Best defensemen professionally scouted by Benning regime?

Best defensemen professionally scouted by Benning regime?

• Total voters

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
How come there are only bad options to choose from?

Like after 7 years, Benning must have found some good defencemen via trade or UFA. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. This list must be missing someone...oh yeah, Bartkowski.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I have come to the realization this is a trick question. Who ever you think is the best defence man in the league is, this regime scouted!

the question says nothing about acquiring… at least in the title.

Dural

Jul 1, 2013
In terms of bringing a player in to do what is expected of them, probably have to go with Fantenberg. He was solid during the bubble run, one of the few players who didn't make me nervous when I saw him skating back to retrieve the puck.

Schmidt was the best player acquisition, that it didn't work out comes down to many factors, but many of those same factors will be working against OEL.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!...That's a 'murderer's row' of bad d-men from which to choose! And when you look at the assets the Canucks blew to acquire some of them, it's enough to give you heartburn.

Call me a hopeless optimist, but I'm going to say that the Canucks pro scouting might be improving a bit. (How can it not improve?) I'd say heading into this season, Hamonic has had a nice bounce-back with the Canucks. And Myers would be acceptable if he was being paid $4m instead of $6m.

And I suspect that Poolman and OEL might eventually grade out as a 'win' for the Canucks pro scouts. After eight long years, they might actually be getting the hang of it.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
In terms of bringing a player in to do what is expected of them, probably have to go with Fantenberg. He was solid during the bubble run, one of the few players who didn't make me nervous when I saw him skating back to retrieve the puck.

Schmidt was the best player acquisition, that it didn't work out comes down to many factors, but many of those same factors will be working against OEL.
No Edler so the factors will be worse imho. Schmidt had both Edler & Hamonic last season.

edit: I forgot to account for The Poolman!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad