Best NHL podcast?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Here's what I listen to:

31 Thoughts: The Podcast (Jeff Marek and Elliote Friedman)
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplin
Hockey PDOcast (Demitri Filipovic)

And a local Sharks Podcast called Dudes on Hockey.

I know of a few others like Puck Soup and the Steve Dangle podcast but I don't listen to those.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It depends on your flavour.

Spittin chiclets is awesome if you like jock talk, mixed in with player letting their guard down and telling stories.

There's podcasts out there focusing on analytics, if that's your thing.

31 thoughts is pretty good for talking about current events and their aftermath.

I guess we can't answer this question without further details as to what you want out of your podcast.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
the ones i listen to regularly are:

31 thoughts the podcast
pulp hockey with ray ferraro
hockey central at noon
tsn hockey bobcast

they all offer different perspectives and opinions which is never bad

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You know who really should have their own nhl podcast? EJ Hradek. I think he’s perfect for that type of thing

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Now that downgoesbrown is behind the paywall, puck soup is the only free place to get the funniest man in hockey.

I finally got my student loan, I need to buy an Athletic subscription.

I like Steve Dangle too, but I look at the timecodes and avoid all leaf talk.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
You know who really should have their own nhl podcast? EJ Hradek. I think he’s perfect for that type of thing

I would probably sub out 31 Thoughts if Hradek got a podcast. I don't mind 31 Thoughts, but it can get really too canadian for my tastes (Yes I know it's produced by sportsnet, but I do live in California).

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
If you played/play hockey, you'll appreciate Spittin Chiclets, since it's former hockey players (and a stoner Bruins fan) talking about stories and getting a bit more personal with their interview guests.

Reactions: jbobell98

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Was very skeptical of Spitting Chiclets at first but now I dont ever miss an episode. Extremely funny and cool to hear about some player stories and what life is like in the NHL. Although I would say talking current events and generally whats happening in the league isn't the main focus of the pod they do have pretty good insights.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
31 Thoughts is good. Extremely good production value, but nothing groundbreaking

Biscuits was really good (RIP) because DGB is really good. Lozo is terrible

I tried ESPN on Ice but Wysh has just gotten awful after MVSW ended

I have tried Chicklets, its certainly pretty funny but I can't listen to it. I like Biz and Whit a lot, and their stories from the NHL and they get a lot of good stuff from guests. Its just the other guys on the podcast that are impossible to listen to

I really wish DGB would start a new podcast

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Little bit surprised that the Puck Podcast hasn't been mentioned yet, two genuine fans and very informative and fun.

My favourite. The only negative thing I have to say is that it's tedious to hear them go through every single result from the past week. It takes up 25 minutes or so and is completely pointless since that information is available elsewhere anyway. Just do a 5 minute sweep and move on to the interesting stuff where you actually discuss things.

Reactions: Matt UK

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Which ones??

It's not my cup of tea, but I think there is one called pdo cast for example. The guy's name is Dimitri filipovic or something like that.

Someone more in tune with that genre probably knows others.

Reactions: armyjoe

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
31Thoughts, Bobcast, Puck Podcast. Spittin' Chicklets every now and then, but it's got a strong 'frat boy' vibe to it. Gets old quick

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
My favourite is the hockey news podcast. I hate a lot of the hockey news (especially ken Campbell) but the production value is tight.

Otherwise, 31 thoughts, bobcast, and the athletic podcasts are my jams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad