"Best shape of their lives" thread

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
it seems since everyone puts priority on skating now, a lot of big players of the past are trimming down.

Krejci said something along those lines the other day, basically about how he never carried a ton of weight naturally but used to bulk up because a few years back there was much more battling for the puck going on in the corners as opposed to nowadays.

He leaned out over the summer and said he has really noticed it in his skating ability.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Yeah yeah yeah. "Showing up in the best shape of his life" is right up there with "giving 110%" and "sticking to your game plan." Psssssh.

Let me know when a player tells the media, "Yeah, I really took it easy this summer and slammed a few ding-dongs here and there, fifteen pounds overweight at least, it's all good."

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
It was mentioned before but tarasenko lost some weight over the summer but it's not known how much. He had been hovering around 230. A lot of us had considered that to be a bit too much weight. Will be interesting to see if it affects his game at all.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Possibly Brandon Dubinsky, although I believe the phrase they used was "physically transformed". Does that count?

Maybe he's been physically transformed into a guy who can play hockey.

Be interesting to see last year's young guns growing into their bodies and taking the next step.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Christ, how long between pictures?

[mod]

I just realized we go to the same gym (Lifetime Fitness) Don't watch the Habs much so had 0 idea who he was lol.

Sonny Milano, Franzen, and Fowler all lift there occasionally

not when they all use testosterone and growth hormone to heal at a rate faster than your average 20 year old...

While PEDs are in all pro sports, I doubt there's much GH in Hockey. Even most steroids with lean gains (Anavar, Winny) have long half lifes, making them risky

Probably a ton of clenbuterol though.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Specifically the coaching staff said his testing scores are absolutely off the charts.

All Nurse needs is time. His brain will catch up to his body with experience.

That's what I thought about Bogosian at one point in time. Didn't happen for him. Maybe it will for Nurse.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
I read on Facebook that Carrie Underwood's abs were incredible. Does that count? If not, is it because she herself is not an NHL player or merely that Mike Fisher retired?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad