Best Canuck bodycheck

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Linden hit, simply because that's something that sticks out to me when I think of Linden as a player.

HM to Bertuzzi on Chellios and Ballard on McGinn.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Not a single hit but if we are talking physicality I will always remember this shift:

But for a single hit then for me it's got to be the Mitchell hit, I like Toews but Mitchell just absolutely crushed him and unlike a few in the list it was completely clean.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I don't understand how anyone can vote for Hammy on Lucic. He injured himself on that play, and that injury is one of the key moments in the storyline of this team still not having a Stanley cup. Wouldn't something that negative factor in?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
From this list I will go with Linden... but there are many more that could be on the list. I remember Bure's flying elbow was quite the smash.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
I would have thought it'd be permanently engrained in people's minds.

But anyways, it's not the standalone hit that's impressive in a vacuum, it's the context of everything leading up to it. The Kings were physically pushing us around (even though we were out-skilling them), and up to that point, Edler would normally just take it and was not at all a physical player. Then all of a sudden he started hitting everything in sight out of nowhere and punctuated it with this.

One of my favorite performances in the last 10 years.

Imagine if a guy like Tanev suddenly grew devil Horns and started cheapshotting everyone on the bruins, then knocked out Chara in a TKO fight at the end of the night. :laugh: That's the kind of exhileration I had watching that game.

I loved that whole series. Felt like a turning point for that group.

This goal especially:

I think most fans (myself included) thought they were done when they went down 2-1.

Also, favourite hit is Peca on Selanne. I know it's illegal now, but I remember watching it as a kid and going nuts. Just loved it.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

And this is why suspensions should be handed out based on intent rather than outcome (for the most part, carelessness does have its price). A very very dirty play.

More on topic, though. Mitchell IMO, Archibald is close but Mitchell against Chicago and Toews, it warms the cockles of my heart. The Hamhuis one likely cost us the cup, and Linden took the worst of his hit, though it certainly looked pretty.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Taking the Linden one.

Mitchell on Toews always bugged me because it was a clean hit and they stopped the play and denied the resulting 2 on 0 breakaway, in a close rivalry game. Why? If the Hawks want to go after Mitchell for putting on a clean hit, and forget about actually playing hockey, they should give up a goal.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Bertuzzi on Salvadore. This one iced this series for the Canucks I think:

Bure on Leetch was a good one:

Davison on Nichol was awesome because Nichol is a punk: @56s

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Edler on Doughty is near the top of the list for me, not only because of who was involved, but also because it directly nullified a scoring chance -- which is rare for a big hit (most are hits just for the sake of, including in this collection).

I'm glad Bawa on glass (not Glass) and Bulis on Johnson were also brought up, because those are two of the funnier memories in Canuck history.

Can someone correct the poll so that Linden's hit is correctly shown as being on Jeff Norton, not Nathan Horton (which is a whole other can of worms).

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Beauty from Bieksa.

And a bunch from Edler, when he used to play physical hockey.

Edler nails Hall:

Edler clobbers Eberle:

Edler on Hall (again - this time, complete with bogus penalty call!)

Edler smokes Smyth (from the 2010 series vs. LA)

Edler rocks Hornqvist:

Edler flattens Duchene:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
The Ohlund one on Hemsky was impressive and devastating, knocked Hemsky out for weeks with that hit.

Right now my standings are

1. Mitchell on Toews
2. Bertuzzi on Jackman
3. Ohlund on Hemsky
4. Linden on Norton
5. Rome on Horton
6. Raffi Torres on Seabrook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad