Best Swedish Winger Right Now

Who is the best Swedish winger right now?

• Total voters

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Not really, I just started following it a few days ago. Still trying to get ahold of this stat-watching thing....

Aww, look, the Leafs fans go their feeling hurt. I like that you think you're so important that a comment against Nylander is a slight against the Leafs.

Sorry but I'm just not a fan of the kid. If I'm going to go to battle in the playoffs, he's not a guy I would have anywhere near the top of my list. Still waiting for him to do something to prove me wrong...
Thats fair considering each of them have had strong playoff performances before. Gonna have to see what Nylander does on a good run. Although its fair to say Nylander had the best year this year.

Cant imagine being so mentally fragile that I get my feelings hurt over an HFboard post. Youre flattering yourself if you think your post matters that much to me.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I was planning to list him as a center.

Gotcha. I think he fits the Winger list imo.

He really should be pretty high on the list. Last year he had a strong season and this year he's been top 2 forwards on our team. Now before people will say that he wasn't as good in Carolina, well he certainly has shown what he can do in a good sample size in Calgary. He can play on different lines and be productive.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Nylander is very good defensive player as well.
Physicality just isn't his game, AM34 did say he was built like a truck, when came back from
his contract issues. He also said JUST working out, is not like playing games, hence his low
numbers that season.

I said I’d take Nylander in the poll, I was just adding that Landeskog has some good aspects to his game outside of point production. I’m sure Nylander does too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t see why. He’s played way more wing throughout his career.

Because I don’t watch thousands of NHL games a year. If I’m wrong to list him as a center, then that’s my mistake, but I’ve been running this series of polls from the beginning, and I’m going to try my best to put up the best and most neutral answer choices. I might get some of them wrong. There’s an other option, if that’s what you want to vote for.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Considering how much better of a year Nylander had, not really.
He did for sure, Arvidsson the year before. Then I think if their playoff performances and I think it should be atleast close all things considered. If you're not counting Lindholm i see it as 4 options. Forsberg, Nylander, Landeskog and Arvidsson.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Dont even bother replying to that. Only reason he said that was to try and stir up leaf fans with the Nylander omission. Few posts down he literally says "Never been a huge fan of his".

What does not being a fan of Nylander have to do with stirring up Leaf fans? That's a reach

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Easy top 3 for me, with Forsberg, Landeskog and Rackell (in that order). Went with Forsberg here.

Rakell doesn't deserve to be in the top 3 right now. For the past 134 games (last 2 years) his goalscoring output's been 0.25 GPG, along with 0.63 PPG. That's basically a 20 goal, 50 point winger. Compare that to 16-18 when he scored 67 goals in 148 games (0.45 GPG) and 120 pts (0.81 PPG). Prorate to 82 that's 37/66 - 1st line numbers.

One subpar season is one thing, but there's no excuse for this drop in production during his prime years. I get that the Ducks have gotten worse, but Rakell has been the TOI/GP leader on the wing both years and you expect guys like him to become more of a leader not go down with the ship.

He also doesn't bring anything else than offense to the table really. I don't think he's brought any notable intangibles. you're more likely to see him coughing up the puck than stealing it and he's not going to be one of our PK guys.

Definitely prefer Nylander over him. I guess you could say what have you done for me lately, but i can respect Willie going out and proving everybody wrong. Rakell's just been uninspiring for a couple years now.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamzarocks

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Nylander could change a lot of perceptions with a good playoff run.

But given that he hasn't had one of those yet and was god awful last year, it seems justified that he's going behind clutch players like Forsberg and Landeskog.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Homer vote for Nylander and I don't feel even remotely guilty for it.

I'd take Landeskog second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad