Post-Game Talk: Best Player in the World: Shawn Messiah. Bestows a shutout for Lack

Status
Not open for further replies.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Who says this ?

I think if anything, people have said the Canuck's defense lacks depth. Which is does, regardless of how well the depth guys are playing now.

Seems like we have 7 capable defensemen on the roster, and maybe 8 or 9 depending on the level of play Corrado and Sanguinetti offer. Sbisa's play helps ease qualms about our defense. I still feel our team lacks an offensive punch from the blue line that elite teams have. If we buy this year, I have to think that Benning will look at acquiring an offensive defenseman to help our powerplay.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
When I heard Willie was starting Lack tonight I thought to myself - he's either gonna look very smart or very foolish. But a shutout for Lack? Willie is elevated to genius status.
Wille, or Miller? Miller was the one who lobbied to start in Washington and give Lack the game tonight.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Had the score ruined for me so I only watched two periods. Saw that Hansen was promoted to the third line for a few shifts in a row, wondering if that continued.

Regardless, very happy to see Richardson and Matthias have great nights. Pens came in top heavy and our bottom 6 took them to school. If Kassian can come back strong the potential for that line is really high.

Richardson needed this game imo

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Had the score ruined for me so I only watched two periods. Saw that Hansen was promoted to the third line for a few shifts in a row, wondering if that continued.

Regardless, very happy to see Richardson and Matthias have great nights. Pens came in top heavy and our bottom 6 took them to school. If Kassian can come back strong the potential for that line is really high.

Richardson needed this game imo

Didn't last, Hansen was back on the Horvat-Dorsett line in the 3rd.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Yeah, but he was "good enough"
Miller is playing too many games. To play him again is fool hardy. Even if Lack had a bad game, they should leave leave Miller on the shelf a bit and let him catch his breath.

Maybe then we can get some better than average goaltending.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I'm wondering if WD comes back with Miller. I think that's the choice he'll end up making, even if Lack just had a strong game. Question that comes up immediately if Lack gets another shutout if played next is who then starts after that.

Wonder if that's something that's at all on WD mind, wanting to squash any chance of a controversy this early in the season.

Now if Miller has another bad game on Saturday and they play Lack in Montreal and he plays another great game... the question will come up again.

NetMapel

May 27, 2014
This team kind of reminds me of the 2009-2010 Canucks team. That team looked quite promising but will occasionally get blown out by great teams like Chicago. Lots of positives but there's always a shadow "looming".

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Vey is getting every chance, because if he sits he probably won't get another chance

Yea maybe on the PP I agree shovelling him minutes but I can't agree at ES. Hansen has been very effective and thats coming from someone who was critical of Hansen early on. No way Hansen should be playing the lowest amount 5 on 5 ice time on the team, pretty unjustifiable really. I didn't hear the post-game, did any of our intrepid media ask Willy what up wit dat, @botchford?

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Domination almost to the point of making it a boring game. I know the Pens have some key injuries, but their top players playing didn't provide much push back.

Yay Lack!

Yay Matthias + Richardson!

As good a game as can be hoped for from top to bottom. 6 points in 4 games on this road trip.

If Pitt wants to shuffle their roster a bit, I would listen to something built around Jensen for Ehrhoff. Get KB3 to waive, I'll throw him in too.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
There is a true silver lining in looking at the standings and then seeing that the team got no player at all on the top 5 stats display (except Miller for SO and wins).

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This team kind of reminds me of the 2009-2010 Canucks team. That team looked quite promising but will occasionally get blown out by great teams like Chicago. Lots of positives but there's always a shadow "looming".

Reason we got blown out cause Luongos mental fragile ass loomed quite large against Chicago..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad