Newsday: "Big" Announcement on Stadium Series at Midnight **Jersey Unveiled**

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I didn't read the last few pages. i stole this from IslanderMania. I like the way the current jersey is, but i like the orange trim version much more. I'm all in favor of this being a Brooklyn alt. throw a Brooklyn bridge shoulder patch on there or something.

64T9ZnB.jpg

Last edited:

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
We were lied to? By who? Just because we're wearing the stadium jersey another time or two doesn't mean that the Islanders designed the jerseys. If you have evidence to the contrary please present it.

You're the most negative person on these boards. Wearing the SS jersey means less of the Black Death. That's a win in everyones book.

The team was consulted. Been printed and said over and over. What else do you need to see?

Not negative at all. Just been around long enough to know when I am being screwed.

Better than the black death? Perhaps, but not by much.

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Not sure if anyone is still looking for SS jerseys. But the team store has a wait list now. Shop.nhl.com has it for $180, but only a Tavares jersey and the letters and numbers are "screen printed twill". Only have large size left.

Modells.com has the Tavares as well, but the letters are numbers are tackle twill for the same price. So that is a better value.

I ordered mine from nhl.com, then cancelled and ordered from Modells for the better lettering. If you do a google search, you can find a coupon for 10% off too.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Not sure if anyone is still looking for SS jerseys. But the team store has a wait list now. Shop.nhl.com has it for $180, but only a Tavares jersey and the letters and numbers are "screen printed twill". Only have large size left.

Modells.com has the Tavares as well, but the letters are numbers are tackle twill for the same price. So that is a better value.

I ordered mine from nhl.com, then cancelled and ordered from Modells for the better lettering. If you do a google search, you can find a coupon for 10% off too.

I actually got my jersey yesterday from the team store....the Tavares Jersey from the barn is also screen printed twill name and numbers with tackle twill Captains C and the stadium series patch on the shoulder. So the team store Tavares Jersey is the nhl.com jersey, with an added C and SS patch. Every other player is done custom and is in tackle twill

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I actually got my jersey yesterday from the team store....the Tavares Jersey from the barn is also screen printed twill name and numbers with tackle twill Captains C and the stadium series patch on the shoulder. So the team store Tavares Jersey is the nhl.com jersey, with an added C and SS patch. Every other player is done custom and is in tackle twill

I live out of town. Had no choice but to find it online. Can't tell if either jersey from NHL or Modells has the SS patch. If it doesn't, I found the patch on Amazon.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

Thank God I ordered a custom Hamonic. Was going to get Cizikas but was worried he might eventually change his number.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Thank God I ordered a custom Hamonic. Was going to get Cizikas but was worried he might eventually change his number.

This was the move! You will be happy. They hired the guys that actually do the islanders players customization. I'm getting mine changed to KO...THE PRINCE!!! Lol

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
I live out of town. Had no choice but to find it online. Can't tell if either jersey from NHL or Modells has the SS patch. If it doesn't, I found the patch on Amazon.

It probably will not have the patch. It seems only the ones from the team store had them. But it's like a 60 dollar difference in price. If you can get it online do it

Last edited:

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
I keep getting this notification

image.jpg:
Exceeds your quota by 165.1 KB. Click here to view your attachments

But then there r no attachments the content is on my ipad...it just won't let me put them up. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I keep getting this notification

image.jpg:
Exceeds your quota by 165.1 KB. Click here to view your attachments

But then there r no attachments the content is on my ipad...it just won't let me put them up. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Go to imageshack. Upload the picture to there and you should get a code for forum friendly image. Paste that into the message. Should work.

I use it all the time.

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Isn't that actually cheaper than from the team? I thought it was like $240 for a name on the back?

$150 plus $90 for lettering is what the team store told me. Plus it was a wait list.

Mo's had it too, but said all lettering and numbering was tackle twill instead of heat-pressed twill from the nhl shop.

When I get it I'll post a photo here. Anyone else with photos of actual jerseys?

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
$150 plus $90 for lettering is what the team store told me. Plus it was a wait list.

Mo's had it too, but said all lettering and numbering was tackle twill instead of heat-pressed twill from the nhl shop.

When I get it I'll post a photo here. Anyone else with photos of actual jerseys?

The jerseys I saw at Mos were not tackle twill...they were not two colors layered on top of each other, they were sublimated, 2 colors screen printed on twill, then has a strange stitch that goes through it. They r the same jersey from NHL.com and didn't have a stadium series patch. If you bought a Tavares Jersey from the team store, u will get the same jersey, but with the SS patch. If you got any other player you got tackle twill. All other players had to be custom made by the Islanders lettering guy...Reebok pre made all Tavares jerseys

Last edited:

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan

If you look carefully you will notice the C is in tackle twill, the rest of the letters and numbers are screen printed on twill....the jerseys from reebok now have all names and numbers sewn in and not heat pressed...but they are not tackle twill..this by the way is a jersey from the team store...so all jerseys from Mos and Nhl.com r the same...Tavares jerseys from the teams store are the same, but the Tavares team store Jersey has a tackle twill C and a SS patch sewn on....All other players from the team store are tackle twill and custom made to order by the Islanders team guy

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad