Best Remaining UFA Forward To Sign

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I have really liked what the Habs have done so far this off season. I do feel as if they do need to add one more winger though. I just do not feel that no rookies are ready yet for a full time role. I am not including Sekac in that comment.

Of these remaining UFAs who would you want to try out on a one year, low salary contract;

Winnik, Moss, D'Agostini, Legwand, Alfredsson, Heatley, Stempniak, Morrow, Ott, Roy, Booth, Halischuk, Setoguchi

Please do remember that injuries do happen and you can never have enough depth.

Saintpatrick*

I wouldn't mind us getting Ott. He's a pain to play against and adds depth to the bottom 6.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I'd like to have it done via trade. Nothing too appealing left on the market at this juncture.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Setoguchi

Could be a really nice addition to the Patches-Desharnais line or the Pleks line.

He could play anywhere on the top 3 lines and could be had for 1-2 million.

Plus he could give you great production. It is a risk I think we should take.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Setoguchi

Could be a really nice addition to the Patches-Desharnais line or the Pleks line.

What's going on with Setoguchi, why has he declined so hard?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal

IDK about that. Cap hit is too high. We'd obviously be sending some salary Chicago's way but it won't be a significant amount IMO since they're up against the cap. I'd like to have Subban and Eller signed already to know how much space we'll have left over after..

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Jesus Christ guys

How can you not SEE were done signing UFAs, I don't understand why everyone wants to sign everyone..

If anything the next move will be a trade anyways, go to the line up thread and check, we have no ROOM

Be happy with what was done, hopefully the eller and subban deals aren't too steep, and we might see a rookie in the top 9 next year, should be fun

But if you guys really think bergys lookin to sign another winger your nuts

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Setoguchi

I would not touch anyone. Even vrbata was borderline for me, but I was open to it to a certain extent.

At this point, you are better off trying to fill the spot from within. If its not working out, then you can use the cap space to pull a trade. There has to be better options as we get closer to the deadline.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Moss would be a cheap insurance policy on the third line, he really likes to park himself in front of the net.

We just had a pretty nice season+playoffs, because we had depth.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Jesus Christ guys

How can you not SEE were done signing UFAs, I don't understand why everyone wants to sign everyone..

If anything the next move will be a trade anyways, go to the line up thread and check, we have no ROOM

Be happy with what was done, hopefully the eller and subban deals aren't too steep, and we might see a rookie in the top 9 next year, should be fun

I think that you can never have enough depth. None of those guys would break the bank and if they are asking for too much just move on.

I would much rather have the majority of those guys listed above for a year in the million to million and a half mark over to most of out current forward prospects. Habs have some decent forward prospects but none that have proven that they are NHL ready yet. Hopefully I am wrong with that last statement.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Jesus Christ guys

Why ?

Late UFA signing happen.

After rookie camp evaluation you can have a pretty good idea if one of them will be ready.

If not sign Seto to a 1 year 1.5 Million deal. There is literally no downside to doing that.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Kovalev.

Poor guy is playing in National Swiss B league. In an arena with a capacity of 4,300.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I would rather sign one of those players now rather than giving up a draft pick at the trade deadline for them.

You can never have enough depth.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Why would no one take Heatly ?

He could be a good winger for Desharnais or Pleks. He is big and could potentially put up 40-50 points.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We shouldn't be done. Hamilton needs AT LEAST 3-5 GOOD players, on D and up front...mostly UP FRONT.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
With Vrbata off the market the Habs are done with this crop of UFAs.

Bergevin will have to go the trade route to add a top six winger at some point - maybe not 'til the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad