s never been done on a reality show, and probably never will again. It’s important.

I don’t consider her an all-star. I do find her a little bit intriguing. Just like David. Their stories are interesting enough to warrant a second go round.

The biggest issue with Christmas is she was recently arrested for things that you wouldn’t think CBS would want to associate with, so that’s the most surprising part about it.

Im actually far more for Christmas being on the show, knowing Paul, Josh and Kaycee were dropped late for whatever reason.
One thing for sure is that Cody was right that Christmas should have been the first one voted out when she was on the block in week 1, even though Cody tried to nominate Paul and could not since he had that Pendant of Protection.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Wow this is pretty nuts beginning to the season already!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The list Dick posted a ways back looking good so far, no one other than me thought Kevin was someone people thought should come back

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad