Best HABS game you went to??

davenash

Aug 2, 2005
Rimouski, PQ
The best one was when I saw the Habs beat the Islanders in Long Island after trailing 4 to 1 after 2 periods, they came back and won 5-4. It was during the centennial year, IIRC. Kovalev and Pleky had a great night.

There was a lot of Habs fans in the crowd and we all celebrated in the parking, it was aweosme.

Pricef*

1992 playoffs, first round, game 7, Hartford at Montreal, in the Reds facing neutral zone, Russ Courtnall scores in double overtime. I was 8 years old, with my uncle, but still remember it well.

I believe that was the game where Yvon Corriveau rang one off the post in overtime? Stellar game.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Habs vs Flyers in 74 or 75 at the Forum. I was like 9, tons of fights (which was exciting for a kid). Bench clearing brawl to end the 1st. 2nd period started with each team with 5 or 6 guys in the penalty box. comical

Course that might just be how I remember it

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
2 come to mind for me actually 3... The first game i ever went to in Montreal. It was opening night after the ROCKET passed and they had a tribute to him. Wife and I had tears in our eyes from that.
2nd was opening night after SAKU announced his cancer. The ovation was incredible. [more tears]
3rd was in Long Island where HABS were losing 4-1 and came back to win 5-4. the arena was 3/4 HABSFANs and the atmosphere was incredible.

there are my 3..i could name more...how about you??

did you cry at the 3rd one too? Man what a baby . . . :sarcasm::D

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
The best one was when I saw the Habs beat the Islanders in Long Island after trailing 4 to 1 after 2 periods, they came back and won 5-4. It was during the centennial year, IIRC. Kovalev and Pleky had a great night.

There was a lot of Habs fans in the crowd and we all celebrated in the parking, it was aweosme.

DAVE Thats was one of my lifetime favorite nights..we had a big family reunion with my wifes family who are islander fans and us who are all HABSFANS. over 20 people total and it was an absolute blast. my daughter flew up from no. carolina and it was such an atmosphere. and the singing outside was great too

GREAT STORIES EVERYONE.. THE HISTORY WE HAVE IN OUR TEAM IS AWESOME

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
did you cry at the 3rd one too? Man what a baby . . . :sarcasm::D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:-- MAYBE. might sound stupid but when i was young i would try to tune house radio and as a teen i would drive around trying to tune in habs games on radios here in jersey. i could only catch french broadcast and not knowing french i would listen to the atmosphere and crowd to get a feel of what was going on. so anytime i am at bell centre for game the atmosphere is amazing.. ive been buffalo, nyr, nyi, njd, and philly and there is no atmosphere that has matched it yet. so as a 51 year old baby its an emotional time!! gonna be same when we are up there april 15th for flyers/habs

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I saw the habs score their 10 000th goal at home vs the San José Sharks.
I think it was Shaun Van Allen but I'm not sure. Anyway we had beaten the Sharks who were leading the western conference.

Yeah I know it sucks...

But all the other games I went were snooze-fest or loses.

Last edited:

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
Without a doubt the game where Saku came back after fighting off his cancer, I had tears in my eyes, I can still hear the "Saku! Saku! Saku!" chants in my head. What an experience! Plus we beat the Sens, were on an improbable playoff run and had the MVP in nets. And what jersey was I wearing? A freaking Gilmour sweater because I was so happy we had him on our team, lol

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
Without a doubt the game where Saku came back after fighting off his cancer, I had tears in my eyes, I can still hear the "Saku! Saku! Saku!" chants in my head. What an experience! Plus we beat the Sens, were on an improbable playoff run and had the MVP in nets. And what jersey was I wearing? A freaking Gilmour sweater because I was so happy we had him on our team, lol

mike great story.. we were up there the game before that at home--there was rumors he might play that game [saturday vs columbus] and i thought we hit the jack pot.. but instead it was a tuesday night and the next home game he played...AND YES I CRIED TOO WATCHING AT HOME ON TV AS HE SKATED OUT..Still have the game against toronto and the game he returned against ottawa on VHS

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
The blowout game against Carolina where Markov was injured. It was either 7-1 or 7-2. Probably my favourite just because of all the goals. ( The Lappy spinorama goal was great ).

I'm also 3 for 3 against Boston. Twice in Montreal and one game IN Boston with seats right behind the bench.. That was interesting.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
1. Game 6 vs pens in 2010
2. Game 6 vs caps in 2010

Memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks halak and cammy. Loudest ive ever seen the bell centre.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
2 games actually

- I was there the night Bob Gainey scored his only hat trick of his career. SRO seats we had a blast v the Jets 1.0

- I was in Boston to see the Habs play the Bruins with 4 of my buddies. Funny thing was Ray Bourque supplied the tickets. 0-0 game. One of the best up and down games I've ever seen and the boston faithful were grumbling that it was a garbage game. just goes to show.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Probably in 1993 during the playoffs. Which one, hard to say there were a number of good ones I got to see in person at the Forum.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
I just found the date of the game. It was January 7, 1997 against Hartford. The Habs came back from a 4-3 deficit with Damphousse scoring two goals in the last two minutes of the third period to make it 5-4 Habs. That last goal was his third of the night.

I still remember the two annoying Hartford fans sitting just behind me and my dad. They left with a few minutes left in the game saying how the game was over and it was pointless to watch the end of it...

Sports1131

Oct 24, 2004
Probably "Riot Night", Game 7 against the Bruins a few years back when we finished first in the conference.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Unless i'm mistaken about the year:

2002 1st round playoffs. 6th game. Sending the no.1 seed Boston Bruins on vacations was gold. The building was rocking, pretty crazy night. Especially after McLaren had send Zednik to the hospital on the 4th game...(which i also attend).

Didnt had tickets. Told my friend: "Let's go get some tickets from the scalpers, tonight we are putting the Bruins down". Crapiest spot in the Bell Center, 100$ per ticket (was list at 27-28$ or so at face value). Gold.

I was at that game as well. In fact, that was the series-clinching game by the Habs. It was the night Theodore made his famous stick save.

Anyways, the best game I've ever been to was the 6-5 comeback against the Rangers. It was incredible. I couldn't believe what I witnessed.

I was also lucky enough to see Kovalev's flying elbow on Darcy ****ing Tucker. It was glorious.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Only been to 5 Habs games..

First one was dec 15th 1990 in Winnipeg 4-2 lost (Schneider and Savard)
Second game was in Nov 9th 2002, Montreal vs L.A. 3-1 Win (Perreault (2), Zednik)
Third in Ottawa Feb 9 2008 Ottawa won 6-1 (S. Kostitsyn)
4th game was last years Home Opener vs Flames.. 4-1 Flames win.. (A.K. and Bourque got 2 goals for the Flames)
5th game was 2 days later vs Colorado a 6-5 SO lost to the Avalanche

The game vs the Avalanche was the best.. lots of lead changes and a SO wich only lasted 2 shooters lol..

I live 14 hours away from montreal so thats why it's hard for me to go see a game live at the Bell center!

davenash

Aug 2, 2005
Rimouski, PQ
DAVE Thats was one of my lifetime favorite nights..we had a big family reunion with my wifes family who are islander fans and us who are all HABSFANS. over 20 people total and it was an absolute blast. my daughter flew up from no. carolina and it was such an atmosphere. and the singing outside was great too

GREAT STORIES EVERYONE.. THE HISTORY WE HAVE IN OUR TEAM IS AWESOME

Cool.

I drove 15 hours for that game and it was worth it.

canadiansbronco

Jun 10, 2011
Game 6 or was it 4? vs the caps where halak had 50+ saves, Eller's 4 goal night and a bunch of other i cant remember right now

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:-- MAYBE. might sound stupid but when i was young i would try to tune house radio and as a teen i would drive around trying to tune in habs games on radios here in jersey. i could only catch french broadcast and not knowing french i would listen to the atmosphere and crowd to get a feel of what was going on. so anytime i am at bell centre for game the atmosphere is amazing.. ive been buffalo, nyr, nyi, njd, and philly and there is no atmosphere that has matched it yet. so as a 51 year old baby its an emotional time!! gonna be same when we are up there april 15th for flyers/habs

all good, was just busting your chops. I grew up in Mtl in the 70s and early 80s so it was easy to be Habs fan. You get major props for doing it the hard way! :handclap:

Kovatar

Oct 29, 2010
I was there for the greatest comeback in hockey history vs the Rangers

The 6-5 OT/SO win!

Yep. I was at that game too. My friend coaxed me into paying a scalper 200 bucks for the tickets. Given that it was a hefty chunk of my student budget I was cursing him until half way through the game; but it all ended well. :) I had a feeling we'd win after that delay when all the fans threw those scrolls on the ice when the refs called a questionable penalty on Komisarek, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad