Ryan Suter - John Carlson
Nate Schmidt - Charlie McAvoy
(Justin Faulk)

John Gibson
Jonathan Quick
(Connor Hellebuyck)

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
Future seems pretty bright for Finland, but no chance a player like Osala will make the team, there will be players like Lehkonen, Puljujärvi, Kakko, Kotkaniemi, Ma. Granlund, etc. fighting for spots also. About defencemen I believe atleast one of these 3 Jokiharju, Vaakanainen, Välimäki will make the team, also Saros and most likely Raanta will be among the goaltenders.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Finnish teams Olympics 2022 and knowledge of current talent:

USA teams Olympics 2022 of current talent:

Johnny Gaudreau - Auston Matthews - Patrick Kane
Phil Kessel - Clayton Keller - Chris Kreider
Brock Nelson - Vincent Trocheck - Anders Lee
J.T. Miller - Casey Mittelstadt - Brandon Saad

Shayne Gostisbehere - Seth Jones
(Justin Faulk)

John Gibson
Jonathan Quick
(Connor Hellebuyck)
Eichel?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

Rantanen - Haula - K.Kapanen
Aho - Mi.Granlund - Teräväinen
Laine - Barkov - Donskai
Tolvanen - Borgström - Osala

J.Honka - Heiskanen
Vatanen - Nutivaara
Ristolainen - Lindell
Määttä

Koskinen
T.Rask
(Rinne)

(Justin Faulk)

John Gibson
Jonathan Quick
(Connor Hellebuyck)
Wheres Connor? DeBrincat? Larkin? Slavin, Trouba? You dont even have Jack Eichel on that list, and you have guys like JT Miller, Brandon Saad, Anders Lee and Frikin Brock Nelson?!!? Suter and Quick will both be old, and juries still out on Schmidt as he needs to perform the way he did this season consistently. And this is before guys like Jack and Quinn Hughes arrive on the scene.

Reactions: Kyndig

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Larkin is not my ecpectation and Brock Nelson is real class player in IIWC 2013, 2014, 2015 AND 2016 then Eichel wrong player for team USA if about USA want wins gold !!

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Future seems pretty bright for Finland, but no chance a player like Osala will make the team, there will be players like Lehkonen, Puljujärvi, Kakko, Kotkaniemi, Ma. Granlund, etc. fighting for spots also. About defencemen I believe atleast one of these 3 Jokiharju, Vaakanainen, Välimäki will make the team, also Saros and most likely Raanta will be among the goaltenders.

Jokiharju is great after 2022 as super talent and Osala is great checking line player with tough stylos.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Larkin is not my ecpectation and Brock Nelson is real class player in IIWC 2013, 2014, 2015 AND 2016 then Eichel wrong player for team USA if about USA want wins gold !!
Larkin has been a cornerstone for a horrible Detroit team and has produced and played well everytime hes worn a US jersey. The fact that you include Brock Nelson just because of how many IIHF Worlds hes played in is unfathomable, sorry but the guys a 3rd line winger in the NHL that shouldnt sniff the US team for a best on best tourny. Eichel is the top US center after Auston Matthews, hes going and the fact that you didnt include him just because you dont like him is something im not gonna get into. Its probably a good thing youre not a GM.

Reactions: Kyndig

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Larkin has been a cornerstone for a horrible Detroit team and has produced and played well everytime hes worn a US jersey. The fact that you include Brock Nelson just because of how many IIHF Worlds hes played in is unfathomable, sorry but the guys a 3rd line winger in the NHL that shouldnt sniff the US team for a best on best tourny. Eichel is the top US center after Auston Matthews, hes going and the fact that you didnt include him just because you dont like him is something im not gonna get into. Its probably a good thing youre not a GM.

The Islanders have best team ever with Lee, Nelson, Tavares, Okposo and more stars of offensive lines and of course Larkin was good last season but next season he is crap in Detroit under 50 points my prediction's with Larkin in western conference and this team was world class with Draper and Lidas before and last two season's zero PO.

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
Jokiharju is great after 2022 as super talent and Osala is great checking line player with tough stylos.
He is indeed a good checking line player but the roster will be stacked and no KHL players will probably make the team. Also Osala have not been a regular Team Finland player for the past years so it is highly unlikely we se him in the team unless he becomes an NHL player by 2022.

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
He is indeed a good checking line player but the roster will be stacked and no KHL players will probably make the team. Also Osala have not been a regular Team Finland player for the past years so it is highly unlikely we se him in the team unless he becomes an NHL player by 2022.

Maybe truefully facts you came to the board. :thumbu:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If Team USA has access to NHL players at the Olympics barring injury both Larkin and Eichel will be on the team. You can pretty much bank on that. Eichel will be one of the top 6 centers. Larkin can also play on the wing and has tremendous versatility though my guess is he plays their checking matchup center, frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he was the captain of the team. USA hockey loves him and he loves them back.

Werenski - Jones is going to be the top pairing in my opinion.

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
If Team USA has access to NHL players at the Olympics barring injury both Larkin and Eichel will be on the team. You can pretty much bank on that. Eichel will be one of the top 6 centers. Larkin can also play on the wing and has tremendous versatility though my guess is he plays their checking matchup center, frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he was the captain of the team. USA hockey loves him and he loves them back.

Werenski - Jones is going to be the top pairing in my opinion.
Agree
2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I still hope, World Cup of Hockey will happen before the next Olympics.

As to Russian roster (for 2020 year)... Well,

Panarin - Malkin - Kucherov
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko
Gusev - Anisimov - Kaprizov
Radulov - don't-know-who (hope, Khovanov will become a player, but not sure at all) - Svechnikov
Dadonov, Buchnevich

Zaitsev - Provorov
Tryamkin - Zadorov (Big Bang Pair)
Gavrikov - Sergachev
Kiselevich

Bob
Vasya
Shesterkin or Sorokin

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Honka's got a ways to go if you feel he's Olympic material, let alone top pairing.

Or maybe the Finnish D pool isn't as deep as I thought. :laugh:

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Wheeler are best American last season but in next he's just 3-5 within places in Winnipeg scoring lines just after Ehlers and Laine in 2nd line or after Scheifele as Jets best player not every best is best USA its best chekingline can were also the best team USA in hockey a truefully story I tell you all.

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
I still hope, World Cup of Hockey will happen before the next Olympics.

As to Russian roster (for 2020 year)... Well,

Panarin - Malkin - Kucherov
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko
Gusev - Anisimov - Kaprizov
Radulov - don't-know-who (hope, Khovanov will become a player, but not sure at all) - Svechnikov
Dadonov, Buchnevich

Zaitsev - Provorov
Tryamkin - Zadorov (Big Bang Pair)
Gavrikov - Sergachev
Kiselevich

Bob
Vasya
Shesterkin or Sorokin

Best offensive lineup in hockey history ever, Mediocre defense. The goalkeepers are badly.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia

Rantanen - Haula - K.Kapanen
Aho - Mi.Granlund - Teräväinen
Laine - Barkov - Donskai
Tolvanen - Borgström - Osala

J.Honka - Heiskanen
Vatanen - Nutivaara
Ristolainen - Lindell
Määttä

Koskinen
T.Rask
(Rinne)

(Justin Faulk)

John Gibson
Jonathan Quick
(Connor Hellebuyck)

I hope you are not implying that Barkov is on the third line? I don't think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->