Jan 2, 2014
1, Kaprizov
2. Gusev
3. Shestyorkin
4. J. Hughes
5. Q. Hughes

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, because when a highly hyped KHLer comes over, he automatically better than the best rookie or non-NHLer. Was Dadanov better than Barzal? Slepeshev couldn't crack Vegas's top 6. Zaitsev the best D in the KHL was outplayed by Werenski. Radulov who was formally considered the best player in the KHL or not in the NHL was outscored by Matthews, Laine, Marner, and Nylander his first year back.

I love your claims of bias, because you are arguably by far the most biased and pro-Russia poster on this board.
I am one of the very few russian posters out of Russia on this board(few as in maybe 2-3 at the most) and as such basically by accident the voice of reason kicking you out of the cosy little NA biased world with it all so comfortable narratives, because I tell you what it all looks like from a different perspective. I am not biased. If you would follow my post you'd know I stated for numerous times what my priorities are. I do follow russian players closely. Otherwise I have zero interest in the NHL, because it is just a foreign league playing for some trophies meaningless to me. To me the NHL is one of the developmental leagues to a team that matters the most to me - the russian NT.

I am pro-RUSSIA :laugh:, but you say it like it's a bad thing... Yes, I am. Problem, officer?

That doesn't mean I am biased when evaluating players. What's the benefit? I want the best players to play for team Russia, not the most praised and hyped. And what could I possibly achieve by talking down foreign players? Do the coaches listen to me and bench them based on my HF posts?

I can tell you exactly though why you are biased. Let's dissect your post.

You talk of "highly hyped KHLers". Why? Why not about the actually good/great/whatever KHLers? Hyped by whom too? Well obviously it fits your agenda better, because as everywhere there are players who get the hype and are not worth it.

You somehow make it a clear KHL vs. NHL thing right away. Again, why? Nobody said the best player not in the NHL should automatically be a KHL player. It's you who tries to put it that way. I never said a word about leagues and how being in the KHL makes Gusev better for instance. I an talking about players I watch and know, not about leagues. Again it fits your agenda to turn it into some useless leagues comparison, so you can come up with some baseless claims about SOME KHL players. You again pick just the ones that "fit" your claim, while they actually don't.

You pick Dadonov vs. Borzal. Hmmm, so a 16th overall who was considered an unjustified dropper was right away better than a former 3rd rounder? I use the NHL logic here going by NHL draft picks on purpose, so you can't say it's some russian bias. Even while NHL scouts aren't perfect machines and make mistakes, they do know a thing or two, don't you agree? So the talent level we are talking about here is very different. Then what's about your "highly hyped" thing? Who has ever hyped up Dadonov? He never was the best nor close to best in the KHL. Was there so much hype about him in NA I am not aware of? He was thought to be the 3rd best player on the Panarin - Shipachyov - Dadonov line with Panarin being clearly better and him and Shipachyov being a bit of a coin toss, but everybody knew Dadonov is better suited for the NA game. I can't remember a single time when Dadonov would be called the best in the KHL. So where was that hype? Yet you compare him to Borzal who is the biggest surprise rookie of the decade probably(to North Americans just as much as to everybody else. He was to be good, but not that good right away). And then again, Borzal played in juniors after his draft, he was 20 when he's had his breakout rookie season and you claim a 17y.o. who isn't even drafted is the best player not in he NHL right here and now. You don't see a problem with that?

Whoever you mean by Slepeshev, probably Shipachyov... What Shipachyov couldn't crack was GMGM's and NA coaches stupidity who first signed a player to a considerable one-way contract and then never gave him the time and space to get going to even evaluate him properly. If they didn't think of him highly why did they sign him to such a contract? Obviously a 30y.o. vet you can't treat like a 18y.o. teenager. It's on Vegas that they've lost an asset without even trying to make it work. On the ice I couldn't possibly see any proof Shipachyov belogs in the league or not, because there basically wasn't enough time to evaluate anything. And jumping to conlusions after 2-3 games is what HF does a lot, but it's really silly.

Slepyshev on the other hand is a good example of what I am preaching all the time. From start to finish. He was overhyped by NA scouts. He was among leaders on the WJC team, but only due to a surprisingly poor crop of forwards. The only other stadout was Buchnevich who was way worse at the time, is a late bloomer and has developed in leaps in the KHL, but after that season. Grigorenko also was nothing to write home about as he steadily started declining in NA after his good performance alongside Kucherov with Red Army. And then they finished off his negative develpment quite successfully in Buffalo trying to turn him into a 3rd liner(I never understood why they drafted him. He was so wrong on that particular team). That WJC team did quite well, but because they had Vasilevsky behind them and a rather deep D. To make the long story shorter Slepyshev has become exactly what he was projected to become a rather prototypical 3rd liner. Oh, and does he rip the KHL apart after his return? No, he is a 3rd liner in the KHL. No idea why many people in Edmonton expected anything better than that out of him. At least he wasn't drafted too high.

Zaytsev was never the best D-man in the KHL. Where did you get that? Again some NA hype-mill? The best russian D-man in the KHL at some point maybe, but there is a difference. Then you just like that disregard the universally known fact that there is a bigger gap between the KHL and the NHL on the D. As well as the fact that Russia struggles developing defencemen lately. So Orlov and Zaytsen being the best of their crop out of Russia doesn't mean they are in the same tier as the best D-prospects out there. Orlov is slowly turning the corner, Zaytsev is way better than Toronto fans picture him to be, but he is still a solid top 4 D-man and that's what was to be expected. Werenski on the other hand was always a top notch prospect. Why don't you compare him to Provorov at least? Btw they are both products of the same development system. It speaks volumes about how successful the US defencemen development is now. And if you want to know Provorov is still a tad better than Werenski.

Radulov was formally considered what? Best player in the KHL. Maybe. Not unanimously for sure. But again what does that have to do with best outside the NHL? We are not talkng about league. I never claimed the best KHL player(which I never find something certain, I don't like that pure NA talk about The Best) is necessarily the best player outside the NHL. If you'd gve it an efort you'd know why Radulov performed in the NHL the way he performed. But don't tell me 17y.o. top prospects would outscore him in his prime playing in the same league. And I am not even starting the discussion of evaluating playes by points alone.

You are picking examples that fit your bill. I could pick those proving the opposite. So what? This dicussion is about best player right here and now. And I doubt Hughes is that at 17.

P.S. I was a big Laine fan even before the draft.

P.P.S. Learn to spell players names properly. I get it with rookies, but people who can't spell names of vets and even stars who were in the NHL for more than a decade I find puzzling. Who the hell are those McDovod, Krosbi and Matyews guys, right? Stumbling over a Federov again and again is really hilarious on HF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wiiings

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, because when a highly hyped KHLer comes over, he automatically better than the best rookie or non-NHLer. Was Dadanov better than Barzal? Slepeshev couldn't crack Vegas's top 6. Zaitsev the best D in the KHL was outplayed by Werenski. Radulov who was formally considered the best player in the KHL or not in the NHL was outscored by Matthews, Laine, Marner, and Nylander his first year back.

I love your claims of bias, because you are arguably by far the most biased and pro-Russia poster on this board.

Radulov doesn't look any worse than Marner right now at age 32, though...

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Vesa Toskala
25k7m37.jpg

Reactions: sebsisles

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Hutchinson is #2 in the Panthers at the moment, following Luongo's injury. And isn't Pickard in the Flyers?

Yes, but Hutchinson is going back to the AHL (and maybe on waivers?) once Luongo returns. I think I heard on some podcast that the timetable is 4-6 weeks. I don't know how long Neuvirth will be out for the Flyers, but I'm pretty sure Pickard ranks as their #3 goalie when they are healthy. But I guess that could change with how inconsistant both Elliot and Neuvirth are. Anyway, the point is there's always a couple of backup calibre goaltenders who finds themselves in the minors or in Europe every year.

Wiiings

Sep 6, 2018
I am one of the very few russian posters out of Russia on this board(dew as in maybe 2-3 at the most) and as such basically by accident the voice of reason kicking you out of the cosy little NA biased world with it all so comfortable narratives, bacause I tell you what it all looks like feom a different perspective. I am not biased. If you would follow my post you'd know I stated numerous times what my peioeities are. I do follow russian players closely. Otherwise I have zero interest in the NHL, because it is just a foreign league playing for some trophies meaningless to me. To me the NHL is one of the developmental leagues to a team that matters the most to me - the russian NT.

I am pro-RUSSIA :laugh:, but you say it like it's a bad thing... Yes, I am. Problem officer?

That doesn't mean I am biased when evaluating players. What's the benefit? I want the best players to play for team Russia, not the most praised and hyped. And what could I possibly achieve by taking down foreign players? Do the coaches listen to me and bench them based on my HF posts?

I can tell you exactly though why you are biased. Let's dissect your post.

You talk of "highly hyped KHLers". Why? Why not about the actually good/great/whatever KHLers? Hyped by whom too? Well obviously it fits your agenda better, because as everywhere there are players who get the hype and are not worth it.

You somehow make it a clear KHL vs. NHL thing right away. Again, why? Nobody said the best player not in the NHL should automatically be a KHL player. It's you who tries to put it that way. I never said a a word about leagues and how being in the KHL makes Gusev better for instance. I an tlikng about players I watch and know, not about leagues. Again it fits your agenda to turn it into some uselsee leagues comparison, so you can come up with some baseless claims about SOME KHL players. You again pick just the ones that "fit" your claim, while they actually don't.

You pick Dadonov vs. Borzal. Hmmm, so a 16th overall who was considered an unjustified dropper was right away better than a former 3rd rounder? I use the NHL logic here going by NHL draft picks on purpose, so you can't say it's some russian bias. Even while NHL scouts aren't perfect machines and make mistakes, they do know a thing or two, don't you agree? So the talent level we are talking about here is very different. hen waht's about your "highly hyped" thing? Who has ever hyped up Dadonov? He never was the best nor close to best in the KHL. Was there so much hype about him in NA I am not aware of? He was thought to be the 3rd best player on the Panarin - Shipachyov - Dadonov line with Panarin being clearly better and him and Shipachyov being a bit of a coin toss, but everybody knew Dadonov is better suited for the NA game. I can't remember a single time when Dadonov would be called the best in the KHL. So where was that hype? Yet you compare him to Barzal who is the biggest surprise rookie of the decade probably(to North Americans just as much as to everybody else. He was to be good, but not that good right away). And then again, Borzal played in juniors after his draft, he was 20 when he's had his breakout rookie season and you claim a 17y.o. who isn't even drafted is the best player not in he NHL right here and now. You don't see a problem with that?

Whoever you mean ny Slepeshev, probably Shipachyov... What Shipachyov couldn't crack was GMGM's and NA coaches stupidity who first signed a player to a csiderable one-way contract and then never gave him the time and space to get going to even evaluate him proüerly. Obviously a 30y.o. vet you can't treat like a 18y.o. teenager. It's on Vegas that they've lost an asset without even trying to make it work. On the ice I couldn't possibly see any proof Shipachyov beloges in the league or not, because there basically wasn't enough time to evaluate anything. And jumping to conlusions after 2-3 games is what HF does a lot, bit it's really silly.

Slepyshev on the other hand is good example of what I am preaching all the time. From start to finish. He was overhyped ny NA scouts. He was among leader on the WJC team, but only due to a surprisingly poor crop of forwards. The only other stadout was Buchnevich who was way worse at the time, is a late bloomer and has developed in leaps in the KHL, but after that season. Grigorenko also was nothing to write home about as he steadily started declining in NA after his good performance alongside Kucherov with Red Army. Andthen they finished off his negative develpment quite auccessfully in Buffalo trying to turn him into a 3rd liner(I never understood why they drafted him. He was so wrong on that particular team). That WJC team did quite well, but because they had Vasilevsky behind them and a rather deep D. To make the long story shorter Slepyshev has become eaxctly what he was projected to become a rather prototypical 3rd liner. Oh, and does he rip the KHL apart after his return? No, he is a 3rd liner in the KHL. No idea why many people in Edmonton expected anything better than that out of him. At least he wasn't drafted too high.

Zaytsev was never the best D-man in the KHL. Where did you get that? Again some NA hype-mill? The best russian D-man in the KHL at some point maybe, but there a difference. Then you just like that disregard the universally known fact that there is a bigger gap between the KHL and the NHL on the D. As well as the fact that Russia struggles developing defencemen lately. So Orlov and Zaytsen being the best of their crop out of Russia doesn't mean they are in the same ter as the best D-prospects out there. Orlov is slowlyy turning the corner, Zaytsev is way better than Toronto fans picture him to be, but he is still a solid top 4 D-man and that's what was to be expected. Werenski on the other hand was always a top notch prospect. Why don't you compare him to Provorov at least? Btw they are both products of the same development system. speks volumes about how successful the US defencemen development is now. And if you want to know Provorov is still a tad better than Werenski.

Radulov was formally considered what? Best player in the KHL. Maybe. Not unanimously for sure. But again what does that have to do with best utside the NHL? We are not talkng about league. I never claimed the best KHL player(which I never find something certain, O don't like that pure NA talk about The Best) is necessarily the best player outside the NHL. If you'd gve it an efort you'd know why Radulov performed in the NHL the ay he performed. But don't tell me 17y.o. top prospects would outscore him in his prime playing in the same league. And I am not even starting the discussion of evaluating player by points alone.

You are picking exanples that fit your bill. I couls pick this proving the opposite. So what? This dicussion is about best player right here and now. And I doubt Hughes is that at 17.

P.S. I was a big Laine fan even befre the draft.

P.P.S. Learn to spell players names properly. I get it with rookies, but people who can't spell names of vets and even stars who were in the NHL for more than a decade I find puzzling. Who the hell are those McDovod, Krosbi and Matyews guys, right? Stumbling over a Federov again and again is really hilarious on HF.
You destroyed him. That's how you defend yourself!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad