Olympics: Best trooper to 2022

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
When focused purely on team material I would rank the top 7 teams this way. Honestly I objectively thinking this would be pretty realistic set-up.

Canada
Sweden
USA
Finland/Russia
Czech Republic
Switzerland

Canada with the best everything

Sweden with arguably best/second best defense, wide and stable offense. Goalies are the big question-mark.

USA with a very good combination both defensively and offensively.

Finland with high quality offense (assuming no injuries) and the defense is looking much better at the moment (worse than Canada and Sweden obviously, trying to be not biased here). Goalies the best with Canada.

Russia has always their offense which is comparable with Canada, but the defense is a big question-mark.

Czechs hockey has fallen a bit behind but still a lot of talent.

Switzerland has bypassed Slovakia and is knocking the doors with other top nations. Definetely a medal candidate.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks76

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
When focused purely on team material I would rank the top 8 teams this way. Honestly I objectively thinking this would be pretty realistic set-up.

Canada
Sweden
USA
Finland/Russia
Czech Republic
Switzerland

Canada with the best everything

Sweden with arguably best/second best defense, wide and stable offense. Goalies are the big question-mark.

USA with a very good combination both defensively and offensively.

Finland with high quality offense (assuming no injuries) and the defense is looking much better at the moment (worse than Canada and Sweden obviously, trying to be not biased here). Goalies the best with Canada.

Russia has always their offense which is comparable with Canada, but the defense is a big question-mark.

Czechs hockey has fallen a bit behind but still a lot of talent.

Switzerland has bypassed Slovakia and is knocking the doors with other top nations. Definetely a medal candidate.

Thoughts?
All in all,this is a good analysis! For me are US No. 2 and Switzerland is really No 7 but not a medal contender.

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
Ovechkin
Malkin
Radulov
Kucherov
Kuznetsov
Panarin
Tarasenko
Dadonov
Kovalchuk
Gusev
Anisimov
Buchnevich
Kaprizov

Provorov
Orlov
Zadorov
Sergachev
Zaitsev
Kishelevich
Kulikov

Vasilevsky
Bobrovsky
Khudobin

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Arivdsson - Pettersson - Forsberg (Oh man what a line!)
Nylander - Bäckström - Landerskog
Rakell - W. Karlsson - Zibanejad
Hörnqvist - Backlund - Andersson

Karlsson - Hedman
OEL - Dahlin
Klingberg -Ekholm
Lindholm - Klefbom

Markström, Lehner, (Lundqvist)

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Arivdsson - Pettersson - Forsberg (Oh man what a line!)
Nylander - Bäckström - Landerskog
Rakell - W. Karlsson - Zibanejad
Hörnqvist - Backlund - Andersson

Karlsson - Hedman
OEL - Dahlin
Klingberg -Ekholm
Lindholm - Klefbom

Markström, Lehner, (Lundqvist)

No Silfverberg or Elias Lindholm? I'd take atleast one of them instead of Andersson..

Last edited:

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
No Silfverberg or Elias Lindholm? I'd take atleast one of them instead of Andersson..

Not a big fan of Silfverberg. Lindholm is def. a contender for a spot, not sure if he's a production of great surrounding cast or if he enjoying the life in Calgary more than Raleigh.

Reactions: rickardr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad