Best HABS game you went to??

Azul

Where's my Cup?
Jul 15, 2010
Montreal
I haven't been to many games, but my first ever Habs game was when we were losing 5-0 to the Rangers, Price had been pulled, Huet wasn't doing so hot and then suddenly we came back, Ryder scored 2, Kovalev tied it 5-5 then we won off a Koivu shootout goal and Huet denying Jagr!

On my first game! Was awesome.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I was at a game directly behind the flyers bench in Montreal one time. Subban opened the 1st period with a huge hit right in front of the flyers bench. Being that close its hard to imagine getting up from the hits he does. That was for sure the best game I went to just because of the seats. It was awesome.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
I've been to a few good ones.

Games 6 vs Boston in 2001 where Theodore made that ridiculous save and we won the series.
Boom Boom's jersey retirement the day he passed.
5-0 game vs Boston on the 100th birthday. I met Viggo!
Roy's jersey retirement
Eller's 4 goals vs the Jets
Game 4 vs Tampa this year
Bourque's hatty vs the Arabs

So many great memories

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Saw game 3 and 4 of the Tampa sweep this past year, that was awesome. First playoff experience.

The 7-2 Carolina blowout was fun, even though Markov went down in that game. Lappys spin goal, I'll never forget.

All the games I've been too against Boston have been great. Seeing AK blast Lucic with that hit was great.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
Claude Lemieux... his first NHL season was in 1983 and he was still playing in the NHL in 2009. 26 years in the NHL so impressive.

He is the best example of a guy you really, really want on your team, and that you hate the most playing against him, too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Like it was yesterday...
I was all of 6 or 7 years old.
The Pens were in town and CBC was doing an article on Denis Heron a local Chambly Boy who was their number 1 G that year. My ole man was spear-heading the push to organize minor hockey back then and was invited as part of that interview with Dick Irvine. I got to hang out outside the CBC HNIC studio while the interview was taped and was impressed by Dick's shortness of stature and length of nose. LOL.

Watched the game from a booth don't remember the particulars but the Habs won easily.
i walked around bug eyed for weeks after that...

chuck1984

Jan 13, 2012
I went to a reaaaaaaaaaally bad one; Roy's last game as a Habs. I also had the chance of buying tickets for the Habs/Rangers game where we had the incredible come-back but didn't buy them finally...

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Dad got me some sweet tickets near the habs bench, got really drunk wth my brother before the game. When we get to the game the rangers took a 5-0 lead, the place was dead and a lot of people left. Then, habs proceed to score 5 straight and win in the shootout.

I've seen many playoff games live but when Kovy scored that tying goal it felt like the place was going to explode, I had never seen the place so loud in my life, not even close.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
My first time at the Bell Center (Molson Center back then) was the return of Saku Koivu vs the Ottawa Senators. My only time sitting in the Red seats.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I happened to attend the game in the old Madison Square Garden in which Jacques Plante took a shot off Andy Bathgate's stick that sliced his face open. He left the ice, was stitched up, and returned wearing his famous mask. The Habs won. My second favorite game also happened to be in MSG. It was a Sunday. The Habs were down to 3 Dmen because 2 others had been injured the night before and replacements couldn't arrive in time. Doug Harvey stayed on ice for 52 minutes. Sometimes one of the other Dmen was paired with him, but most of the time Harvey played with center Ralph Backstrom. The Habs won that game too. I also have vivid memories of a game at Boston Garden in 1957 that the Habs won. I can't single out any game at the Forum above all the others but many of them featured Maurice Richard, my all time hockey hero.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I was at the last game won by the Montreal Canadiens in the year 2013-2014. The victory of 7-4 against the Rangers in the playoffs. What an awesome game. It was my first playoff game too.

And Rene Bourque got a hat-trick. I won't forget this one soon! Being there was crazy.

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
I was at the Saku comeback and the Habs comeback against the Rangers. They're easily my 2 favorites all time.

I was also at the game Kovalev elbowed Tucker in 2006. We destroyed the leafs that night. Not as great, but still a classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khywEqMgtUI (kovy elbow)

I was there for the Kovalev/Tucker confrontation and that was great.

But the best game ever was 1986 game 3 versus the Bruins. Montreal had won 16 straight playoff series against the Bruins. But in '86 we finished 4th and they finished 1st. All the talk in Boston was that this was he year the streak would end. They were so confident.

Montreal won games 1 & 2 in Montreal, then back to Boston for the rest of the best of 5! series. Bruins were up 2-0 going into the third. Then Gainey (I think) scored 2 to tie and we went ahead 3-2 with about 5 minutes to go.

I'm excited but thinking this game is still close. But the Bruins fans had had enough. They booed the Bruins for the last 5 minutes of the game. Needless to say, the Bruins couldn't mount any pressure and we extended the streak.

Plus we of course won the cup that year.

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Reading this makes me realize something. I've seen the Habs live 6 times and 3 of them have been mentioned here.
Kovalev/Tucker Night
Habs comeback last year from 0-3 down to beat the Sens 7-4
Game 3, 1986 versus the Bruins.

Two other wins and a playoff loss to Philly in Game 2 a few years ago.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Game 5 of last year's playoffs against the Rangers. (7-4 win Bourque hat-trick). I was sitting at ice level too !

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Probably when I went to Sunrise and see the Habs beat the Panthers in OT on New Years Eve four years ago. At least it's the most recent memorable game I can think of. Komisarek's first game back to the Bell Centre as a Leaf was pretty fun as well.

PricePkPatch*

7th of December 2010

4-1 Victory against the Senators

What made that game so awesome was the incredible tickets I manage to get. Very first row. If you watch the replays of that game, you can see me right above the "H" of "Tim Horton" on the left-hand side of the TV. I'm the red blob.

Hell. You will see during the 2nd goal for us, I lower might right arm immediately after jumping up. I accidentally elbowed my then-girlfriend on the head XD

Just wanted to make sure she was all right. Still kept the left arm up in celebration!!!

I remember that game.. Subban had been a healthy scratch :cry: and the crowd chanted his name when the PP had troubles.

Also, I remember Lapierre pulling a move that was reminiscent of Maurice Richard. He basically sped from the blue line alone, completely beated the defenseman, and then completely beat the goalie on a quick right-left feint and then...

missed the net :cry:

IT HAPPENED LESS THAN TEN FEET FROM ME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad