Best Canuck bodycheck

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
None of these.

Personally, Edler on Doughty is one of the most exhilerating moments I've had as a Canuck fan.

The guy played like a marshmellow-type up until that game, and we always told ourselves "he'd be something if he started playing physical hockey", yet we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Then all of a sudden it was like a lightbulb turned on in Edler's head and like he suddenly cared, and he was glorious.

Really made my week.

And then that lightbulb went off again. :laugh:

LolClarkson*

None of these.

Personally, Edler on Doughty is one of the most exhilerating moments I've had as a Canuck fan.

The guy played like a marshmellow-type up until that game, and we always told ourselves "he'd be something if he started playing physical hockey", yet we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Then all of a sudden it was like a lightbulb turned on in Edler's head and like he suddenly cared, and he was glorious.

Really made my week.

Thanks for the link :sarcasm:

skg

Jul 29, 2005
None of these.

Really made my week.

Good hit but not on the same level of destruction as Mitchell on Toews, Rome on Horton or Peca on Selanne.

Ubik

Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver
What about Hordichuk on Turco? That was sweet to watch as a Canucks fan damn that Turco and his puck handling skills.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I love how bad Bert rocked Jackman and he pretty much let up. Can you imagine Raffi Torres throwing a hit on a player in the same position. He would have charged right into him. Bert let up and still concussed him iirc.

Pretty sure it was actually his shoulder.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
how about the entire game against detroit when manny and raffi had the wings' d coughing up the puck scared?

that game was the highest point of the sedin/luongo/kesler era, imo.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Hamhuis' hit is arguably the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise, to this day I still believe that cost us the cup.

i agreee. lucic weighs alot. and hamhuis the way he put himself in the position to land that hipcheck was his fault as well. he bent too low. and once lucic went head over heels. hamhuis began to feel "hurt" and thats when the defense crumbled. injuries to edler/bieska/ suspenion to rome didnt help either.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Definitely not as good as some of the others, but I loved Alberts wrecking Datsyuk a few years back. It's almost impossible to hit Datsyuk like that, but Alberts caught him in the tracks perfectly:

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
Not really a hit but this is why Bertuzzi was my favorite player in the WCE era

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the link :sarcasm:
I would have thought it'd be permanently engrained in people's minds.

But anyways, it's not the standalone hit that's impressive in a vacuum, it's the context of everything leading up to it. The Kings were physically pushing us around (even though we were out-skilling them), and up to that point, Edler would normally just take it and was not at all a physical player. Then all of a sudden he started hitting everything in sight out of nowhere and punctuated it with this.

One of my favorite performances in the last 10 years.

Imagine if a guy like Tanev suddenly grew devil Horns and started cheapshotting everyone on the bruins, then knocked out Chara in a TKO fight at the end of the night. :laugh: That's the kind of exhileration I had watching that game.

Last edited:

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
There's lots of hits that aren't on the list that could be. Edler on Doughty for example, but in reality it wasn't one of the best hits in Canucks history. I do however think Bertuzzi on Jackman, and Rome on Horton should be on the list but I forgot about those (my fault).

triplets

Aug 25, 2006
Beautiful BC
Hamhuis' hit is arguably the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise, to this day I still believe that cost us the cup.

Totally agree with this.
The series turned on this hit.
Imagine Lucic being injured, while Hamhuis continued to play.
Now imagine the parade downtown.:handclap::handclap:
That one play more than anything decided it.:cry::cry:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Totally agree with this.
The series turned on this hit.
Imagine Lucic being injured, while Hamhuis continued to play.
Now imagine the parade downtown.:handclap::handclap:
That one play more than anything decided it.:cry::cry:
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there were rioting either way. :p:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
This thread makes me miss Raffi :(

The Archibald hit isn't getting enough love. Yeah the players are nobodies and it's technically not the Canucks but it was a hell of a hit. The guy getting hit just goes flying there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad