Value of: Best Player Your Team Would Trade For the Oilers 2019 & 2020 2nd Round Picks?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Every now and then teams get a good return for 1 or 2 2nd round picks. Assuming that we keep our 8th OA pick and instead look to mortgage our 2nd rounders for immediate help, what kind of player(s) would you offer up?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Every now and then teams get a good return for 1 or 2 2nd round picks. Assuming that we keep our 8th OA pick and instead look to mortgage our 2nd rounders for immediate help, what kind of player(s) would you offer up?
The type of return you’re looking at is Lars Eller-esque, only slightly better.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Kapanen is worth about that much. He'd be a great add.

Nothing in this thread so far is enticing...
Kapanen himself was a Late 1ST RD pick who’s made a nice season for himself in the NHL. You need to ground your expectations quite a bit.

Also there’s the whole Oilers/Beggars/Choosers thing.

Reactions: kp61c and MisterT

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Seems like an overpay IMO.

Not commenting on this specific valuation but I think Connor Brown would be a great get for the Oil. Fast, spirited, great defensively, prior chemistry with Connor McD, and could be had for relative cheap. I know homer Leafs fans like to bring up his 20g rookie season as reason why you should let us fleece you, but there is legitimate offensive skill there. He's a player who's very much been pigeonholed in a specific role for the past two years as a defensive player and I think he could be a very solid 40-50pt two way guy on a team like Edmonton.

Last edited:

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
Kapanen is worth about that much. He'd be a great add.

Nothing in this thread so far is enticing...
I mean, 2nd round picks are lottery tickets, not even likely NHL players... as an example, it took Edmonton giving the 16th and 33rd overall picks to get back Griffin Reinhart. So I don't think two seconds is gonna get back a superstar.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I mean, 2nd round picks are lottery tickets, not even likely NHL players... as an example, it took Edmonton giving the 16th and 33rd overall picks to get back Griffin Reinhart. So I don't think two seconds is gonna get back a superstar.
A superstar? Are you sure your talking about Kapanen?

Or did you think I misspelled Marner as Kapanen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad