3, 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, 8

Spezza:
2, 7, 9

Top 10 assist per game finishes:
Getzlaf:
1, 2, 2, 3, 5, 7, 7, 9, 9

Spezza:
2, 6, 6

This is Getzlaf and it’s not remotely close.

Yeah thanks for saving me time and posting exactly what I came in here to say

Looking at adjusted assists, Spezzas best season was one assist better than Getzlafs best season but Getzlaf has way more high finishes than Spezza. Its actually kinda outrageous that this poll is close

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getzlaf played most his whole career on west coast, prob doesn’t get nearly appreciated enough.

i guess spezza fits the mold of a play maker stylistically more than getzlaf who is prob seen as more of a power forward

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Spezza looked better doing it at times but Getzlaf was, and I suppose still is, better.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ainec really doesn't belong in this thread in either direction.

That being said though I'll confidently say Getzlaf. His playmaking ability is severely underrated by anyone who can conceive the thought "Spezza ainec"

In terms of pure playmaking, passing, pass selection/aim, difficulty of traffic on pass, Getzlaf was one of the best in the league at his peak. He just didn't have enough goals to get past the fact that he was playing in the Pacific time zone and have people really appreciate his ability.

Reactions: Kaner9

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Spezza is my favorite player as he plays a lot like me. I love the style. That being said. Getzlaf is a better playmaker. Not by much. But Spezza can dangle and has a better shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad