Blue Jays Discussion: Beyond the Braves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The Jays should be proactive and treat this the same way they did the Escobar situation. Take the initiative, give him at least 3 games and have his forfeited salary matched by the team (and preferably an accompanying donation by Pillar himself) donated to LGBT causes.

There is no room whatsoever for what he said. Inexcusable.

I missed the game. What happened

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Seriously... take some advice from David Price... "if you don't like it, pitch better". Don't get angry, just laugh at him for celebrating when his team is down 4 and point to the scoreboard. There's no need to get personally offended over a ****ing batflip :laugh:

"Why you heff to be mad? Is only game!"

A Braves media guy has his panties in a knot. The mob will soon join him.

Time for the Jays to rally around being the dirtiest, classless, meanest guys to every play baseball, to rally and get into the playoffs.

Les go boys

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I missed the game. What happened

I cannot repeat what he said but he called Motte a certain word beginning with "f" and rhyming with "maggot" after Motte quick pitched him.

Yeah, tomorrow is going to be ugly. Teheran has thrown at guys before and Stroman does quick pitch quite a lot. If Pillar doesn't get suspended somehow, he's gonna be taking one to the numbers.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I cannot repeat what he said but he called Motte a certain word beginning with "f" and rhyming with "maggot" after Motte quick pitched him.

Yeah, tomorrow is going to be ugly. Teheran has thrown at guys before and Stroman does quick pitch quite a lot. If Pillar doesn't get suspended somehow, he's gonna be taking one to the numbers.

That's unfortunate. Hope the Jays make it right.

Also hope the Jays murder the abravee tomorrow. I will be racing home at 5PM to catch this game now.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Bautista is a troll. There was no need for that bat flip. At all. But I love how it riles up the opposition. Grown men playing a sport get upset over the smallest things.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Alford is up to 150 wRC+ after last night. Bo up to 197 wRC+. There is a real possibility that the Jays have three top twenty-five prospects, all position players, in the BBA top 100 to end the year.

Note on Bo: his wRC+ ranks him 4th among ALL qualified minor league hitters, and #1 among "age appropriate for their level" hitters. That's nuts. Mike Trout produced a 172 wRC+ in A-ball in his age 19 season. Harper, 164 wRC+ in A-ball in his age 19 season. It's crazy out here in these streets.

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

atlanta — major league baseball says it is looking into toronto outfielder kevin pillar's apparent use of a homophobic slur during a heated game between the blue jays and the atlanta braves on wednesday night.

Pillar struck out swinging to end the seventh inning and yelled toward jason motte, apparently upset that the right-hander threw a quick pitch for the out. Tv replays appear to show pillar using the slur.

"we have begun an investigation into the matter," mlb spokesman michael teevan said thursday in an email.

after the game, pillar told reporters he got caught up in the heat of the moment.

"it just stems from a little frustration in myself, just the way this series has been going," pillar said. "it was immature, stupid. It was uncalled for. It's part of the game. I'm a competitive guy."

the benches emptied after the incident but no punches were thrown. The braves have won three straight games against the jays with the final contest of the four-game home-and-home series set for thursday.

it wasn't immediately clear whether pillar would face disciplinary action from the team.

"the organization is taking the situation seriously and (general manager) ross (atkins) will be coming to atlanta today," blue jays spokesman jay stenhouse said in an email.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Alford is up to 150 wRC+ after last night. Bo up to 197 wRC+. There is a real possibility that the Jays have three top twenty-five prospects, all position players, in the BBA top 100 to end the year.

Note on Bo: his wRC+ ranks him 4th among ALL qualified minor league hitters, and #1 among "age appropriate for their level" hitters. That's nuts. Mike Trout produced a 172 wRC+ in A-ball in his age 19 season. Harper, 164 wRC+ in A-ball in his age 19 season. It's crazy out here in these streets.

Age appropriate is even an undersell - he's a good year young for his level.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
To be honest 11 year old Johnny probably didn't even catch what Pillar said let alone could read his lips. I'm not saying sweep it under the rug but calling for a lot of notice to it will probably do more harm than good for 11 year old Johnny

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To be honest 11 year old Johnny probably didn't even catch what Pillar said let alone could read his lips. I'm not saying sweep it under the rug but calling for a lot of notice to it will probably do more harm than good for 11 year old Johnny

I couldn't make out what he said either. I thought he said "you're funny".

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

If he said what we all think he said, it's less about "think of the children" and more of "think of the marginalized group of people" and that's the perspective the MLB would likely take. I'd be surprised if nothing happened.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Baseball America's 3'rd mock draft was just released http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/mock-mlb-draft-3-0-major-league-baseball-draft/#y01ZvvjZtoLXIZkG.97

Notes on the Mock:

Kyle Wright seems to be gaining steam as a possible #1 pick.

Jeren Kendall falls to 15'th in this mock, and there seems to be a decent chance that he could fall to the Jays with BA saying "But the rumors of Kendall’s fall keep growing; he could slip past this, with teams in the back of the first round bearing down on him down the stretch." With the Jays seemingly looking for college bats with the 22'nd pick, he would seem to be a fit.

Keston Hiera (12'th), Jake Burger (18'th) and Logan Warmoth (21'st), all players the Jays have been linked to, are gone in the mock before the Jays pick.

Blue Jays take Evan White with the 22'nd overall pick.

Blue Jays take Alex Lange, a player who was one of the contenders for the 1'st overall pick at the beginning of the year, at 28.

Personally I would be pretty excited if this is how the draft went, with White and Lange being who I would pick if I were the Jays.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If he said what we all think he said, it's less about "think of the children" and more of "think of the marginalized group of people" and that's the perspective the MLB would likely take. I'd be surprised if nothing happened.

yep.

zero tolerance applies here. has to be suspended.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Lol...Braves whining about a bat-flip. I love who people get so worked up about it.

As for Pillar, that's unfortunate. I thought he said another 'f' word instead of the slur.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Atkins is travelling to Atlanta today to talk to Pillar. Atkins is taking this very "seriously."

An unnamed Braves player said "we'll have a fight today" mostly in response the Freeman getting hit by a pitch and breaking his hand.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Kendall, in theory, could be a huge steal if a team identifies the hole in his swing and can correct it.

Red flags all over the place with him though. And he didn't help himself in the Cape.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
An unnamed Braves player said "we'll have a fight today" mostly in response the Freeman getting hit by a pitch and breaking his hand.

On a pitch that wasn't actually going to hit him until he started his swing.

Professional athletes are such a bunch of thoughtless meatheads sometimes. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad