Best Russian Right Winger - Peak Bure vs. Peak Kucherov?

Who's better, Bure at his best or Kucherov from the last few seasons?

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Possibly, the question is peak though. At the same time I'm wondering if Kucherov's 128 point season is somewhat of an anomaly and not entirely suggestive of his actual level of play, because it sticks out like a sore thumb from his next best seasons.

Sure but use my hypothesis for a 3 year sample only then (or whatever one might use as a peak) the point still stands.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not quite. He was the 3rd best skater on his team, even his regular linemate Point was better.

Not to mention that his goalie was also a legitimate Conn Smythe candidate and in 09 only Crosby was close to Malkin MAF sure wasn't.

Reactions: authentic

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Through the first 2-3 rounds he arguably was, although Malkin dominated against Carolina, and then in the finals Lidstrom/Zetterberg shutdown Crosby and Malkin ran wild. I would give it to Malkin since even if the roles were reversed best case scenario their points would flip flop. Point played on the same line and drove the play more, was better defensively, had way more goals (twice as many in 2 less games) and even besides that had a higher points per game anyway.

I agree with this and people often conveniently forget about this.

It seems that the Red Wings thought Crosby was better and took their chances with Malkin.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Sure but use my hypothesis for a 3 year sample only then (or whatever one might use as a peak) the point still stands.

Hard to say for sure, he would undeniably score a lot more goals and probably be atleast close in points I think.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I agree with this and people often conveniently forget about this.

It seems that the Red Wings thought Crosby was better and took their chances with Malkin.

Exactly. That should definitely count for something, but realistically they were nearly equal players at the time.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Bure: Better skater, Better goal scorer

Kuch: Better vision, Better all around game

Hands is a wash because both are/were wizards with the puck.

Anyone saying it's not close in either player's favour is either biased or didn't watch both players enough. It's honestly a tough question to answer because I love both players.

I was tempted to go Bure, but I think the last 3 years of Kuch were insane, so I had to pick Kuch.

Reactions: authentic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad