Value of: Best Player Your Team Would Trade For the Oilers 2019 & 2020 2nd Round Picks?

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
A superstar? Are you sure your talking about Kapanen?

Or did you think I misspelled Marner as Kapanen?
No I got you. But Kapanen just had a 20 goal season in what is technically his sophomore NHL season, but was basically his rookie NHL season (first 40+ game NHL season). After dominating the AHL for the past two (partial) seasons. He's already a very good top 6 NHL forward and is sure to become a top line forward - possibly in his second full season.

I think Kapanen would cost at least what Reinhart cost.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not commenting on this specific valuation but I think Connor Brown would be a great get for the Oil. Fast, spirited, great defensively, prior chemistry with Connor McD, and could be had for relative cheap. I know homer Leafs fans like to bring up his 20g rookie season as reason why you should let us fleece you, but there is legitimate offensive skill there. He's a player who's very much been pigeonholed in a specific role for the past two years as a defensive player and I think he could be a very solid 40-50pt two way guy on a team like Edmonton.

I have time for Brown but not for an overpay and IMO a 2nd is an overpay for him.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Pretty much my ideal semi-realistic return for Miller.

I would consider it, but am curious if Gourde would be available for that same package. Or Gourde + Pacquette with adds from our side. Or Miller + Pacquette?

I know many will disagree with me, but I think we need to build this team from the ground up. I’d like to nab a guy like Pacquette via trade, a guy like Brandon Tanev in free agency, and roll with Tanev-Pacquette-Kassian as our 4th line.

As much as our top 6 was criticized, we still had 2 dynamos (Drai, McD) and one good player (Nuge) holding the fort. Our bottom 6 was a dog’s breakfast of waiver fodder.

Reactions: TFHockey

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I honestly can't think of any... After moving Nyquist, Detroit is literally a team that has players of either great value or no value at all.

Glendening might be worth ONE of Edmonton's 2nds, but Edmonton isn't really good enough yet to be trading decent picks for role players. That's for contenders looking to add depth.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Oscar Klefbom
Sam Gagner (cap dump)
2nd round pick

for

Philip Danault
Arturri Lehkonen

So firstly Edmonton needs Klefbom (their top pair dman) way more than a couple mid 6 forwards. Secondly wee wouldnt want to include Gagner at negative value especially since hes been surprisingly good for us. That's just a bad proposal that doesnt take needs into effect.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Stop trying to get rid of Kerfoot! Once we have someone to replace him with then fine. But we really don't right now.

We don't yet, but Joe has to get upgrades this summer whether Kerf is still around or not. So I don't really see any point to waiting if we could get two high 2nds to use as bait instead.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I would consider it, but am curious if Gourde would be available for that same package. Or Gourde + Pacquette with adds from our side. Or Miller + Pacquette?

I know many will disagree with me, but I think we need to build this team from the ground up. I’d like to nab a guy like Pacquette via trade, a guy like Brandon Tanev in free agency, and roll with Tanev-Pacquette-Kassian as our 4th line.

As much as our top 6 was criticized, we still had 2 dynamos (Drai, McD) and one good player (Nuge) holding the fort. Our bottom 6 was a dog’s breakfast of waiver fodder.
I doubt Gourde would be available for the same package and he actually will have an NTC of some kind when his new contract kicks in. While technically he could be traded, I doubt this is the organization that doesn't honor the spirit of the agreement (although a 1st round exit could change a lot of thinking).

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Connor Brown is getting traded for Matthew Benning this summer.
This would be too fitting. Two teams with needs at RW and RD trade each other each but are completely just depth players and not anything they actually need. This is Coiler/Laugh territory of reality

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad