Value of: Best Offer (any) for these Canuck Players to your team

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
19th pick from Philly for Tanev
Your 14th pick would do the trick likely without much question. With the 19th though would you as a fan feel comfortable adding a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Let me know how you feel about that. :D Curious if that would still peak your interest.

Edit: We would gladly accept your 2nd from pick from next years draft if you wish to spread the payment out. :) the draft is in Vancouver so more picks for the fans the better.

Last edited:

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Markus Granlund what does he expect for his next contract.
Ben Hutton what would be the ask for these to to the pens.
Granlund is probably worth a 2nd. He will likely be in the 1.5-2 mill range. Vancouver probably keeps Granlund over Baertschi but you never know. Hutton i a bit tricky. He is overpaid at the moment and has been called out by his coach for being out of shape. He has promised to dedicate the offseason to physical fitness and to return in the best shape ever. What his value is... is kinda tricky. Probably a 2nd and a 3rd/4th round pick. He has a lot of the tools you want in a D man but he hasn't applied himself much since making the team in the 2015 season. Now you could say that's pathetic but I find it quite remarkable he was able to consistently stay in the lineup.

Ben Hutton and Chris Tanev as a pairing had some of the best fancy stats as a pairing in their time together this season. But.. Jim Benning went out and got Travis Green's former D WHL Superstar in Derrick Pouliot. So as you look down the left side you have Edler, Del Zotto, Hutton, Pouliot, Juolevi, and Sautner all on the left side. Edler they won't move. Del Zotto has been called a "leader" in the room he likely stays until the deadline at least. Then it's between Hutton, Pouliot, and Juolevi. Pouliot has played the right side quite well. But I don't see him displacing any of Tanev, Gudbranson, or Stecher.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Your 14th pick would do the trick likely without much question. With the 19th though would you as a fan feel comfortable adding a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Let me know how you feel about that. :D Curious if that would still peak your interest.

Edit: We would gladly accept your 2nd from pick from next years draft if you wish to spread the payment out. :) the draft is in Vancouver so more picks for the fans the better.
19 and a 3rd in 2019 is our best offer.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I don't think Vancouver would give up on Hutton for that. Maybe if his offseason is absolutely terrible but I suspect he will be in better shape at training camp. We have Markstrom and Bachman both who have been serviceable when called upon. Markstrom will be our Mason. I know Vancouver wanted Mason until Winnipeg snapped him up. Vancouver might take his salary for you guys for a pick. Jim seems open to taking on salary / undesirable contracts for a small payment.

Is Winnipeg just looking to clear him out? or would you guys be happy to keep him around?
IMO it's not that the Jets want him out, he doesn't want to be a back up. He's right back where he was with the Flyers. At $4.1 million for just one year the Canucks could do it and if it works for them, move it forward from there.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
40th OA for Baer?
I think that is pretty fair. I like Baertschi, he has potential to be a 25-30 goal guy. At this stage of the rebuild, I think that taking a high 2nd to draft and develop a Dman is in our best interest. I think he would be really good with the Oilers.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
The Vancouver Canucks have been building depth via trades and drafting now for 4 seasons under GM Jim Benning. The team finally has enough depth where some players will not make the final cut. Our Coach Travis Green has been very picky about his player selections and wants guys he perceives he can win with.

With that said there will be a few decent depth players who may become available. Often young players need a change of scenery to make their mark in the NHL. Vancouver may have a few of those players. The following players are believed to be possibly available. I was curious what type of offers you guys would make from your team if you liked any of these assets.

Anders Nilsson 28 yr old - 2.5m / 1 year)
Ben Hutton (25 yr old - 2.8m / 2 years)
Brandan Gaunce (24 yr old - 750k / 2 years)
Markus Granlund (25 yr old - RFA)
Sven Baertschi (25 yr old - RFA)

Anders Nilsson would probably be available at the start of the season. If Demko beats him out of a job. If so Vancouver would likely retain salary to move him if a team came calling. The rest are slightly old kids in the 24/25 year range.

Ben Hutton was called out on his physical fitness and has promised an offseason of a lifetime. Gaunce may compete at camp but he was a solid 4th line player with some size and decent faceoff capabilities. One of Markus Granlund or Sven Baertschi will likely be traded. The team has added in Leipsic and Goldobin at the nhl level the past few years.

It would make sense for Vancouver to keep the younger players over these older guys. If you are interested in any of these guys let me know. :) Sven Baertschi has played top line minutes with Boeser and Horvat this season prior to a shoulder injury. Markus Granlund had a 19 goal season the year before playing in an offensive role. Coach Green played him on a shutdown line this year with Brandon Sutter.

Share your thoughts :D if you don't think any are worth it that is fine too.

cheers.

Hutton's needs to be changed to only 1 year- he's an RFA after next season.

We have players more crucial to team success that his cap hit could go towards. I'm not against bringing him back as long as his salary doesn't cost us somebody we need more than a backup goalie.

The only way we would take Mason on would be if Nilson is going the other way and we have someone lined up to take Mason at 50% retention. We don't need to add a goalie when we are already looking at making a roster spot for Demko. Maybe Nilson for Mason and Nic Petan? Petan used to play for Travis Green so it would make sense there while opening up some cap space for the Jets.

Basically we need some incentive to take him on otherwise there is no point.

Not enough, would need a B prospect coming back as well. Preferably a RHD.

40th OA for Baer?

I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Hutton's needs to be changed to only 1 year- he's an RFA after next season.

The only way we would take Mason on would be if Nilson is going the other way and we have someone lined up to take Mason at 50% retention. We don't need to add a goalie when we are already looking at making a roster spot for Demko. Maybe Nilson for Mason and Nic Petan? Petan used to play for Travis Green so it would make sense there while opening up some cap space for the Jets.

Basically we need some incentive to take him on otherwise there is no point.

Not enough, would need a B prospect coming back as well. Preferably a RHD.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat.
Didn't want to bring Tanev up as the OP left him out, but since he's now part of the conversation...
Toronto
Tanev

Vancouver
1st
2nd
2nd/prospect

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Didn't want to bring Tanev up as the OP left him out, but since he's now part of the conversation...
Toronto
Tanev

Vancouver
1st
2nd
2nd/prospect
I'd be fine with that- it's the Hamonic return which is what we have been asking for all along. Personally I would rather Rasanen just because I like his size. Plus it's equivalent with him being a 2nd round pick.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hutton for Steve Mason

No. No incentive for us.

Ouellet
Frk

For

Hutton

Also no thank you.

Depending on what granlund would command in free agency I’d take him as Boston’s 3C. Seems like he could play comparably to what riley Nash did this past season. If he wants to sign for 2 years 3.5-4.75 million or something total cost I’d give up lauzon and a 4th.

Lauzon and a 4th for Granlund? Sure. I'm not excited, but it's better then it could be.

Jo. Benn + 3rd pick vs Hutton

A worse, slower, more expensive defender and a 3rd? No thank you.

No thank you.

19 and a 3rd in 2019 is our best offer.

No thank you.

40th OA for Baer?

I feel Baertschi is more valuable to us then the 2nd round pick would be, so I would politely decline.

Toronto
Tanev

Vancouver
1st
2nd
2nd/prospect

Which prospect. Sure. Let's just end this whole Tanev thing.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No. No incentive for us.

Also no thank you.

Lauzon and a 4th for Granlund? Sure. I'm not excited, but it's better then it could be.

A worse, slower, more expensive defender and a 3rd? No thank you.

No thank you.

No thank you.

I feel Baertschi is more valuable to us then the 2nd round pick would be, so I would politely decline.

Which prospect. Sure. Let's just end this whole Tanev thing.
Bracco...Nielson...that can be hashed out later, nice doing business with ya.:thumbu:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Depending on what granlund would command in free agency I’d take him as Boston’s 3C. Seems liike he could play comparably to what riley Nash did this past season. If he wants to sign for 2 years 3.5-4.75 million or something total cost I’d give up lauzon and a 4th.

Why so much money for him? He had one good season. The rest is 4th line quality. I also am not giving up a top 4 potential defenseman + a pick.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Why so much money for him? He had one good season. The rest is 4th line quality. I also am not giving up a good top 4 potential defenseman + a pick.

I personally am very down on lauzon. 3rd between zboril, himself and UV. Just caught my mistake I meant 3.5-3.75 So like 1.75-1.85ish per year. And he gets that because of his good year. But after I was told he’s not good on the dot I’m kind of hesistant now. I always thought he was more of a good grinder 3c mold who can take draws

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I personally am very down on lauzon. 3rd between zboril, himself and UV. Just caught my mistake I meant 3.5-3.75 So like 1.75-1.85ish per year. And he gets that because of his good year. But after I was told he’s not good on the dot I’m kind of hesistant now. I always thought he was more of a good grinder 3c mold who can take draws

What have you seen of Lauzon that has you down on him? Also, thought you were confusing Markus with Mikael lol

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Injuries are a concern but I’d prefer to not move him for a borderline 3rd line forward.

Are you watching a lot of providence?

I saw 4 games online. Lauzon didn’t play in any. Injuries are a big concern. Every time he gets hurt he hits the pause button on his development. If he isn’t healthy all year next season he might not develop in time

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I saw 4 games online. Lauzon didn’t play in any. Injuries are a big concern. Every time he gets hurt he hits the pause button on his development. If he isn’t healthy all year next season he might not develop in time

Still not really ready to trade him for 4th liners. Also, you never responded to my Dvorak suggestion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad