Best Prospect in this list: Panarin, Gurianov, or Konecny?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Who do you expect to have the better career in the NHL in terms of point production?

Artemi Panarin; Denis Gurianov; Travis Konecny

I think all 3 will end up being top 6 forwards on their NHL teams. Maybe it comes down to who they play with. We could see Panarin play with Toews or Kane; Gurianov play with Benn an Seguin or Spezza; an Konecny could play 2nd line with either Schenn or Couturier and Read?

SchennSational1022*

Gurianov
Panarin
Konecny

In that order. There was a reason Gurianov was selected 13 spots higher then Konecny..

Good reasoning. Must be same reason why Braydon Coburn was a full round higher than Shea Weber.

Konecny
Panarin
Gurianov

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Gurianov. Btw, is it spelled Guryanov or Gurianov?

Last edited:

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Gurianov
Panarin
Konecny

In that order. There was a reason Gurianov was selected 13 spots higher then Konecny..

Because Dallas had him higher on their list than Konecny. For all we know, maybe 29 teams had Konecny ahead of Gurianov.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Gurianov. Btw, is it spelled Guryanov or Gurianov?

It's both. It's real close for me between guryanov and konecny. Thought konecny would be take earlier and guryanov might fall to leafs lol.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Guryanov and Konecny still have to develop..Panarin is 23 years old and has world class electric out of your seat skill, hockey sense,vision, playmaking..Guryanov has the best pro "shot" and Konecny has the m9st grit and 2 way ability...Guryanov also displayed some quit in him when his team failed to show up and got clobbered in a World u-18 semi-final I think it was...the fact the rest of the Russian team all filed to show and compete that game is no excuse for Guryanov to join them in that..he was disappointing to my eyes ..a no show in a crucial game..So talent but maybe a character flaw. .
Konecny was the best player on the ice by a mile in the Top Prospects game...he had something to prove to the scouts and did it...full marks.

But Panarin at the World Championships was a spectacular display of skill and talent...World Class talent..Must adjust to smaller NHL rinks and to NA culture..but do not think it will be much problem ...So certainly right now Panarin will outscore the other 2...Maybe 8n a couple of years as they get to age 23 they will catch up to him...but I doubt it..

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Guryanov and Konecny still have to develop..Panarin is 23 years old and has world class electric out of your seat skill, hockey sense,vision, playmaking..Guryanov has the best pro "shot" and Konecny has the m9st grit and 2 way ability...Guryanov also displayed some quit in him when his team failed to show up and got clobbered in a World u-18 semi-final I think it was...the fact the rest of the Russian team all filed to show and compete that game is no excuse for Guryanov to join them in that..he was disappointing to my eyes ..a no show in a crucial game..So talent but maybe a character flaw. .
Konecny was the best player on the ice by a mile in the Top Prospects game...he had something to prove to the scouts and did it...full marks.

But Panarin at the World Championships was a spectacular display of skill and talent...World Class talent..Must adjust to smaller NHL rinks and to NA culture..but do not think it will be much problem ...So certainly right now Panarin will outscore the other 2...Maybe 8n a couple of years as they get to age 23 they will catch up to him...but I doubt it..

Nice response, agreed.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Panarin is kind of a late bloomer. Of course he was a known young player (he scored 2 goals in that Canada - Russia WJC final, after all), but after that he didn't look very impressive. It took him a while to develop his skills, much like Datsyuk (he's the same 23, age Pavel came to the NHL at), but now he looks very impressive. And he's got a right mentality, he had a garanteed multi-million contract from the richest KHL team, but he chose to play in better league for much less money.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Good reasoning. Must be same reason why Braydon Coburn was a full round higher than Shea Weber.

Konecny
Panarin
Gurianov

He offered about the same flawed, lacking reasoning as yourself.

Most of these posts don't even offer any insight into how they play game, rather it just reads as tedious lists followed by standard tripes and boring cliches.

All 3 have their obstacles to overcome. Panarin needs to show he can translate his abilities to a different style/rink and adapt to a more physical game. Gurianov needs to transition to professional hockey and learn how to use his phenomenal offensive abilities. Konecny needs to consistently perform offensively to a level that is expected/hoped.

We'll found out about Panarin first, but it's strange that he is grouped with the other 2, given his age difference.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Amazing how people jump on it wthout thinking. Panarin is no prospect. He's 23 and a fully developed young player with some career numbers. Gurianov and Konecny are18 year olds with no experience in a pro league. Out of Gurianov and Konecny it is Gurianov, arguably the best of his crop in Russia. As prospects there is no telling how they will develop though. Right here and now I would definitely take Gurianov before Konecny, because Gurianov ceiling is somewhere around Tarasenko. Similar player, great sniper. would you place Konecny in that category ceiling-wise? What the outcome will be noone can tell now.

Panarin on the other hand is no unknown. He will be an effective NHL player. You can tell that much right now. Whether he will be a 50 or a 60 or a 70 pts scorer remains to be seen, but from a GM standpoint those are very different commodities: Panarin and freshmen from the draft.

Last edited:

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Amazing how people jump on it wthout thinking. Panarin is no prospect. He's 23 and a fully developed young player with some career numbers. Gurianov and Konecny are18 year olds with no experience in a pro league. Out of Gurianov and Konecny it is Gurianov, arguably the best of his crop in Russia. As prospects there is no telling how they will develop though. Right here and now I would definitely take Gurianov before Konecny, because Gurianov ceiling is somewhere around Tarasenko. Similar player, great sniper. would you place Konecny in that category ceiling-wise? What the outcome will be noone can tell now.

Panarin on the other hand is now unknown. He will be an effective NHL player. You can tell that much right now. Whether he will be a 50 or a 60 or a 70 pts scorer remains to be seen, but from a GM standpoint those are very different commodities: Panarin and freshmen from the draft.

This. Though I don't think Panarin is a 60 point player in the NHL, my guess would be in the 40-50 pt range but we'll see. The big point is very well made however, Gurianov and Konecny are in a different category altogether with Gurianov with a higher ceiling. Gurianov was, by all accounts, the sensation of the U-18's this year, and while that is too small a sample size to be very significant, it does point in the direction of a high ceiling player. I love Konecny's game too, just don't know how well it well transfer to the NHL....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad