Best Swedish Winger Right Now

Who is the best Swedish winger right now?

• Total voters

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think this is probably Forsberg right now, with Nylander likely to take it as soon as next year, with a bigger sample of the level he was at under Keefe.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not if you watch hockey.
Thats rich, I watched Nylander fold like a cheap tent in the playoffs on more than one occasion. Ive watched Arvidsson go through a brick wall for his teammates come playoff time. Nylander had a way better year this year but Arvidsson was way better the year before. I think they are absolutely comparable. Nylander certainly has time to improve as he is 3 years younger. Like I said there are 4 viable options in this poll. So maybe if you took your own advice you could add something constructive to this discussion.

If you are unfamiliar with the player he has scored more goals than Nylander has when you compare their last 4 seasons.

Viktor Arvidsson Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Arvidsson 198 points in 273 games with 109 goals

Nylander 208 points in 285 games with 80 goals

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
an impressive list of players who were less productive than william nylander
Nylander is 4th on his team offensively, where as Forsberg/Rakell are #1 on their teams. If you switched their spots I'm sure Forsberg would have a time playing with Matthews and with Tavares/Marner drawing hard matchups and on a PP with all 3 and a high-end offensive dmen in Rielly.

How would Nylander do when he was the #1 focus of the opposing teams dmen?

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Not really, I just started following it a few days ago. Still trying to get ahold of this stat-watching thing....

Aww, look, the Leafs fans got their feeling hurt. I like that you think you're so important that a comment against Nylander is a slight against the Leafs.

Sorry but I'm just not a fan of the kid. If I'm going to go to battle in the playoffs, he's not a guy I would have anywhere near the top of my list. Still waiting for him to do something to prove me wrong...
Like be the best player by Miles for team Sweden?

I can see why that guy told me not to respond to you

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It’s Gabriel Landeskog here, he’s been so damn solid for so long.
He is one of the most underrated players in the league, and the fact Elias Lindholm isn’t an option here is crazy.

Reactions: Tkachuky

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
What does not being a fan of Nylander have to do with stirring up Leaf fans? That's a reach
The thread is called "Best Swedish Winger Right Now". Doesnt matter who you are a "fan" of. Nylander is pretty clearly top 3, as the voting suggests.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Thats rich, I watched Nylander fold like a cheap tent in the playoffs on more than one occasion. Ive watched Arvidsson go through a brick wall for his teammates come playoff time. Nylander had a way better year this year but Arvidsson was way better the year before. I think they are absolutely comparable. Nylander certainly has time to improve as he is 3 years younger. Like I said there are 4 viable options in this poll. So maybe if you took your own advice you could add something constructive to this discussion.

If you are unfamiliar with the player he has scored more goals than Nylander has when you compare their last 4 seasons.

I'll take Nylanders 3 points from last years playoffs over Arvidssons 0

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
An 8 game tournament doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things.
When people say he cant perform against top defender, it matters but ivenalready figured out there is no discussion to be had in this thread and I dont feel like being insulted

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Where are you getting the misconception that a huge playoff choker like arvidsson is better than a playoff choker in nylander? Both have underperformed but the crazy thing is arvidsson has been worse than nylander despite going to the finals. His career playoff totals are 24 in 55 with 9 goals. His ppg works out to be 0.436 and he ends up a 36 point player per 82 games in the playoffs

Nylander has 11 in 20 with 3 goals. His ppg works out to be 0.55 or 45 points per 82 games. Nylander despite having failed to perform is clearly a better playoff performer than arvidsson. Arvidsson has some unearned reputation for being a playoff producer when in reality the only reason they had that deep ring was b/c of their elite defense and Rinne. Arvidsson has the worst performance between the two of them with 0 points in 6 games last season.

Regular season wise they're close with mylander trending up and arvidsson needing to bounce back and prove himself (like nylander had to at start of this season). In playoffs nylander is a disapoint so far but less so than arvidsson who simply stops producing when the playoffs comes around.

Reactions: LeafGrief

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Listed as a Center everywhere i'm looking.

Yeah I am not trying to get on you too much, but he hasn't played centre consistently in at least 2 seasons. He played centre for maybe 13 total games in his time in Calgary, half due to injuries, half due to cold gaudreau-monahan pair getting split up.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yeah I am not trying to get on you too much, but he hasn't played centre consistently in at least 2 seasons. He played centre for maybe 13 total games in his time in Calgary, half due to injuries, half due to cold gaudreau-monahan pair getting split up.
Hey, dont tell me, tell NHL.com and hockeydb

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Well it's asking who is better right now, not who has had a better career. Also you didn't say they are comparable or that both options are viable. You said it was laughable to prefer Nylander

Nylander having more votes than Arvidsson is hilarious.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Uh amazing? Do people not remember him with team Sweden in 2019? He was their best guy on their top line drawing the hardest match ups and was the tournament leading scorer.

Do you guys just ignore shit to suit your narrative or are you guys just ignorant and pretending to know what you're talking about?
When you say this, you're referring to everyone that doesn't agree with you right? My "narrative" is Forsberg is the best Swedish winger right now. You attack my opinion because it doesn't match yours. And then accuse me of being ignorant and ignoring shit. That doesn't seem hypocritical to you at all? Literally everything you said applies to you haha.

You're the one with a narrative because no matter what the poll options are, you vote the leafs player. (your history strongly supports this). I do my best to be objective and will choose accordingly, not because of the jersey that player wears but rather who is best.

Looking at the last 2 years (since they both missed time)- I chose Forsberg as the current best because over the past 127 games he has 98 points and 49 goals. Nylander in the last 122 has had 86 points and 38 goals. Couple that with the fact Nylander has better line mates and plays on a significantly more offensively oriented team, I felt comfortable choosing Forsberg and would have Nylander as my #2. If you go back even further (3, 4, or 5 years Forsberg opens up his lead even more). This season Nylander outscored Forsberg by 7 points (if they played same number of games) and that's not enough for me to change my decision when including the previously mentioned factors.
I'm not a Nashville fan, and I don't dislike Nylander, but if I had to choose one to best improve my team, it'd be Forsberg.

But this opinion is apparently so triggering for you that you devolve into calling everyone ignorant who doesn't agree.

Also seriously Team Sweden? So now I guess we are using WC 8 game sample sizes to determine who the best winger is?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad