Best pound per pound fighter in the nhl

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Johansen isn't a fighter, Trouba isn't a fighter and Manson is decent, but i wouldn't say he "beat him up"
And? They all were bigger than Bennett. That’s impressive regardless if the player is a fighter or not. They dropped the gloves with Bennett.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Engelland might not be the best, but he'll fight two guys at a time if you really want him to.

Reactions: leetch99

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Unfortunately he doesn't really fight anymore.

giphy.gif

I've liked Eggs since his stint with us. Really good guy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
And? They all were bigger than Bennett. That’s impressive regardless if the player is a fighter or not. They dropped the gloves with Bennett.
Not really, it's not. He's had 9 career fights, and has won 3 of them, all against non fighters - Johansen, Trouba & De Sousa a while back who's actually smaller than he is, and a non fighter. Definitely not remotely close to being in the discussion.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
giphy.gif

I've liked Eggs since his stint with us. Really good guy.
I always liked him too. His fight with Orr was so memorable... He was getting tagged and then unloaded a punch from hell flooring Orr which was so unexpected at the time, haha.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Johansen isn't a fighter, Trouba isn't a fighter and Manson is decent, but i wouldn't say he "beat him up"

Yeah definitely not. Bennett got the early upper hand because he started teeing off while Manson was still trying to get into the original pileup. It's a win for Bennett due to the early advantage but let's not exaggerate.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah definitely not. Bennett got the early upper hand because he started teeing off while Manson was still trying to get into the original pileup. It's a win for Bennett due to the early advantage but let's not exaggerate.
I'm actually more inclined to give Manson the win in that fight to be honest.

MajinBo

Oct 1, 2015
BC
Ryan Reaves and Adam Mcquaid
Engelland is pretty tough too, but he doesn't fight as much anymore.
Kevin Bieksa is the best in his weight class.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
McQuaid is a dandy fighter too, however he doesn't fight the top tier dudes. That said, i think he blasts guys like Bieksa any day of the week. McQuaids power and stamina are top notch... just ask Matt Martin, he jumped the boards and challenged McQuaid at the end of his shift last season and got floored.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Peluso had any kind of actual hockey ability he is likely looking at challenging Reeves for title of top fighter and probably even beating him. Kid was one of the better fighters of this era but unfortunately he just doesn't hockey.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Do you understand what pound for pound means?

Milan Lucic is 6'3 236 pounds. Kevin Bieksa is 6' ~200 pounds. It would be embarrassing if Lucic lost to Bieksa.

Bieksa tears up guys in his own weight class and more than holds his own against bigger guys.
Apologize.....Did not realize the pound for pound thing....

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
How do people define "pound for pound"? Honestly, right now it's still Ryan Reaves.

People tend to just look at a smaller guy and say "pound for pound" which makes no sense...

Here's a smaller guy. " pound for pound " all time 5'9" 170lbs Garry Howatt would answer the bell ( how was that ?)

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Pound for pound??

-Ted Lindsay
-Johnny McKenzie
-Stan Jonathan
-Danny Gare
-Gary Howatt
-PJ Stock

All could, and did, pummel NHL heavyweight in their day. All looked like guys I could whip on the street.

All would whip my ass in reality.

Reactions: Mandar

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Best fighter : Bob Probert
Best pound for pound : Rick Rypien
Ironic
This,other HM's for pound for pound Mike Keane,Garth Butcher,Ron Delorme,Jordan Tootoo.People forget Mike Keane,he smashed Scott Hartnell when he was a rookie with Nashville.He wasn't very big but he had the speed of Rick Rypien.Rypien had that great boxer/counter puncher style,he used to train MMA with Kevin Bieksa(MR Supermanpunch also an MMA move originating from kickboxing)Darcy Hordichuk was another fighter that trained MMA(with Chuck Lidell and John Hackleman)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
In the past pound for pound is has to be Tie Domi. The guy was 5'8" but routinely took on 6'2+ guys with 50+ pounds on him and won.

Reactions: MordredGK

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Domi is a good answer as well as Jonathan in the sense they were both short and both fought in the Heavy weight division (meaning they both fought the biggest toughest guys night in night out).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad