Better Safe Than Soaring

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I could actually see Del Zotto being a tough sell if he doesn't pick it up. I think some GM's could view him as the same guy that was nearly out of the league two years ago if that doesn't happen.

Streit would probably get a pass due to his veteran status. That & sandpaper are usually the two keys that blind GM's at the deadline.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It cannot be understated how valuable depth on defense is to teams that are all in for the Cup.

I cant even figure out who are legit contenders this year yet though aside from Tampa and Pitt.

I think New York and Montreal are pretenders.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
It cannot be understated how valuable depth on defense is to teams that are all in for the Cup.

I cant even figure out who are legit contenders this year yet though aside from Tampa and Pitt.

The thing is Tampa is out of the playoffs in the standings right now! It is so close in the east this year.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Absolutely. Year after year, these GMs get desperate at the deadline, and desperation makes a great bedfellow for us.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bozak winning 57% of his faceoffs on the year. I know there is this idea that it is less important than we used to think, but it still matters and that is pretty damned good. He can be had for a reasonable price (I mean the pieces we would have to send - not sure about his salary). Just saying.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The thing is Tampa is out of the playoffs in the standings right now! It is so close in the east this year.

They were near the top before Stamkos' injury and he will return. They will get it together.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Roman Polak got 2 2nd rounders last year.....we can get 1 2nd rounder for each at a minimum. I expect a 2nd and 3rd-5th for each.

We have been waiting patiently on the young D to arrive and all indication points to Morin and Sanheim being right on target. Morin is better defensively than guys we are sending out now every night. So trading "vets" is no big deal when you are replacing them with better players.

This is our last deadline to be sellers. We have 3 UFA Dmen...take advantage and sell them off. Adding more picks to the 10 we already have next year gives us more bullets to fill holes before the ED. In a roundabout way, we could be trading Streit for a new 3rd line C.

Sell, sell, sell.

Oh....sell Belle and VDV too!

I completely agree but I am not sure Hextall does. I can see him moving one defenseman, probably Del Zotto. I think Hextall would be completely content leaving Morin and Sanheim in the AHL all year.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
The defenseman I would target is Alex Petrovic out of Florida. Not for Schenn but Florida can't protect him. He's a cheap middle pair righty.

Like that idea. Reason being we have a bunch of VERY talented D men who could play both side b/c of skating and IQ.

I am a fan of having lefties and righties but I think with the prospected talent we hope to infuse we can get away with it.

Laughton + for Petrovic ?

For our 3rd line Centre - where is Jan Bulis when you need him. He would be perfect! :)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Like that idea. Reason being we have a bunch of VERY talented D men who could play both side b/c of skating and IQ.

I am a fan of having lefties and righties but I think with the prospected talent we hope to infuse we can get away with it.

Laughton + for Petrovic ?

For our 3rd line Centre - where is Jan Bulis when you need him. He would be perfect! :)

I doubt Florida would have any interest in Petrovic. They just picked up Jared McCann in that Gudbranson trade and have a lot of depth on their wings. Hagg may be of interest to them though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad