Value of: Best Offer (any) for these Canuck Players to your team

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Didn't want to bring Tanev up as the OP left him out, but since he's now part of the conversation...
Toronto
Tanev

Vancouver
1st
2nd
2nd/prospect
I left Tanev out because his trade speculation between Vancouver and Toronto would just send this topic into a black hole of bickering between Tanev's value/injury history lol.

Your offer is more generous then most Leaf fans tho so I respect that offer. :)

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
19 and a 3rd in 2019 is our best offer.
I believe Vancouver fans are starting to really appreciate Tanev's value more than before. I would say that is probably pretty fair value given the 19 is not a late 1st in the 23-31 range. If the third was a second I see next to no real roadblocks in it all. Do you guys have any right-handed D prospect or promising top 6 LWer you could toss in or swap out the 3rd for? Vancouver is really hurting for a right handed D man and a top line LWer. I would imagine we address one of those needs this draft with the 7th overall. (even if that is a wahlstrom a RWer at 7)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With Demko looking right on the verge, is Markstrom possibly available and at what sort of cost?

member 157595

I left Tanev out because his trade speculation between Vancouver and Toronto would just send this topic into a black hole of bickering between Tanev's value/injury history lol.

Your offer is more generous then most Leaf fans tho so I respect that offer. :)
Leaving out the homers on both sides I know in my heart there's a deal to be made between our two teams for Tanev. Tanev is a perfect partner for Morgan Rielly (when healthy) and we have pieces that could help a Vancouver rebuild.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
40th for Baertschi is fair.

I’d like to see what would be offered for
Granlund
Gagner
Baertschi
Tanev
Guddy
Edler
Nilsson
Sutter

If any reasonable deals for these guys were available it might be best to move on

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How are Vancouver fans feeling about Gagner? Would you be willing to retain salary and move him for a very small return? For example, would a 2019 7th rounder for Gagner at 50% retention be tempting? Or would the pick have to be higher and/or the retention lower?

dayner

May 23, 2017
How are Vancouver fans feeling about Gagner? Would you be willing to retain salary and move him for a very small return? For example, would a 2019 7th rounder for Gagner at 50% retention be tempting? Or would the pick have to be higher and/or the retention lower?

For that you might as well keep him, put him in a better position to succeed this year and offload him at the TDL

dayner

May 23, 2017
I’d do a 2019 4th for Gagner @50%. I’m a Yotes fan. I liked him and was sad to see him go. We don’t have a 4th this year. And we’re broke.

I do wonder the status of some of your prospects that are still in the AHL.

Nick Merkley lets say. Was a ppg in with Tuscon but does he really have a place in the NHL? Yotes have good centre depth, especially is Strome makes it next year and I dont think Merkley as a bottom 6 winger would work for him. So what about

Merkley
Cap Dump.....which you don't really have

for

Gagner (50%) retained

Edit: Maybe Kruger as a cap dump depending on your clubs stance on him

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
none of those guys are worth much.
Baertschi maybe a 2nd + B prospect at the deadline.
Hutton might bring a 2nd to a team that believes he has upside.
the others mid rd picks

leafs offer their 2018 1st,carrick and choice of prospect among Bracco/Nielsen/Timashov for Tanev

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Nick Merkley lets say. Was a ppg in with Tuscon but does he really have a place in the NHL? Yotes have good centre depth, especially is Strome makes it next year and I dont think Merkley as a bottom 6 winger would work for him. So what about

Merkley

for

Gagner (50%) retained

you arent getting one of the yotes top prospects for sam gagner.

would you do juolevi for a retained demers? doesnt make too much sense for a rebuilding club huh?

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018

Merkley

for

Gagner (50%) retained

You would pay Nick Merkley for him with 50% retained? I would be in board if Jim believed Merkley had some upside.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016

I think Gagner is worth more than that at 50% salary. I would rather just get the cap completely off the books after next year so we can be more flexible in 2019 free agency.

How was Kruger last year and how do you value him compared to Gagner?

rt

May 13, 2004
I think Gagner is worth more than that at 50% salary. I would rather just get the cap completely off the books after next year so we can be more flexible in 2019 free agency.

How was Kruger last year and how do you value him compared to Gagner?
We just traded for Kruger like two weeks ago. We’re not trading him now. Makes no sense. Anyway, we moved our 4th line LW for him and Carolina gave us their 3rd. The pick had the most value of the three pieces in the trade. So I guess that means Carolina felt Kruger had negative value. After all, he did clear waivers and they did retain salary in the deal.

rt

May 13, 2004

Merkley

for

Gagner (50%) retained

No chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad