Jan 13, 2015
Best pizza - Pizza Garden
Best burger - Vera's Stinger
Best sushi - Volcano Sushi
Best taco - Tacofino
Best steak - Hy's
Best Italian - Savio Volpe
Best Indian - Vij's
Best chinese - Cindy's Palace (not the best certainly, but my go to)
Best dim sum - Pink Pearl
best fried chicken - Down Low Chicken Shack (there is no debate here)
best hot pot/shabu shabu - (never been)
best korean bbq - Yook
best all you can eat - (haven't been recently enough - read: in years)

Best brewery - Luppolo/Temporal Artisan Ales
Best bar - Gold Bar - Vancouver Club
Best nightlife - under 25 spot (too old)
Best nightlife - 25- 35 spot (still too old)
Best nightlife - 35 + spot Keefer Bar
Best tourist spot you take your friends - Steveston Village
Favourite secret spot your willing to share - Mystery Lake
Favourite thing to do in the city - Beers at brewery with friends
If someone asked what the one must do thing to is in this city - Stanley Park

I live a block from Down Low. Can confirm.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Not sure if this counts but there used to be a great “health spa” (in quotations for a reason) on East Hastings named ISHQ. Lots of beautiful Persian and Asian women that were good at what they do. Unfortunately, they got raided by the police and were shut down apparently, but that place was awesome. Lots of great moments for Hindustan Smyl in that place back in the day.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Can anyone recommend me a good spot for jerk chicken? I tried Riddim & Spice on Commercial Drive and was disappointed. I got a good laugh that their menus say "best Jamaican food in BC"...like just saying Vancouver was not enough? They got greedy there.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Best sausage: Oyama Sausage at the Granville Island market. Everything they sell is amazing. Rotating variety of game sausages and kosher/halal selections. My personal favourites are the Beef with Guinness and the Okanagan Red Wine Lamb sausages. Fried those up and every single bite I take I'm saying: "Mmm, this is so good!!...Mmm, this is so good!!...Mmm, this is so good!!" Expensive, but worth it. Full deli, cheese and pate sections. Go early, take a number. So awesome.

Best Irish pub food: The Blarney Stone. Honorable Mention: Lennox Pub, Robson and Granville. Both have better Irish comfort food than anywhere in Ireland.

Best place to annoy teenage shoe salesmen: Metrotown Sportscheck. See if you can find the kid who insists the red Mizuno shoes are for volleyball only. Ask him what happens if you wear them for things other than volleyball.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Best place to annoy teenage shoe salesmen: Metrotown Sportscheck. See if you can find the kid who insists the red Mizuno shoes are for volleyball only. Ask him what happens if you wear them for things other than volleyball.

Ok the likelihood of me not only ending up at the metrotown sport chek is low enough, but remembering to search out that employee and ask him that is slim to none.

Will his head explode or what?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I was the pastor of a Chinese church for a year, and whenever they wanted to go out and eat really good chinese food, this is where they would take me.

It's all good, Phnom Penh has always been one of my favourites so that was a great recommendation by you. (except it will be super annoying for it to be any busier than it already is)

Point is that Phnom Penh is literally the name of the capital city of Cambodia and they mostly serve Cambodian food with a bit of Thai/Vietnamese. They're SEA not Chinese.

Reactions: ziploc

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Best sausage: Oyama Sausage at the Granville Island market. Everything they sell is amazing. Rotating variety of game sausages and kosher/halal selections. My personal favourites are the Beef with Guinness and the Okanagan Red Wine Lamb sausages. Fried those up and every single bite I take I'm saying: "Mmm, this is so good!!...Mmm, this is so good!!...Mmm, this is so good!!" Expensive, but worth it. Full deli, cheese and pate sections. Go early, take a number. So awesome.

Best Irish pub food: The Blarney Stone. Honorable Mention: Lennox Pub, Robson and Granville. Both have better Irish comfort food than anywhere in Ireland.

Oyama is the go to for a dinner ham around here too

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Gonna sprinkle a little New Westminster bias in my list. There's amazing food all over Metro Vancouver, and one couldn't possibly try it all, so shout out to some of the local joints.

Favourite pizza - Pizza Garden (for neopolitan), Papa Dave's (for homestyle), Pizzeria Ludica (for the games and ambiance)
Favourite burger - IT Char Burger (hidden gem in New West, little Korean grill with a wicked burger, who knew?), Burger Heaven (variety)
Favourite sandwich - Big Star
Favourite sushi - Victoria Sushi
Favourite izakaya - Zakkushi
Favourite ramen - Santouka and Marutama, (props to Kintaro as the closest ambiance to the ramen shops I've been to in Japan)
Favourite Mexican - Taqueria Playa Tropical (tacos), El Santo (other Mexican food)
Favourite steak - The Keg (I haven't tried Hy's or any other steakhouses yet actually)
Favourite Italian - Artusi
Favourite German - Old Bavaria Haus
Favourite Indian - Vij's
Favourite Chinese - Dinesty (Shanghai style and best overall variety), Peaceful and North Noodle House (noodles)
Favourite dim sum - Kirin
Favourite Taiwanese beef noodle soup - Red Beef Noodle
Favourite chicken wings - Phnom Penh
Favourite pho - Saigon Ivy
Favourite Asian BBQ - Gyu-kaku
Favourite fish and chips - Pajo's and Cockney Kings
Favourite brunch - Scandilicious (Vancouver), Angelina's (New West)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad