Calgary
I've never been a fan of PDOcast. But I like

Keeping Karlsson
Chiclets
The Fantasy Hockey Podcast
31 Thoughts

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Puck Soup is the only one I listen to regularly. I also like 31 Thoughts but it’s gotten too interview-heavy lately. Nothing bores me more than hearing actual professional hockey players talk.

Spittin Chiclets, I just can’t get into. Not a fan of the hosts.

Reactions: Faterson

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Spittin' Chiclets for me. The only place players seem to actually be themselves rather than just recall all their media training

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Puck Soup is easily my favorite but it is the one that talks about hockey the least. But as background noise I could have them on constantly and be at least mildly entertained no matter what they were discussing.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Puck Soup is great, I really like all 3 hosts. 31 thoughts is okay, some of Marek's mannerisms bother me and I hate any time they play extended highlight clips.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
The daily Game Misconduct with Don La Greca is my favorite. It has Hradek on every Monday. A bit Rangers-centric, but tolerable.

Hockey Central at Noon is officially an NHL podcast, but is insufferable due to its Leafs focus, covering every Leaf fart for 15 minutes, and then hastily covering all other NHL teams in 90 seconds. How can the people of Canada ever tolerate this? :huh:

The Puck Podcast from California is nice. So is TSN Hockey Analytics, although, again, quite a bit Leafs-centric. Face-off Hockey Show is nice. And as a Kings fan, I listen to All the Kings Men.

Spittin Chiclets have been offputting for me so far. Ex-players boasting about getting drunk and having sex, with condom ads interspersed? Duh.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Spittin Chiclets have been offputting for me so far. Ex-players boasting about getting drunk and having sex, with condom ads interspersed? Duh.

Ah, the hard truth when you realize most hockey players are the biggest "frat bros" out there and not some mythical gods who only care about hockey like some hfboards posters think... Biz and Whitney are what hockey players are, well younger ones are way more into video games but still. Not exactly a large pool of physicists in the NHL, just listen to a Mark Stone interview lol.

Reactions: sabresEH

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
In order of what i prioritize

HC12
Spittin Chiclets
31 Thoughts
Puck Soup
PDOcast
Full 60
Then, if i'm scraping for something to listen to, the Athletic podcast The Breakout

I'm a huge Jeff Marek stan, will listen to anything that guy has to say

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I struggle to find good ones outside of hockey, any you would recommend?

Kingpins (Drug lord Bios)

Armchair Experts (1-2 hour long episodes where they interview celebs and kind of a pseudo therapy session, Hader and Will Ferrel were the best)

Joe Rogan Experience (Just choose a guest you find interesting and listen)

Left, Right, and Center (U.S. Politics that is reasonably balanced)

Crime in Sports (Dark comedy Bios, Listen to recent OJ, they spend 5 minutes out 2 hours on the big case. Also do hockey players, cough cough Probert)

Small Town Murder (Same guys who do Crime in Sports, Dark Comedy Bios)

Podsave the World (World politics but does have a US liberal take on it)

Podsave America (Liberal slant on politics but pretty good)

Mueller She Wrote (Want to know about Trumps scandals and some jokes)

Behind the Bastards (1 to hour parts on famous scums)

Slow Burn (Deep dive into Nixon water gate and Clintons Blue Dress, season 3 will be about Pac and Biggie murders)

Pyscology in Seattle (Want to know human behavior, this is the one, also does profiles on famous people (usually scandalous) and GoT characters.

These are my main rotation.

Reactions: Yackiberg8

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Ah, the hard truth when you realize most hockey players are the biggest "frat bros" out there

That's not exactly news, is it? Which is why I don't need to listen to an extended version of it in a podcast format.

Give me some hockey news/analysis instead – that's what I can't replicate in my own life without the help of knowledgeable hockey broadcasters. (Whereas I hope everyone can have "fun" in their lives, whatever that may be, without relying on Spittin Chiclets.)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
31 Thoughts is not bad. A bit corporate obviously. PDOcast exists within a bubble a bit but it’s generally insightful with good guests. Chiclets is usually pretty entertaining besides the guys who aren’t actually former players. Steve Dangle’s podcast is produced well and is generally entertaining, but isn’t very insightful and super cringeworthy once they talk about anything besides hockey.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I struggle to find good ones outside of hockey, any you would recommend?
I'm of a younger generation so naturally I resort to Youtubers but those who actually have interesting stories. H3 Podcast has a wide, wide variety of guests who always bring their best opinions on current events and keep podcasts interesting. I would recommend checking out their (H3) podcasts with Chris D'Elia and Jordan Peterson.

The other I follow is Misfits podcast, which is a podcast that consists of 6 YouTubers who are from different countries but currently reside in Australia where they produce the podcast. Its highlight is the very first episode, #1, Poland Story which gives a full picture of what they're like. This stuff is very rowdy but entertaining in a way where no one is being distasteful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yackiberg8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad