Best player not currently in the NHL

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Panarin outproduced McDavid in his rookie season, though. And McJesus was better, than Jack Hughes.
Are you kidding? McDavid had a broken collar bone and only played 45 games that season... Still had 48 points in 45 games though.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Jack Hughes is probably the only guy not in the NHL, I would bet money on scoring over 50 points next year.

It is a weird balance to measure, because there are Euro's who own their respective leagues but their games aren't transferable to NA ice for whatever reasons (too slow/small, play too much perimeter, etc).

Would Hughes walk over to the KHL right now and be the best player in the league? Probably not. But, would the best KHL player outproduce Hughes if both were in the NHL? That's highly debatable.
LOL Jack the 17.y.o. Hughes vs. Gusev. Oh the level of NA bias. This so so hilarious. No doubt Hughes might be the next best superstar going forward, but right now Gusev is easily on Panarin's level. Panarin has scored 77pts in his first year in the NHL. You want to tell me Hughes could do that as a 17.yo.?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
your claim is still laughable
Yeah, because when a highly hyped KHLer comes over, he automatically better than the best rookie or non-NHLer. Was Dadanov better than Barzal? Slepeshev couldn't crack Vegas's top 6. Zaitsev the best D in the KHL was outplayed by Werenski. Radulov who was formally considered the best player in the KHL or not in the NHL was outscored by Matthews, Laine, Marner, and Nylander his first year back.

I love your claims of bias, because you are arguably by far the most biased and pro-Russia poster on this board.

Last edited:

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Mozyakin is still really good. To bad the NHL never got to see him at his best. Kaprizov is also good, but the best right now is Gusev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad