TV: Better Call Saul - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
He's almost certainly going to be full-blown Saul next season. Whether it's at the start, or by the middle, I don't know.

I can also see BCS going 6-7 seasons. BB did 62 episodes in 5 seasons, and if BCS continues with 10 episode seasons, it'll take till season 7 to reach that same number. They've got a lot more stories to tell.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
This must be my favorite show right now. I just love Odenkirk so everything else aside, that's a big reason. As mentioned, nearly every character is rock solid and that adds to it as well. The writing, feelings of the actual storyline aside, is great. I'm not really one to nitpick over the way a story is being told so there's a large amount of opinion left untold in that respect. I have no complaints, even the boring stuff doesn't bother me. I tend to like when shows are realistic in that sense, and not everything is fast-forwarded to the next major act.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm all for 6-7 seasons. I trust the creators to make all of them quality seasons and not let it overstay its welcome unlike many other shows on television if it means we continue to get fleshed out character development leading to full blown Saul Goodman.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I was just watching one of the last few Breaking Bad episodes, when Saul and Walt are in the basement of the vacuum shop (waiting for their new identities/passports/etc. to be made). Walt asks Saul what he's going to do now. Saul responds with "If I'm lucky, work as a manager at a Cinnabon in Omaha."

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Chuck and his storyline are boring. I guess you can say he enhanced Jimmy becoming Saul but he wasn't really needed because he was always cutting the corners. Though I could see the downfall of Kim having more impact because she seems to be the one person he cares about who tries to keep him somewhat in check. Maybe Chuck isn't as important to Jimmy's transition as we think. Its not like he ever respected him. Chuck pissed on him all the time.

I disagree. His storyline was a big part of the show that made it fun to watch.

It's sad how Chuck went down in flames literally and figuratively, but his "condition" and the things he did made my wife and me laugh and wonder what the hell he was doing countless times.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Chuck has always come off as a selfish arrogant *****. I am not surprised he said what he said to Jimmy. Jimmy probably deserved it tho. His condition definitely pushed him to the brink.
if he dies. he dies.:sarcasm:
I didnt think Nacho was going to shoot Hector. But I also didnt think he was going to let Hector kill his dad and he would of eventually. I definitely think Gus knows what Nacho did. But he will accept it obviously because he having someone like Nacho around is good for business.
Jimmy doing what he did at the end to Irene and the rest of the old folks at SandPiper was pretty savage. But so Jimmy.

I think what Jimmy did to the elderly patients was he opposite of savage. He sacrificed the settlement winnings so that lady could regain the trust and friendship of the other women. I doubt he was stupid enough to leave that microphone on by accident.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I think what Jimmy did to the elderly patients was he opposite of savage. He sacrificed the settlement winnings so that lady could regain the trust and friendship of the other women. I doubt he was stupid enough to leave that microphone on by accident.

It was all staged, they didn't make it subtle either.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

yeah you are probably right about that, and its probably a reason why he moved on to a different clientele

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I was just watching one of the last few Breaking Bad episodes, when Saul and Walt are in the basement of the vacuum shop (waiting for their new identities/passports/etc. to be made). Walt asks Saul what he's going to do now. Saul responds with "If I'm lucky, work as a manager at a Cinnabon in Omaha."

You don't say...:sarcasm:

When the series began, probably within 5 seconds, there had to have been at least a dozen posts here yelling about "Cinnabon!" :laugh:

Those were both blaringly obvious situations.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

When the series began, probably within 5 seconds, there had to have been at least a dozen posts here yelling about "Cinnabon!" :laugh:

Well, he did come out and thank that girl for doing it (fake mic schtick).

Kind of have to be asleep at the wheel not to catch on at that point.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The thing with the Elderly Patients was a way for Jimmy to realize that what Chuck said about him always hurting the people around him could be true.

small indication that everyone Jimmy tries to help ends up worse off after the fact.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So I just recently finished BB completely after watching the first 4 seasons but not finishing the 5th season.

Anyway, Saul and Mike were to of my favorite characters from BB so figured I'd give BCS a go as well to see how those characters develop.

I'm honestly more intrigued and interested in the first season of this show then I was with the first season of BB. I just finished the episode on the backstory of Mike, and holy crap that might be one of the single best episodes of television I've ever seen. Easily my favorite episode of the BB/BCS series, and rivals the likes of The Red Wedding from GoT IMO.

Mike is my favorite character on any TV show. Just fantastic depth and writing on the character and he is brilliantly portrayed by Jonathan Banks.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

What made it "blaringly" obvious, outside of being mentioned on a Breaking Bad episode 4 years ago?

I just rewatched Breaking Bad and notice him say it in the second last episode. I know people are obsessed, but it wasn't that obvious of a reference...

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
What made it "blaringly" obvious, outside of being mentioned on a Breaking Bad episode 4 years ago?

I just rewatched Breaking Bad and notice him say it in the second last episode. I know people are obsessed, but it wasn't that obvious of a reference...

Yeah, I could see how people missed that. I actually thought it was really nice touch to start the series. It wasn't exactly hard connection to make but I could easily understand if someone missed that mention by Saul in BB and therefore didn't realize it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So I just recently finished BB completely after watching the first 4 seasons but not finishing the 5th season.

Anyway, Saul and Mike were to of my favorite characters from BB so figured I'd give BCS a go as well to see how those characters develop.

I'm honestly more intrigued and interested in the first season of this show then I was with the first season of BB. I just finished the episode on the backstory of Mike, and holy crap that might be one of the single best episodes of television I've ever seen. Easily my favorite episode of the BB/BCS series, and rivals the likes of The Red Wedding from GoT IMO.

Mike is my favorite character on any TV show. Just fantastic depth and writing on the character and he is brilliantly portrayed by Jonathan Banks.

Mike gets more interesting with each episode they focus on him.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

The Breaking Bad crowd on here was especially obsessed, haha.

It was so popular that we had fans of The Wire regularly dropping by to remind us that their show was so much better than ours.

The Cinnabon was the chief connector between the two shows, so yes, definitely, a most definite reference for weekly watchers.

For bingers or catch-ups, yup, it's a great Easter Egg. Especially if Saul's story spends more time in Cinnabon Land as promised. I think we'll find out how his adventures end for certain. Maybe Jesse too. A news broadcast of some sort, perhaps.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The Breaking Bad crowd on here was especially obsessed, haha.

It was so popular that we had fans of The Wire regularly dropping by to remind us that their show was so much better than ours.

The Cinnabon was the chief connector between the two shows, so yes, definitely, a most definite reference for weekly watchers.

For bingers or catch-ups, yup, it's a great Easter Egg. Especially if Saul's story spends more time in Cinnabon Land as promised. I think we'll find out how his adventures end for certain. Maybe Jesse too. A news broadcast of some sort, perhaps.

I read that Aaron Paul has hinted he will appear in BCS and Bryan Cranston is game for doing some type of cameo for BCS, so how they are seen, and if it's past, present (Walt not dead?), who knows. Or maybe they won't be seen.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm still hoping Walter's cameo would just be a throwaway scene of Saul rolling into the car wash with a fancy new ride (apparently it was a Cadillac DeVille in BB) and leaving a big tip to Walt who is off camera until the last moment.

Reactions: StrangeVision

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm still hoping Walter's cameo would just be a throwaway scene of Saul rolling into the car wash with a fancy new ride (apparently it was a Cadillac DeVille in BB) and leaving a big tip to Walt who is off camera until the last moment.

The best for me would be for Saul to pick up his car after the wash and the attendant be Walter, and have Saul slip him a couple bucks in his front pocket only for Walt to give him the blank stare he gives as if to say “you cheap bastard”.

:laugh:

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
fantastic depth and writing on the character (Mike), he is brilliantly portrayed by Jonathan Banks.

Yeah, Mike is an interesting character, & Banks a damn good actor.
Banks played a great undercover agent handler in the old series Wiseguy. I always remember him as Frank McPike.

Reactions: rbochan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad