Best Power Forward prospects

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
If your looking at Skille to be your #1 or even #2 go to guy like a Patrick Kane or an uber scorer, he isn't that. That said hes got speed, toughness, and defensive skills and can contribute on offense so I think we'll just keep him.

jacketfan61

Jul 10, 2007
haha thats so funny, cause when McArdle wanted to fight him Dorsett didnt want to go, hurt or not u dont taunt a guy then back out like a little girl with ur tail between ur legs and hey for the heck of it lets bite the guy. O yah and remember when little garet hunt faught Dorsett, yah that didnt turn out to well know did it.

I am a jackets fan and also a fan of the whl and the jackets prospects of course... Dorsett not fighting mcardle was the turning point in the whl final series... mcardle was rattled and off his game... dorsett is a pest and not a heavy weight fighter... especially with one hand against mcardle who is much bigger than dorsett...

as for the hunt comment... hunt is in dorsett's weight class and if you watch this video you'll see that fight didnt turn out well for garet hunt who came up short on all his punches while dorsett landed lefts and rights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJY-x-MNzzc

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Because in order for me to agree with the players on that list I have to think they will be more than a checking line forward. Power denotes offensive as well. I think skille sucks.

8 points in 9 AHL games as a 19 year old. Yep he sure sucks.....

In relation to the draft position thing

Have Brule, Pouliot, Bourdon, O'Marra, Hanzal, Parent, Downie, Bourret, Zagrapan, Pokulok, McArdle, Ryan, Lee and a lot of the other 1st rounders that year proved more than Skille?

Last edited:

Leafs 67 and Waiting

Jul 15, 2005
USA
James Neal of the Dallas Stars will be the next great power forward in the NHL. Neal hits everything that moves, can score and drop the gloves. He was the best player in the Memorial Cup this year in my opinion!

steagles

Jul 19, 2007
some names that haven't been mentioned:

jakub koreis
yared hagos
jim slater
ben eager

these guys are veterans that have established themselves as checkers and pests at as professionals in north america. i think eager is the most likely to grow into a 25 goal scorer, but that;s just because of his age.

Artful_Dodger*

some names that haven't been mentioned:

jakub koreis
yared hagos
jim slater
ben eager

these guys are veterans that have established themselves as checkers and pests at as professionals in north america. i think eager is the most likely to grow into a 25 goal scorer, but that;s just because of his age.
25 goals? Has he ever scored that many goals in a season at any level?

steagles

Jul 19, 2007
25 goals? Has he ever scored that many goals in a season at any level?
if he hadn't racked up 200 PIMs for 3 seasons in the OHL, he may have topped 25 more often than the one time he did.

and from a philosophical standpoint, i think its a lot easier to go from being a 10 G, 200 PIM player to a true power forward than it is to go from a 6'3" floating 20 G scorer to reach that same distinction.

toshiro

Jun 14, 2005
Western Canuckland
I'll just be a homer in this post.

Latendresse at only 19, potted 16 goals playing mainly on the bottom 6, he played the top line for a little bit, where I believe(not sure) performed at a ppg rate, at only 19. He needs to improve his skating and defensive play, but damn, the kid's pretty good.

And Max Pacioretty, 10th best scorer in his league as a rookie and 2nd best on his team, a nice power forward who also plays the PK, and reminds people a little bit of Erik Cole.(One of my favourite players, mind you)

Also Chris Stewart of the Avs is pretty decent...
Latendresse hits like a Mack truck

Artful_Dodger*

and from a philosophical standpoint, i think its a lot easier to go from being a 10 G, 200 PIM player to a true power forward than it is to go from a 6'3" floating 20 G scorer to reach that same distinction.
Yes, I agree with you there.

luckoftheduck

Apr 5, 2007
Los Angeles
8 points in 9 AHL games as a 19 year old. Yep he sure sucks.....

In relation to the draft position thing

Have Brule, Pouliot, Bourdon, O'Marra, Hanzal, Parent, Downie, Bourret, Zagrapan, Pokulok, McArdle, Ryan, Lee and a lot of the other 1st rounders that year proved more than Skille?

Yes....Brule, Pouliot, and Bourdon have all gotten to the show. Hanzal has a chance to make Phoenix's roster this year. The rest are pretty much in Skille's position except Bourret, Zagrapan, Pokulok(worst pick ever??), McArdle, Lee.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I was and still am fuming that we picked Skille over Anze, but I dont think Skille will totally flop by any means.

In a couple of years I think Skille will be putting up 40 point seasons from the 3rd line and no one in Chicago is going to care that he is not a first liner because our depth is gonna be friggin sick soon.

Two years from now the Hawks top forwards are gonna be Havlat, Toews, Kane, Lang, Ruutu, Brouwer, and Blunden plus whoever we sign.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
I was and still am fuming that we picked Skille over Anze, but I dont think Skille will totally flop by any means.

In a couple of years I think Skille will be putting up 40 point seasons from the 3rd line and no one in Chicago is going to care that he is not a first liner because our depth is gonna be friggin sick soon.

Two years from now the Hawks top forwards are gonna be Havlat, Toews, Kane, Lang, Ruutu, Brouwer, and Blunden plus whoever we sign.

Lang looks very strange in that group. Blunden is going to be one of the Hawks top forwards? over Skille?

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
why dont we make a big list of the top ones, and then the tier 2 and 3 ones?

Tier 1:

-James van Riemsdyk
-Bobby Ryan
-Jack Skille
-Chris Stewart
-James Sheppard
- Milan Lucic
-Kyle Okposo

Tier 2:

- James Neal
- Troy Brouwer
- Max Pacioretty (could be better, consistency is coming)
-Alex Bourret
-Brandon Dubinsky
- Brian Boyle
-Eric Fehr
- Slava Trukhno

Tier 3:

-J-F Jacques
?
?
?
?
thoughts?

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Tier 1:

-James van Riemsdyk
-Bobby Ryan
-Jack Skille
-Chris Stewart
-James Sheppard
- Milan Lucic
-Kyle Okposo

Tier 2:

- James Neal
- Troy Brouwer
-Alex Bourret
-Brandon Dubinsky
- Brian Boyle
-Eric Fehr
- Slava Trukhno

Tier 3:

-J-F Jacques
?
?
?
?
thoughts?

i think Oscar Osala is much more a powerforward than most of this guys.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Yes....Brule, Pouliot, and Bourdon have all gotten to the show. Hanzal has a chance to make Phoenix's roster this year. The rest are pretty much in Skille's position except Bourret, Zagrapan, Pokulok(worst pick ever??), McArdle, Lee.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Skille play in the NHL this year. He may not start the year in the NHL but he will get some playing time. Brule's 23 points in 85 games is not exactly impressive. Oh and Bourdon played 9 NHL games at the start of the year. You do realise that because Skille was a college player he doesn't have the opportunity to have 10 game try outs. Pouliot's 12 points in 54 NHL games isn't that impressive either.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver

Tier 1:

-James van Riemsdyk
-Bobby Ryan
-Jack Skille
-Chris Stewart
-James Sheppard
- Milan Lucic
-Kyle Okposo

Tier 2:

- James Neal
- Troy Brouwer
-Alex Bourret
-Brandon Dubinsky
- Brian Boyle
-Eric Fehr
- Slava Trukhno

Tier 3:

-J-F Jacques
?
?
?
?
thoughts?

Troy Brouwer should be in the top tier hes a better prospect than Lucic (he scored more in the AHL than Lucic did in the WHL).

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
When did Skille become a powerforward? Serious question.

When was the last time you watched him?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jack_skille

Talent Analysis

Skille is a great skater who displays good speed and quickness. He is a prototypical power forward who does a tremendous job on the forecheck. Even though he has the ability to bury the puck with skill, he isn’t the flashiest of players out there. He is a high-octane type of player who finds ways to get things done and is not afraid to get dirty.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2005-02-28-red-line_x.htm

Jack Skille: See above. Keeps getting better seemingly by the shift. He's a raging bull with terrific skill who dominates physically and scores insane goals in a variety of ways.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad