Best defensemen professionally scouted by Benning regime?

Best defensemen professionally scouted by Benning regime?

• Total voters

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Who is it? Benning’s regime has had the better part of a decade to scout the below defensemen.

Bonus question: who is the second best defenseman?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
No it’s different now guys, trust me. The defence is fine. We have former Norris contender OEL and “right handed Tanev” in Tucker Poolman.

Reactions: LogicalOrca

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Thought Schenn looked real serviceable in his first stint in Vancouver.

Reactions: MarkMM

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Schmidt..but the Knights apparently initiated the trade talks and Benning got rid of him less than a year later…so lol

Reactions: CherryToke

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
re: schenn, most likely he wasn’t even pro scouted the first time we got him. like jussi jokinen, he was just thrown in to offset cap hits and was a pleasant garbage time surprise. or like a decade ago when injuries forced us to call up and play brad lukowich for a month.

the schenn of next year and the year after, that guy we will have pro scouted.

upload_2021-8-2_11-13-52.gif

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
This is a tiny bit off topic, but this sad conversation reminds me that my dream announcement would be that Brad Smith has joined the FO.

Brad Smith is the director of professional scouting for the Colorado Avalanche. Colorado's professional scouting is so so good bringing in Devon Toews for a great deal, and it was rumored that their second option was Mackenzie Weegar who also broke out this past season and a bit.

With a slew of other good under the radar pickups (Graves/Donskoi/+++) it's just so blatantly obvious how inept our professional scouts are.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Went with Schenn, based on value. OEL then Schmidt if based on skill. But Schmidt sure wasn't a $6 M D man here. Maybe 3. And the Canucks years really is dependent on whether OEL plays like a $7M player, or the most overpaid player in the league. Smart money is somewhere in the middle of that range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad