OT: Best Pizza in Vancouver? (delivery)

KISSland

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah me-n-eds is quite good.

The Me-N-Eds Combo is my favourite, get the anchovies and jalapenos on it as well; one of the better pizzas I have ever had.

Boom.

I went there once after class with couple of my friends. We had the godfather, the mexican, and some other one. It was really good, but I personally wouldn`t say the best in Van(or lower mainland.)

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I went there once after class with couple of my friends. We had the godfather, the mexican, and some other one. It was really good, but I personally wouldn`t say the best in Van(or lower mainland.)

Probably not, especially when you factor in price but it is pretty damn good.

I find Vancouver's pizza scene quite up and down, a lot of pizza restaurants are really good, then kind of fall of the map. At least Me-N-Eds is pretty consistent.

I remember this one place called Leonardo's in a little mall on I think Commercial and First Ave. My uncle took me there when I was younger and it was the freaking bomb. First time I ever had capers and it blew my mind. I went again and it was really good again. But then I went back a couple years later and it was garbage, and still had high prices. Since then, the place has completely fell off the map.

MISC*

Anybody that said: Fresh Slice, Numero Uno, Pizza Hut, Dominos or Mega Bite should really be ashamed of themselves.

That isn't pizza. That's garbage. It's like calling a Big Mac a quality hamburger.

Also, if what you're eating is 70% pizza and 30% hot sauce and ranch, you no longer need to post in this thread.

This is real pizza:
dough.jpg

This is what fat North Americans call pizza;
Bacon-Mushroom-Pizzeria-Pizza-59211B.jpg

Raggazzi Pizza on 22nd Ave is as close to authentic pizza you'll eat. Thin crust, light cheese and fresh tomato sauce.

KISSland

Jan 30, 2012
Probably not, especially when you factor in price but it is pretty damn good.

I find Vancouver's pizza scene quite up and down, a lot of pizza restaurants are really good, then kind of fall of the map. At least Me-N-Eds is pretty consistent.

I remember this one place called Leonardo's in a little mall on I think Commercial and First Ave. My uncle took me there when I was younger and it was the freaking bomb. First time I ever had capers and it blew my mind. I went again and it was really good again. But then I went back a couple years later and it was garbage, and still had high prices. Since then, the place has completely fell off the map.

I completely agree. I'll still say the best is making it at home. You can just do so many things and use your own creativity. One of my favorite pizzas I've ever made was from left over Chinese food. I had bbq pork, broccoli, beef, sweet and sour and some ginger chicken and put it all on a home made pizza crust. Put a bit of chives, some red peppers on it and I was surprised how tasty it was.

Anybody that said: Fresh Slice, Numero Uno, Pizza Hut, Dominos or Mega Bite should really be ashamed of themselves.

That isn't pizza. That's garbage. It's like calling a Big Mac a quality hamburger.

Also, if what you're eating is 70% pizza and 30% hot sauce and ranch, you no longer need to post in this thread.

This is real pizza:
dough.jpg

Raggazzi Pizza on 22nd Ave is as close to authentic pizza you'll eat. Thin crust, light cheese and fresh tomato sauce.

This isn't true. You can't classify one style of pizza as being "real" pizza over the other. There's different takes on pizzas from different regions of the world.

You just enjoy one over the other that's all.

I've had pizza from Italy before, it is great, real fresh, and light, and actually healthy if you look at it. It's hard to make it like that because of the way they cook the pizza in those fireplace ovens(don't remember the word for it.)

I do agree those franchise pizzas aren't anything to write home about. It's just fast food pizza.

MrFantastic74

Jan 20, 2011
Dick's Lumber
Neighbours Restaurant (Victoria and 49th) makes all ingredients from scratch and it's super good. Their pizza will be featured on the show "You Gotta Eat Here" on the Food Network next week. Not sure if they deliver, tho.

KISSland

Jan 30, 2012
Neighbours Restaurant (Victoria and 49th) makes all ingredients from scratch and it's super good. Their pizza will be featured on the show "You Gotta Eat Here" on the Food Network next week. Not sure if they deliver, tho.

The Greek owner is one of my dads friends. I'll ask my dad to ask him to. Tell us when and get some tv time. :laugh:

Their wings and pizza is good. Everything else, meh.

craigcaulks*

I was coming here to say just that. Emilio's has gotta be up there.
Ocean Park Pizza rocks too, but I only know of 2 good ones. The original in OP and the one on King George by Rona that is run by the same family. The other OP pizzas I've seen are cheap (very, very, very much so) knockoffs.

And Bertolucci's? Really? Never thought too much of em, but getting anything 2for1 helps.

Necrobump, sorry.

Just googled Emilio's to call and saw this. It really has to be one of the best pizzas in town.

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
beethovens pizza in burnaby (bainbridge and lougheed) makes a pretty good deep dish, but they dont deliver :(

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Me 'N' Eds FTW ... It's the Eurostyle on roids. I find European style... meh. (The crust is good but the toppings minimal albeit typically higher quality.) Me 'N' Eds has a brick brick oven crust and heaps of toppings.

For the aforementioned, European style, traditional pizza:

Versace by Stadium Skytrain, right beside T&T Market. Excellent traditional.

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011

This is real pizza:
dough.jpg

There's no denying that thin crust pizza is tasty, but anybody who can't appreciate North American style pan pizza should be sent the the gulag. Hating it is basically a dead giveaway of being a stinking communist.

Last edited:

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
John's Party Pizza….my father owned it. Best Pizza in Vancouver circa 1987... May he R.I.P. and yes, I do hold his secret recipe. Much love to my Dad and his Pizza fans

Haha this is a pretty good sneaky adverstising campaign.

Why is pizza so trendy now? Yes it's good. It's not THAT good.

Pizza is and always will be trendy!

Also, if you're in North Van, try Hell Pizza's chicken satay pizza (I think it was called "the Mayhem". Just wonderful :)

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Me n Ed's all the way.

Want to add that Nat's pizza and NYC pizza in general is the most overrated thing ever. It's just a big greasy crust with crappy toppings. The owners couldn't find NYC on a map if it hit them in the ass.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC

This is real pizza:
dough.jpg

Snob alert.

One can like different varieties of the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad