Best sniper + playmaker

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Guys who I see as a constant threat for for 50+55 right now:

Kuch
Drai
Pasta

Maybe Panarin if he pots a few more goals.
Maybe Matthews if he steps up the passing game.

The top 3 are the purest sniping playmakers I can think of though.

It's possible if Matty get's a better finisher on his line, but Marner is all pass all the time lol maybe when Robertson is finally up (if he translates) or Soup when he comes back from injury. Matthews can thread the needle on great passes, but he will need a stronger sniper to set up.

The ability is there, the kid is all world. I can see 60g 50a season with the right finishers.

For me it is Pasta or Drai right now.

Reactions: Emerz

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019

Kuch
Drai
Pasta

I think Kucherov is a good fit for this, but idk if he is a threat for 50 goals unless he is given the green light to be a bit more selfish since he is not a super prolific shooter (no one on tampa is). I think he is a better playmaker than either of the other two, but at the same time the other two are much more of shoot-first guys than kuch is

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Kuch
Drai
Pasta

Drai, Kucherov, and Pasta were the first 3 that came to mind for me as well.

Reactions: Emerz
Mar 11, 2013
QC
Pastrnak is a very good playmaker, he was always a playmaker first prior to coming over to the US. I don't know what it was but he somehow developed an unreal scoring touch over the past few years so his role changed, he's the go to scorer now so his teammates look to set him up.

I feel like he passes up on scoring chances every now and then, I wish he shot a bit more.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Pastrnak is a very good playmaker, he was always a playmaker first prior to coming over to the US. I don't know what it was but he somehow developed an unreal scoring touch over the past few years so his role changed, he's the go to scorer now so his teammates look to set him up.

I feel like he passes up on scoring chances every now and then, I wish he shot a bit more.
When he first came to Boston, his goal was to set up marchy who was the sniper on that line. Times appear to have changed, and Marchy has proven that he is an all round all world player who can set 'em up as well as knock 'em down.

If it wasn't for Pasternak, Marchand would still be among the goal leaders, but credit to Marchy for being able to play a complete 2 way game.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Draisaitl is easily the best all around offensive player
34 goals and 59 assists....probably gets another point this pp

Mar 11, 2013
QC
When he first came to Boston, his goal was to set up marchy who was the sniper on that line. Times appear to have changed, and Marchy has proven that he is an all round all world player who can set 'em up as well as knock 'em down.

If it wasn't for Pasternak, Marchand would still be among the goal leaders, but credit to Marchy for being able to play a complete 2 way game.
I don't think Marchand would've broken out into the player that he is today and vice versa for Pastrnak, the two just compliment eachother so well. Add in Bergeron who's just the perfect center for 2 offensive minded wingers. That line is just perfect in so many ways.

Truthteller

Feb 11, 2020
MacKinnon, McDavid, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Pettersson just off the top of my head.
Pettersson is not even close to being their.
Too scorer and playmaker would be McDavid, Drai, Kane, Crosby, Kuch. The rest of the ones listed by people are for players who are not the best playmakers. Eichel I have just on the cusp but before this year he was not a dominate goalscorer. Pasta is a prime goal scorer but limited playmaker. Someone like Matthews is a below average playmaker for a superstar.

Truthteller

Feb 11, 2020
It's possible if Matty get's a better finisher on his line, but Marner is all pass all the time lol maybe when Robertson is finally up (if he translates) or Soup when he comes back from injury. Matthews can thread the needle on great passes, but he will need a stronger sniper to set up.

The ability is there, the kid is all world. I can see 60g 50a season with the right finishers.

For me it is Pasta or Drai right now.
Matthews is not a good passer and 60 assists for him is a pipe dream. The primary reason he gets assists is because the plays go through him. I am a big fan but I can count on one hand the amazing non fluke passes he has made (2 this year). Marner is a much much better playmaker and would have him about Matthews.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Drai foresure, on pace for 47 goals while averaging over an assist per game. Incredible

Truthteller

Feb 11, 2020
Definitely not Panarin.

Eichel really defines this.
As would someone like Mack and Geno.
Patrick Kane?
would put Panarin over Eichel for sure, before this year he was pretty much a 30 goal scorer every year, something that Eichel onto hit this year.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Definitely not Panarin.

Eichel really defines this.
As would someone like Mack and Geno.
Patrick Kane?

Why definitely not Panarin? Put any of those players on a line with Strome and Fast and let Panarin play with their line-mates and you might be singing a different tune. Panarin is possibly the best passer I have seen this year but admittedly is not the sniper as some of these others mentioned.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Why definitely not Panarin? Put any of those players on a line with Strome and Fast and let Panarin play with their line-mates and you might be singing a different tune. Panarin is possibly the best passer I have seen this year but admittedly is not the sniper as some of these others mentioned.

Because Panarin, despite being in his late 20's, and having played with Patrick Kane for some time, has a career high of 31 goals.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Pettersson is not even close to being their.
Too scorer and playmaker would be McDavid, Drai, Kane, Crosby, Kuch. The rest of the ones listed by people are for players who are not the best playmakers. Eichel I have just on the cusp but before this year he was not a dominate goalscorer. Pasta is a prime goal scorer but limited playmaker. Someone like Matthews is a below average playmaker for a superstar.
I just meant with the way he scores goals and is primarily a playmaker. Yeah he hasn't scored as many goals as those other guys I listed but is on his way to 30+ this year and usually scores by way of one timers or wrist shot snipes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad