Best feeling in Hockey

DoYouBeleaf

Aug 13, 2010
Mississauga
I remember a team wanted me back really bad and I was teammates with most of the kids for years, but the only problem was they wanted me to play D, so I settled for a team with much less skill, and played forward. So every time we played them that year I would rack up goal after goal against them. And to me thats the best feeling in hockey scoring on your former teammates.:laugh:

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Making a big 'ol glove save and showing it to the shooter.

Oh and I'm a defenseman, the goalie played the puck had it poked checked away and tripped up getting back to the net. I was right place right time, dropped down on my knees in the crease and somehow got a glove on it.

(yes my hand still hurts, but it was totally worth it.)

Analyzer*

Making a big 'ol glove save and showing it to the shooter.

Oh and I'm a defenseman, the goalie played the puck had it poked checked away and tripped up getting back to the net. I was right place right time, dropped down on my knees in the crease and somehow got a glove on it.

(yes my hand still hurts, but it was totally worth it.)

You didn't get a penalty ?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
As a forward, scoring goals always drove me. I can't ever get enough of that feeling; it stays with you after the game is done for a few hours. For those fleeting moments, you are accomplished - and an entire fanbase is cheering it. :)

I used to get butterflies just visualizing scoring before a game.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
You didn't get a penalty ?

I probably should have now that you mention it, but we were down 11-2, the ref was feeling generous. Either that or he was asleep. Didn't call a single penalty all game, and missed several offsides/icings.

Last edited:

2fast4u2*

Best feeling in hockey is dropping the gloves with some cheap, chiseling stick artist and then speed bagging him to the point of tears.

THIS THIS THIS.....and ripping the cage off of a guy that chirps all game long but doesnt do anything at alll

Avshockey85

Jan 11, 2011
UT
i agree with the OP; i had a chance to play against my current team with some old teammates of mine. considering we have too many players on my current team, i wasn't on the roster so i thought why not play against them?? game went to a shootout, and they let me be the last shooter. scored in the shootout and won the game!!

i was mostly excited because i'm more of a defensive forward than anything,and that's my role on my team. i would more than likely be the last player to even get the chance to skate in the shootout anyways, since i'm one of the lesser known kid on my team.

Turboflex*

As a dman, love to just shut down guys on the rush 1 on 1, especially players better than me. I'm a decent dman but never played much competitive letter grade inter-city hockey as a kid, just house leagues, now I play in some decent quality league including one where we get some ex-major junior, us college, ex-semi pro guys (echl), even a guy who was drafted and played in AHL (took his slapshot off the top of my foot once CHRISTTTTTT), and it is a really sweet thrill when one of these guys comes in 1 on 1 with me and tries to go through me and I stop him cold, and quickly move puck out to team.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
As a dman, love to just shut down guys on the rush 1 on 1, especially players better than me. I'm a decent dman but never played much competitive letter grade inter-city hockey as a kid, just house leagues, now I play in some decent quality league including one where we get some ex-major junior, us college, ex-semi pro guys (echl), even a guy who was drafted and played in AHL (took his slapshot off the top of my foot once CHRISTTTTTT), and it is a really sweet thrill when one of these guys comes in 1 on 1 with me and tries to go through me and I stop him cold, and quickly move puck out to team.

I agree 100 percent. As a Dman the best feeling in hockey is either sniping a howitzer off a one timer or completely shutting down the hotshot on the other team who challenges you one on one every time he gets the puck.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Had 1G, 1A tonight against a different team I asked to play on this season.

They wouldn't let me play full time, but as a paid sub...nothing against them but sure felt good getting points against them.

We really shut them down, 7-1 win they are the top team in the league, tonight we broke a 3 way tie for second place and now we're just 1 game behind them.

I wasn't flying, but at my best on the forecheck. Got in a couple of guys faces tonight and tipped a few pucks. We really stepped up the forecheck on them and gapped them really tough, which basically eliminated their forward play.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
For me it's a tie between:

1) Any pretty play that results in a goal for my team. A great assist, a goal on a nice shot, whatever. Bonus marks if it's a close game, and extra bonus marks if it's in OT

2) Winning, I'm definitely more psyched about a hard fought win where I have no points than a loss where I score a couple goals

GoldenTriangle

Jan 15, 2011
When I first step out onto the ice, sprinting all the way down and crossing over at the other end while carrying speed. The sound of my edge digging into the ice and feeling the breeze as I hit top speed, that's the best feeling in hockey.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
THIS THIS THIS.....and ripping the cage off of a guy that chirps all game long but doesnt do anything at alll

in a house league? Really?:shakehead

I'd rather draw a goalie in so much that he leaves his opposite side open and then pass to a teammate on the other side of the crease for the goal.

TheRocket87

Nov 26, 2010
Winning the league as a team > Delivering a perfectly timed hip check > Scoring/setting up a goal beautifully.

I'm not the biggest guy so I really enjoy dishing out the occasional hit :yo:

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
As a goalie, getting deked out but still reaching back with the blocker glove and stick along the ice and robbing the shooter... and then hearing your bench go crazy, cheering and banging their sticks on the boards. Times like that, I felt 10 feet tall.

Other than that, just arriving at the rink... feeling the chill...seeing other players lugging their equipment... hearing the zamboni going around or pucks banging off the boards if a game was still in progress...man, that whole scene just makes your pulse quicken, you can't wait to get out there and play!!!

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad