Newsday: "Big" Announcement on Stadium Series at Midnight **Jersey Unveiled**

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
The jerseys I saw at Mos were not tackle twill...they were not two colors layered on top of each other, they were sublimated, 2 colors screen printed on twill, then has a strange stitch that goes through it. They r the same jersey from NHL.com and didn't have a stadium series patch. If you bought a Tavares Jersey from the team store, u will get the same jersey, but with the SS patch. If you got any other player you got tackle twill. All other players had to be custom made by the Islanders lettering guy...Reebok pre made all Tavares jerseys

Wonder why none of the premade ones do not have the SS patch. Seems stupid to me. Luckily I found the patch on Amazon. Really sucks for those of us out of towners.

Thanks for the pics.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
jljm.jpg

If you look carefully you will notice the C is in tackle twill, the rest of the letters and numbers are screen printed on twill....the jerseys from reebok now have all names and numbers sewn in and not heat pressed...but they are not tackle twill..this by the way is a jersey from the team store...so all jerseys from Mos and Nhl.com r the same...Tavares jerseys from the teams store are the same, but the Tavares team store Jersey has a tackle twill C and a SS patch sewn on....All other players from the team store are tackle twill and custom made to order by the Islanders team guy

Nice pics! Thanks!!

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Wonder why none of the premade ones do not have the SS patch. Seems stupid to me. Luckily I found the patch on Amazon. Really sucks for those of us out of towners.

Thanks for the pics.

It was done so they could have the exclusive pre orders for the teams...same patch that you bought. It was just a way for the teams to make some extra money.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Wait so maybe I'm confused.. The jersey does or doesn't come with the Stadium Series patch?

On the link to the NHL store posted earlier the JT jersey doesn't have it in the pics.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Wait so maybe I'm confused.. The jersey does or doesn't come with the Stadium Series patch?

On the link to the NHL store posted earlier the JT jersey doesn't have it in the pics.

The only jersey that has the SS patch is the one from the team store at the barn

MaryChristine*

I didn't read the last few pages. i stole this from IslanderMania. I like the way the current jersey is, but i like the orange trim version much more. I'm all in favor of this being a Brooklyn alt. throw a Brooklyn bridge shoulder patch on there or something.

64T9ZnB.jpg

The orange is hot

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio

Apparently any of the premade jersey's from any of the sporting goods stores or shop.nhl.com does NOT come with the patch. Apparently not an Islanders thing either, doesn't look like any teams premade jerseys come with it.

I am supposed to get mine tomorrow. If it doesn't have it on it I will order the patch off Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/2014-Stadium-...9013180&sr=8-3&keywords=stadium+series+jersey

Team Houda

May 22, 2012
$150 plus $90 for lettering is what the team store told me. Plus it was a wait list.

Mo's had it too, but said all lettering and numbering was tackle twill instead of heat-pressed twill from the nhl shop.

When I get it I'll post a photo here. Anyone else with photos of actual jerseys?

So wait... The Tavares jersey I ordered from the team store as an "exclusive" for $240 is the same exact thing Mo's is now selling for $180, sans SS patch? So I paid $60 extra for a patch? Gotta love the Isles, really taking care of their loyal fan base, as per usual.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I bought a blank from the Isles for the $150, and sent it to the stitches guy to get Cizikas on the back. He is only charging $60 compared to the Isles' price of $90.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

If you look carefully you will notice the C is in tackle twill, the rest of the letters and numbers are screen printed on twill....the jerseys from reebok now have all names and numbers sewn in and not heat pressed...but they are not tackle twill..this by the way is a jersey from the team store...so all jerseys from Mos and Nhl.com r the same...Tavares jerseys from the teams store are the same, but the Tavares team store Jersey has a tackle twill C and a SS patch sewn on....All other players from the team store are tackle twill and custom made to order by the Islanders team guy

I have noticed two things related to the jerseys so far:

1 - The jersey at the NHL store in NYC appears (key word) to be more lighter royal blue than the NYI team store, which appears more navy royal blue.

2 - The nameplate at the NYI team store for Tavares appears to run into the shoulders, whereas the nameplate at the NHL team store keeps the spacing. http://shop.nhl.com/New_York_Island...dium_Series_Men’s_Premier_Jersey_-_Royal_Blue

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
I have noticed two things related to the jerseys so far:

1 - The jersey at the NHL store in NYC appears (key word) to be more lighter royal blue than the NYI team store, which appears more navy royal blue.

2 - The nameplate at the NYI team store for Tavares appears to run into the shoulders, whereas the nameplate at the NHL team store keeps the spacing. http://shop.nhl.com/New_York_Island...dium_Series_Men’s_Premier_Jersey_-_Royal_Blue

I'm pretty sure that it's just the photo...the SS jersey is the same blue as our current home jersey. As far as the name plate. The name plates are all the same size, but the jerseys are not. The jersey in the stock photo is a large, my jersey is a medium.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that it's just the photo...the SS jersey is the same blue as our current home jersey. As far as the name plate. The name plates are all the same size, but the jerseys are not. The jersey in the stock photo is a large, my jersey is a medium.

Good point on the second one, however, seeing both in person, it appears the SS jersey at the NHL store is lighter than those I saw at the coliseum.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Good point on the second one, however, seeing both in person, it appears the SS jersey at the NHL store is lighter than those I saw at the coliseum.

Interesting....I have not been to the nhl store since they got the isles SS jerseys in. I live downtown, but I'm going to the game tonight on the island. Maybe I'll leave a little early and stop by the NHL store on the way out.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
I'm not sure if the question has been answered already, but does anybody know if the Isles are shooting toward the 1st base or 3rd base side twice?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So wait... The Tavares jersey I ordered from the team store as an "exclusive" for $240 is the same exact thing Mo's is now selling for $180, sans SS patch? So I paid $60 extra for a patch? Gotta love the Isles, really taking care of their loyal fan base, as per usual.

Every team did the same thing. It's dumb, but not exclusively dumb.

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
It was done so they could have the exclusive pre orders for the teams...same patch that you bought. It was just a way for the teams to make some extra money.

Got mine today. Looks nice. As expected, the SS patch is missing, so I ordered one of amazon.

Strangest thing is the jersey is missing the "C" in the front. Was surprised at that since it was in all the photos.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
http://islanderspointblank.com/

Isles to Wear Stadium Series Jersey for Some Home Games

According to Botta, NHL teams have asked for permission to wear them.

How quickly the league used to make a stink about jersey changes midseason, we now have a situation with the $tadium $eries jerseys being able to be worn later in the season. Of course, the NHL is going to approve this. It accommodates the NHLPA and NHL to make up for lost revenue from the lockout.

Genius idea.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Got mine today. Looks nice. As expected, the SS patch is missing, so I ordered one of amazon.

Strangest thing is the jersey is missing the "C" in the front. Was surprised at that since it was in all the photos.

So, the photos included the jersey of the Captain with the C on it, yet you did NOT get what you was represented and paid for? Hmmm...sounds like that's an issue and you may want to make them aware of that.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
http://islanderspointblank.com/

Isles to Wear Stadium Series Jersey for Some Home Games

According to Botta, NHL teams have asked for permission to wear them.

How quickly the league used to make a stink about jersey changes midseason, we now have a situation with the $tadium $eries jerseys being able to be worn later in the season. Of course, the NHL is going to approve this. It accommodates the NHLPA and NHL to make up for lost revenue from the lockout.

Genius idea.

Yeah...I don't know if you saw...a couple of pages back I posted about this.
I actually heard from someone at the team store at the barn. They have at least 2 or 3 dates this season that they will be using them instead of the Black Deaths

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
So, the photos included the jersey of the Captain with the C on it, yet you did NOT get what you was represented and paid for? Hmmm...sounds like that's an issue and you may want to make them aware of that.

Well, the photos show the C, but the C is not part of the description. I filled out a survey and said that the photo showed the C whilst the product did not have it. See what happens.

The number are the screen printed tackle twill, just like it says on both Mo's and NHL.com. But the number are tackle twilled on (from Mo's), rather than just heat-pressed (NHL.com). So I am glad I got the one from Mo's.

I also received the SS patch from Amazon. Once it is on I can post photos.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Well, the photos show the C, but the C is not part of the description. I filled out a survey and said that the photo showed the C whilst the product did not have it. See what happens.

The number are the screen printed tackle twill, just like it says on both Mo's and NHL.com. But the number are tackle twilled on (from Mo's), rather than just heat-pressed (NHL.com). So I am glad I got the one from Mo's.

A buddy of mine got the jersey from NHL.com....No C either....screen printed twill....not layered tackle twill and it was stitched...not heat pressed....so it seems to be the same jersey as MOs...

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

Nobody is going to respond to the survey. You will need to contact them directly and make them aware of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad