Best Swedish Winger Right Now

Who is the best Swedish winger right now?

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I can see arguments for any of Forsberg, Nylander or Landeskog. Went with Forsberg for his track record of production and play driving while not playing with elite centers. I could see Nylander pulling away, but you never know. Forsberg had at very similarly productive season to Nylander at 23, but didn't build on it. Hard to consider Arvidsson after a rough season, but he'd be in the mix with a bounce back as well. We're a far cry from Alfredsson, Naslund, Sedin, etc though.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
picked Landeskog with Nylander as a close 2nd. Wouldn't be shocked if Nylander cements himself as the top guy if he continues to play at the level he did since Keefe took over.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Went with Forsberg. Landeskog is my favorite and I was tempted to go with Landy but didn’t want to be biased. Nylander is definitely up in that conversation as well after a good bounce back year. Overall I would definitely take Landeskog or Forsberg on my own team’s roster before Nylander, but he’s not far behind.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can see arguments for any of Forsberg, Nylander or Landeskog. Went with Forsberg for his track record of production and play driving while not playing with elite centers. I could see Nylander pulling away, but you never know. Forsberg had at very similarly productive season to Nylander at 23, but didn't build on it. Hard to consider Arvidsson after a rough season, but he'd be in the mix with a bounce back as well. We're a far cry from Alfredsson, Naslund, Sedin, etc though.

I also like Rakell. He's had some unusually low SH% the last two seasons that I think has hurt his numbers. Like Arvidsson though, I wouldn't consider him for the best Swedish winger right now because he hasn't been that good recently. I think the top three that you named, and then these two players that are recently struggling are the clear top five Swedish wingers.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander, easy choice. Forsberg is nice, but he is not on Nylander's level.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Nylander but Landeskog is a close 2nd.

Kinda surprised Olofsson has no votes. Has a slightly higher GPG and PPG than the leader Forsberg. Track record pays off.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Do you guys even follow hockey?
Dont even bother replying to that. Only reason he said that was to try and stir up leaf fans with the Nylander omission. Few posts down he literally says "Never been a huge fan of his".

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd say it's either Landy or Nylander, but Nylander seemed to have his coming out party this year and was really good.

Might be a hot take, but I don't really see Forsberg being better than Landy honestly. Very similar offensive production, but give me Landy's defensive game over Forsbergs.

Also landy is way better looking and that'a a very important part of playing the game of hockey obviously.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Nylander but Landeskog is a close 2nd.

Kinda surprised Olofsson has no votes. Has a slightly higher GPG and PPG than the leader Forsberg. Track record pays off.

Olofsson also played with Eichel, had an unsustainable PP goal rate and isn't the play driver Forsberg is.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I know that Forsberg is better. I was just surprised to see him in the lead. And Olofsson with a 0.

You're really surprised? I mean, maybe if we were back a the start of the year when Olofsson was just scoring like crazy, maybe someone would have gone with him?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Do you guys even follow hockey?
Not really, I just started following it a few days ago. Still trying to get ahold of this stat-watching thing....

Dont even bother replying to that. Only reason he said that was to try and stir up leaf fans with the Nylander omission. Few posts down he literally says "Never been a huge fan of his".
Aww, look, the Leafs fans got their feeling hurt. I like that you think you're so important that a comment against Nylander is a slight against the Leafs.

Sorry but I'm just not a fan of the kid. If I'm going to go to battle in the playoffs, he's not a guy I would have anywhere near the top of my list. Still waiting for him to do something to prove me wrong...

Last edited:

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Lindholm led all Swedish skaters in points last season and was top-5 this season and somehow he isn’t even an option? That’s along with being a very solid defensive player.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4