Best feeling in Hockey

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Scoring against your former team-mates!

The ones who would offer me a roster spot this season...

I was high along the boards, kicked the puck a couple of times, ended up around the hash marks, found a clearing passed the puck and put it right on the tape to my center and he scored!:hockey:

That's (nearly) the best feeling in the world.:yo::nod:

I always had to play defense for these lousy-average teams I played on for so many years. Never really got to get involved in the offense much, and so far this season I have 5 points in 7 games(really could have closer to 8). Never considered myself a ringer and I play on the 3rd line, but this is definitely the best team I have ever played on!

Sorry for the gloating, just feels good to stick it to 'em!

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Forget that. I just love scoring.

I don't really even find happiness in winning games, I just hate losing them. Although, being part of a championship team is very fun and I enjoyed that.

Analyzer*

Getting back on the ice after being off it for a while. Whether coming back from injury, or just not being able to play. Once you step back on that ice it just feels great. You want that game to start right away.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
Well there is getting on the ice for the first time of the season. Nothing beats it.

As for in game, I always loved a late game tying goal. For whatever reason those always get so much more emotion out of me than the go ahead goal. If I score a go ahead goal late it almost feels relieving. A tying goal, with the stress of being down late, and the momentum youre trying to build, nothing gets me more pumped than tying up a game in the third. Anyone else agree?

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Scoring the game tying goal forcing overtime back in when I was 14 and 17. Getting a massive open ice hit on a player bigger than you.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Just skating... then that gets boring about 5min in then all I wanna do is shoot a puck either against the boards or in the net. Then playing the absolute hardest possible and scoring feels pretty damn awesome too.:handclap:

Good thread! Wanna play again...

SouthpawTRK

Sep 18, 2009
Northern California
I would say the best feeling in hockey for me happened this past weekend. I got to lace 'em up with my team mates and we got to play at The Tank for one of our regulation games.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Any late goal that ties a game or wins it, whether I score or set it up, feels awesome. Also, great defensive plays feel good when your teammates notice them.

My favorite is definitely burning a player that's been trash talking all game for a goal, though. Good job, beer league all-star.

Halifaxhab*

Playing in a military tournament, in a final against my Regiment's biggest (friendly)rival and scoring a tying goal with 1sec left and then scoring in the 3OT...that was the greatest night, and after party EVER!! It's been 15 years but I still get to rub it in their faces, and I'm still hated there:laugh:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Scoring a difficult/skilled game winning or trying goal to break out of a slump. I've done all of those things individually, but I don't think I've ever put all of that together into one play.

blueberrydanish

May 5, 2009
I like breaking up a play with a solid hard-effort backcheck. It gives me a boost of confidence and energy.

ya prob best one for me. Being defense I dont get awhole lot of chances to score and when I do they are never game tying/winning =\.

Hookin up a sweet break away pass is always a good one too.

Patchey*

Breaking a long slump with a slapshot on a breakaway with 13 seconds left to win the game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Easily the most pumped I've been was a game tying goal in a (beer league) championship game. We were down 1-0 in the final period and the other team had a 5-on-3, but we managed to force a faceoff in their zone. I took the faceoff and figured what the hell, why not push forward. I got the puck through the center's legs, hopped onto it and just roofed it top shelf.

I've never been that excited. My D-Man said I nearly knocked his arm off with the high five after doing a fist pump. We ended up winning the game 3-1. Fun times. :)

Other than that, just scoring goals or setting up nice goals. Always a nice feeling to set up your buddies, and scoring a nice goal feels damn good.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I don't mind scoring goals, but I always feel great about making that small play that helps set up a scoring opportunity... be it a strong breakout pass, an aggressive forecheck that forces a turnover, or skating with the puck to draw players out of position before hitting the open man with a pass for an easy goal.

I like breaking up a play with a solid hard-effort backcheck. It gives me a boost of confidence and energy.

I'll believe that when or if I see it :laugh:

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
I don't mind scoring goals, but I always feel great about making that small play that helps set up a scoring opportunity... be it a strong breakout pass, an aggressive forecheck that forces a turnover, or skating with the puck to draw players out of position before hitting the open man with a pass for an easy goal.

I'll believe that when or if I see it :laugh:

Best feeling in hockey is scoring two terrible goals on Frank D'Angelo. Is that better? ;)

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
how about playing shinny on our outdoor rink till the wee hours of the night. with my friends and all of our kids. the way the game was meant to be played.:hockey:

ryangib

May 4, 2009
how about playing shinny on our outdoor rink till the wee hours of the night. with my friends and all of our kids. the way the game was meant to be played.:hockey:

playing with news papers for shin guards, wood sticks, and walking to school, both ways up hill.

member 30781

Getting the first goal of the season. Especially for me since I took me until the last game of the season to do it. I was ridiculously excited and screaming my head off that I actually scored, but I think my one teammate, who constantly joked with me about when I would finally score, was more excited than I was. When I scored he tackled me.

Avery4Byng*

Serving a Too Many Men penalty and the post game beers. Only two reasons to lacem up.

Dump and Chase

Hand of God
May 6, 2010
Best feeling in hockey is dropping the gloves with some cheap, chiseling stick artist and then speed bagging him to the point of tears.

densetsu

As a goalie, it's gotta be the desperation glove save. Reaching out and snagging that quick cross-crease one-timer out of mid-air, even though you're way out of position. I don't do a Patrick Roy followthrough, I just hold my glove out in the position I made the save in and wait for the whistle, then show my teammates or the ref the puck in my glove. That look of astonishment from everybody, I love it.

Everything else just feels routine. Stoning a guy on a breakaway by reading his deke and dropping into butterfly? Sure, it was a great save, but it just feels routine. Desperation just gives you an adrenaline rush that can't be beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad